Harry Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

How were you able to type the music notes?

Some things about him remind me of Hodge and also Jude Bolton.
Seems a better runner than both, so maybe we could have something special with this lad.

Is that to the tune of "Daddy Cool" (Boney M)???
Me & Mrs Jones, Billy Paul.
When he nails it at 1:24.

Harry Kewell has the Daddy Cool song all stitched up. I remember the singing in the 1997 world cup qualifier vs Iran, yeah THAT game..
She's crazy like a fool
For Harry, Harry Kewell
Harry, Harry Kewell

Last edited:
What I love about Harry is that he is a one grabber particularly off the ground. It is something that is very hard to teach. Look at Hanrahan who cant quite vacuum the ball up cleanly off the deck with enough regularity and is why he might hit a ceiling.

For those who saw him at VFL last year was his legspeed ok?

What I love about Harry is that he is a one grabber particularly off the ground. It is something that is very hard to teach. Look at Hanrahan who cant quite vacuum the ball up cleanly off the deck with enough regularity and is why he might hit a ceiling.

For those who saw him at VFL last year was his legspeed ok?
So your reckon future captain? Or just multiple Brownlow winner ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

...... For those who saw him at VFL last year was his legspeed ok?

Did not notice his speed either way. Being clean with the footy is his go. Even if he is slow, he'll always be fine if he remains a one-touch player in the heat of the AFL.

Most of last year he played off a back flank so he can run.

In his own words he is more of an endurance athlete. Speed is not one of his strengths
There is speed and then there is speed though

Langers was quick but couldn't one grab and his speed was wasted

Some blokes look faster because they are clean

Some blokes look faster because they read the play well

Some blokes look faster because they are good decision makers

Then you got guys like Jars who have actual jets :D

In his own words he is more of an endurance athlete. Speed is not one of his strengths
Looks quick enough over short distances though. Decent acceleration and lateral movement was evidenced in his junior footage anyway :)

I would agree with Bris, his junior footage shows a bit of that and the fact that he tested very well for both running and standing vertical jump (top 10 combine) would suggest that he is definitely explosive. Perhaps his back injury inhibited his speed, and with proper professional training he could be genuinely quick.

In fact there are studies that conclude Olympic lifters (purely explosive athletes) are, on average, quicker over the first 25 metres than pure sprinters - typically if you have explosive power through your legs and your hips you have some sort of speed.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back