Harry Himmelberg [Re-Signed to 2029]

Does he stay or does he go?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Well IF anyone was to secure his services it would be between Collingwood and Essendon as both have had known trade partnerships (Ess: Devon Smith , Dylan Shiel , James Stewart) , (Coll: Taylor Adams , Will Hoskin-Elliott, Adam Treloar , Bobby Hill) he's criminally underrated in my opinion

I get it he looks like a Richmond player and yes you got Taranto and Hopper for peanuts but GWS make foolish hardball decisions I just want him to get out of that orange hellhole

If the Giants somehow get Band 1 compo for him given their likely finishing position next year, that's a massive win for GWS and I doubt they match it

Good, solid player but definitely expendable from a Giants perspective if it means getting another top 10 pick in next year's draft, and they have a good hand in that already.

Giants might trade him to us for pick 7?

How much cap space will Richmond have , oh wise one?

One hes a free agent so why would anyone trade for him? (He will either stay or they take compo)
Secondly you dont have a r1 in 2023 to trade so im not sure what you are talking about.

On capspace look we are all guessing and i know you have martin and riewoldt coming off the books in the next couple of years but guys like rioli short and bolton have recently signed contracts long term that would have pay bumps and with taranto and hopper id be surprised if you had the cap room for another big long term deal.

If the Giants somehow get Band 1 compo for him given their likely finishing position next year, that's a massive win for GWS and I doubt they match it

Good, solid player but definitely expendable from a Giants perspective if it means getting another top 10 pick in next year's draft, and they have a good hand in that already.

I think you've slept on how good he was in the second half of last year. He was averaging about 24 touches, 7.2 intercepts a game and 560 metres gained and they were still running him a bit forward and through the ruck. If he plays at the same standard in the back line for the whole year, he's making the AA team, definitely deserving of a band one and would be a big loss as he and Taylor would be the best 1-2 KPD punch in the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you've slept on how good he was in the second half of last year. He was averaging about 24 touches, 7.2 intercepts a game and 560 metres gained and they were still running him a bit forward and through the ruck. If he plays at the same standard in the back line for the whole year, he's making the AA team, definitely deserving of a band one and would be a big loss as he and Taylor would be the best 1-2 KPD punch in the AFL.
No one is paying him the $750k needed for band one.

Well IF anyone was to secure his services it would be between Collingwood and Essendon as both have had known trade partnerships (Ess: Devon Smith , Dylan Shiel , James Stewart) , (Coll: Taylor Adams , Will Hoskin-Elliott, Adam Treloar , Bobby Hill) he's criminally underrated in my opinion

What. Trade partnerships?

Didnt Eddie almost pop a vein in his neck swearing they would poach every decent Vic youngster from GWS after the AFL start up concessions? And they followed through with that threat.

And Doro, what an operator . His SOP is shaft the opposition and win every trade.

If I was GWS the Pies and Bombers are the last clubs Id choose to deal with.

Good chance HH will want to play forward if he changes clubs

Good chance HH will want to play forward if he changes clubs

Maybe but he isnt worth as much as a forward as he is a defender. If someone was to offer him a monster contract i think it would be under the proviso that hes in defence.

Maybe but he isnt worth as much as a forward as he is a defender. If someone was to offer him a monster contract i think it would be under the proviso that hes in defence.

Agreed. After what he showed this season I don't know why anyone would be looking at him as a forward. He's been at best a goal and a half a game forward which is handy, but his intercept and rebounding game looked elite though.

Agreed. After what he showed this season I don't know why anyone would be looking at him as a forward. He's been at best a goal and a half a game forward which is handy, but his intercept and rebounding game looked elite though.

Cause he was on track for 50 odd goals and was the best kick at goal statistically in the league?

Forwards are generally more valuable than kpd too

Feel like he might stay. Don’t think the offers coming in will be that much more than what we offer him.
If someone does lure him out with big offer we pick up a great pick in a strong draft.

Carlton could be an option too.

They'll have a bunch of players out of contract next year - including Marchbank, McGovern etc

They could get Himmelberg in defense/swingman role with more finals as the carrot.

Back