Harry & Ben McKay

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be quite happy to bet that the number 1 draft pick playing key position in the AFL right now is going to be a better forward than this other bloke who kicked some goals in the VFL.

Who Weideman Harry McKay or Ben McKay

Only really a matter of opinion even from me about who will be the better forward in the long run
Obviously Blues recruited Harry to be next big key forward
Melbourne recruited Sam Weideman to be a supporting big forward next to Jesse Hogan
same can be said about Ben McKay as see him as more of a supporting forward rather than the main go-to guy

Josh Schache for me doesn't kick a great deal and doesn't rack up a lot of possession. Maybe his first year but not convinced on his abilities just yet

Me personally right now I'd have
Harry McKay ahead of the other forwards because of his big frame. Then Ben McKay including ahead of Weideman and Schache
Next year I could have different opinion on the matter

Yeah this is garbage. If we had the option to grab Schache we would have, there's no ifs or buts and I think he has shown a tremendous amount of potential in a struggling side.

H McKay has had a severe back injury in which the club was never going to risk his rehab, he has shown some really promising glimpses in the VFL, I really doubt he will be a bust as some other clown suggested but make no mistake, if Brisbane and every other club had a brain melt on draft night and Schache fell to us with that pick we would have stuttered something shocking trying to speak out his name or draft number.

Yeah this is garbage. If we had the option to grab Schache we would have, there's no ifs or buts and I think he has shown a tremendous amount of potential in a struggling side.

H McKay has had a severe back injury in which the club was never going to risk his rehab, he has shown some really promising glimpses in the VFL, I really doubt he will be a bust as some other clown suggested but make no mistake, if Brisbane and every other club had a brain melt on draft night and Schache fell to us with that pick we would have stuttered something shocking trying to speak out his name or draft number.

I agree that Harry won't be a bust. Been ok since returning from back injury and will be our lead big man when cements his spot in the side
If you were to ask if I'd let Harry go ahead of Schache id think about for a long long time but still no. Rather keep Harry as can see plenty of up side

Can confirm I saw 1 quarter that Ben McKay played and he was very good, and due to harry being an identical twin I can almost say with certainty that he is capable of the same. They are identical twins afterall.
Nah, nurture plays a big role too.

I agree that Harry won't be a bust. Been ok since returning from back injury and will be our lead big man when cements his spot in the side
If you were to ask if I'd let Harry go ahead of Schache id think about for a long long time but still no. Rather keep Harry as can see plenty of up side
You make no sense, as per usual.

Why would you pick McKay over a bloke who's actually played senior afl football? Makes no sense old Gillo. Old blue baggers aye. As one eyed as they come.

That's irrelevant, we are talking about draft night. I wouldn't let Harry go now because of the shithouse message and perception it would send. It's really simple, if Schache was available at the pick (8 or whatever it was) we would have snapped him up.

Oh more magic from gillo.

We've got some promising signs from our young first year talls in the VFL, Sam Weideman has kicked 20 goals and Liam Hulett has 21.

This year in the VFL will do wonders for them going into next season and I'm really excited to see how they develop.

Do you know if Weideman has a twin I can do a comparison with to see how good he will be?

That's irrelevant, we are talking about draft night. I wouldn't let Harry go now because of the shithouse message and perception it would send. It's really simple, if Schache was available at the pick (8 or whatever it was) we would have snapped him up.

That's what I meant. I wouldn't want Harry to go, I've seen many interviews and seen him at family day functions and think he has great character and can see why Sos recruited him. Not just because of potential but also how he presents himself

I've actually also met Ben and Arden St training which not fair from Carlton and seems more causal than his brother so hard to believe these 2 are identical.

If Josh slipped to our pick on draft night, I'd still pass over Harry due to scared why everyone else passed on him

That's what I meant. I wouldn't want Harry to go, I've seen many interviews and seen him at family day functions and think he has great character and can see why Sos recruited him. Not just because of potential but also how he presents himself

I've actually also met Ben and Arden St training which not fair from Carlton and seems more causal than his brother so hard to believe these 2 are identical.

If Josh slipped to our pick on draft night, I'd still pass over Harry due to scared why everyone else passed on him

So you don't mind that everyone else passed Harry, but you would if they passed Josh. Flawless logic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something to note is that both are EFC fans. They love the club and are devoted to it. We will see them don the red and black at the end of their current contracts. Confirmed.

You do realise the rules on restricted free agents?
Blues would demand a first round pick pref 10-12 for Harry and NMFC would demand a second round considering was taken 21 in the draft

But neither will go to Bombers. If anything Blues and NMFC will try get the other brother on their lists

You do realise the rules on restricted free agents?
Blues would demand a first round pick pref 10-12 for Harry and NMFC would demand a second round considering was taken 21 in the draft

But neither will go to Bombers. If anything Blues and NMFC will try get the other brother on their lists

Gillo you underestimate the love these McKay's have for the dons. PSD.

Gillo you underestimate the love these McKay's have for the dons. PSD.

Well when players get recruited into clubs, they very quickly change the teams they support

I don't know football player in the AFL that is requesting an Essendon trade

I heard Paddy McCartin requested a trade to Geelong as misses home soo much
Bloody hell R2'18 now you have gone and made him crack a tanty. He was putting up gold, just roll with it FFS! :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back