Harry Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 3, 2006
Manchester
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
EPL
Not a lot has been said about this kid, but I gotta say I really rate this kid. From the little I have seen of him, he is as hard as a cats head and apparently has a massive tank. Was drafted as a mid fielder but played a fair bit off half back flank this year before he injured his shoulder.

Missed a lot of footy in his TAC cup year and I get a sense that he would have been drafted a lot higher if played out the year.

With Lovell and JOR delisted, I hope to see Harry get some midfield time next year. Really hoping he could could be our next Brad Sewell.. here’s hoping

Not a lot has been said about this kid, but I gotta say I really rate this kid. From the little I have seen of him, he is as hard as a cats head and apparently has a massive tank. Was drafted as a mid fielder but played a fair bit off half back flank this year before he injured his shoulder.

Missed a lot of footy in his TAC cup year and I get a sense that he would have been drafted a lot higher if played out the year.

With Lovell and JOR delisted, I hope to see Harry get some midfield time next year. Really hoping he could could be our next Brad Sewell.. here’s hoping

Jones is my favorite player at Box Hill... and there is some tough competition for that title. I agree with all you say.

He is a bit underweight atm, but I think he has a broad body and will grow into a good playing size for AFL. How soon? Perhaps we need to wait until 2020... unfortunately.

He will be a fan favorite if he does make it. Potential Captain too.

Last edited:

Jones joins the Hawks
hawthornfc.com.au
Nov 27, 2017 5:16PM
Hawthorn has selected powerful midfielder Harrison Jones with its first selection in Monday night’s Rookie Draft.

The 183cm on-baller played for the Murray Bushrangers in this year’s TAC Cup competition, where he built a reputation as a capable midfielder who also has the ability to go forward and hit the scoreboard.

A fierce competitor with a strong appetite to win the contested ball inside the stoppage, Jones consistently accumulated large numbers of possessions throughout the season.

Jones also impressed at last month’s Draft Combine where he finished the standing and running vertical jump events fourth and sixth respectively.

For a kid who looks like a strong breeze will blow him over he attacks the ball ferociously with no regard for his own safety. He also has some real speed, as there was a period at BH where he’d be weaving out of 2-3 opposition players in the backline. Was growing accustomed to the role across halfback before a shoulder injury.

Very promising prospect for a rookie.

We ‘quietly’ re-signed him earlier in the year and finished his season early to get his shoulder (I think it was the shoulder) right.

You don’t do that unless you’re happy with what you’ve seen.
Future Captain?!

There is something about this kid that I like a lot.
I haven seen anywhere near enough to make a call but the way he moves & his awareness around a stoppage is something to get excited for.
Morrison story 2.0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only norm smith medallists to win the award in the same year, a week apart

I didn't know that.

The second medal feels a bit cheap for me. I would prefer to see no Norm Smith medal for the second game. I can't say exactly why. Perhaps, because it is a one and done award. If Pendlebury deserved it he should/would have won it a week earlier.

I didn't know that.

The second medal feels a bit cheap for me. I would prefer to see no Norm Smith medal for the second game. I can't say exactly why. Perhaps, because it is a one and done award. If Pendlebury deserved it he should/would have won it a week earlier.
No norm smith for the first makes a little more sense to me:)

I didn't know that.

I've often thought that Daisy if you looked at both grand finals together should have been in the conversation
People forget how good ghis finals series was and he was the most consistent player in both grand finals

I've often thought that Daisy if you looked at both grand finals together should have been in the conversation
People forget how good ghis finals series was and he was the most consistent player in both grand finals

Daisy definitely had a purple patch in his career. He was very close to the best player in the comp for half a season... as we all know.

But an aggregate Norm Smith over two games is completely absurd. :)

Sam Fisher was clearly Collingwood's best player in the 1st GF. The way he repeatedly picked out Nick Maxwell in the last quarter was uncanny...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back