Harry Kane

Remove this Banner Ad

Get stuffed he was a beast in Italy for 2-3 years before joining Liverpool. Everyone who watches Italian football knew he was going to bitch it for Liverpool, especially under Klopp. The only reason he wasn't banging in the goals for Roma like he is now was because Spalletti had him spoon-feeding Dzeko and even then he was scoring a goal every second game. This "one season wonder" bullshit is annoying considering he's already done it at every club he's played at bar Chelsea.
I was clearly taking the piss with that comment in particular, but I do think there were justifiable questions about whether he could do it in the PL given his time at Chelsea. It's not as if dominating at Basel and in Egypt means he's going to do it elsewhere either.

FWIW I think he's only second behind KDB this season, and been immense for LFC. It will be interesting to see if he can quite match the output of this season, which is freakish, but as a fan of a team with Kane who was continually questioned in this regard, it wouldn't surprise me. I dont actually think he's the Egyptian Michu ffs.

Come on Jod. Mane was much better last season. He has been a lot more selfish and less clinical this season. There have even been widespread calls for him to be dropped. Last season he set the PL alight and was named in the PFA TOTY. No one in their right mind would have him anywhere near the TOTY based on this season’s form. He has regressed. Don’t get me wrong, he’s still a very good player, but my point is that such good form is hard to replicate and it is what separates the men from the boys. I would just like to see Salah back it up once before we go making outrageous statements.

In the league Firmino has the same number as goals as Vardy and Lukaku and only three more than Wayne Rooney and Glenn Murray (whoever that is). He’s eleven behind the top scorer, Kane. He’s not exactly prolific. I’m sure he has beaten up on some no name sides in Europe or lower leagues sides in Cup games but his league goal scoring record is less than impressive for a striker who is supposedly the second best in the competition. Also, I am referring to his league record as it is a fair and consistent indicator as every team plays each other twice. For example, not everyone gets the pleasure of playing Porto in the round of 16 ;)

I also think you’re underselling Mahrez’s 15/16 season. He ended up with 17 goals and 11 assists in a side that sat back and would’ve created less than half the chances your mob does and with less the attacking talent around him. Remember, he was being fed by Danny Drinkwater, that bloke you’re shitting on in another thread. Credit where it’s due. Mahrez was electric when Leicester won the title.
I think you're reaching there with Mane. Nobody has called for him to be dropped. On a couple of occasions he has gone for goal instead of passing but on a whole, he hasnt been particularly selfish. He's probably down on his form from last season but he has exceeded his goals and assists so he is still contributing really well. It's just he has been very much overshadowed by Salah and Firmino so far this season. As for Salah, I guess only time will tell if he can back it up. I have a feeling he will be fine next season and beyond.

As for Firmino, he is equal 5th in the league for goals scored despite being a 10 playing as a false 9. He has 22 in 38 in all comps to go along with 9 assist as well. I never said he was the second best striker in the league all I'm saying is that he is having a cracking season. He has always had all the other stuff in his game, the tracking back, tackling, passing, vision, trickery, class but has never really had the goals to match. Now he's doing that too. He's a pretty special player.

Mahrez did have a great year that year and deserved POTY.

I think you're reaching there with Mane. Nobody has called for him to be dropped. On a couple of occasions he has gone for goal instead of passing but on a whole, he hasnt been particularly selfish. He's probably down on his form from last season but he has exceeded his goals and assists so he is still contributing really well. It's just he has been very much overshadowed by Salah and Firmino so far this season. As for Salah, I guess only time will tell if he can back it up. I have a feeling he will be fine next season and beyond.

As for Firmino, he is equal 5th in the league for goals scored despite being a 10 playing as a false 9. He has 22 in 38 in all comps to go along with 9 assist as well. I never said he was the second best striker in the league all I'm saying is that he is having a cracking season. He has always had all the other stuff in his game, the tracking back, tackling, passing, vision, trickery, class but has never really had the goals to match. Now he's doing that too. He's a pretty special player.

Mahrez did have a great year that year and deserved POTY.
Can’t disagree with much of what you’ve said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spurs really should be putting in funds and trying to win the league
weird season.
Performing woefully compared to last years CL. Yet the PL start has been great for results. But its a tired team out there.
The decision not to buy depth/cover will pinch at some point. Clearly not in the same league as City and Liverpool, who wisely invested after last seasons results.

Jan window will be critical.
And re-signing Eriksen. 70k p/w is a joke.

Kane you would think will easily break Spurs goal scoring records and possibly break Shearer's record if he sticks around. The only reason he wont crush these records is if he buggers off to Real or Barca or somewhere.

Real Madrid could really use him. Surprised they havent gone after him.

Then there were two.

Be interesting to see if the Spurs dont win anything the next couple of seasons if he chases trophies elsewhere or is happy to stay at Spurs.

Very pointed.

Might be a secondary reason for the change in coach.
Get someone in who can win silverware to keep the star player at the club.

FA Cup please.

Trophies aren't important mate. All about top 4 don't you know.

Then there were two.

Very pointed.

Might be a secondary reason for the change in coach.
Get someone in who can win silverware to keep the star player at the club.

FA Cup please.

Only trophies that matter to the big clubs are the league and champions league. Do you think an FA or league cup would satisfy someone like Harry Kane if they were finishing outside the top 4 every year? I’d say the only reason he’s stayed this long is because they’re consistently finishing top 4.

Trophies aren’t the be all and end all for clubs. It’s not what football is all about, as much as some may say it is.

Otherwise 99% of clubs in Europe would have no fans. Minuscule % of clubs win trophies each season.

That said, we’re at a squad stature and ability point where a trophy or 3 are needed and our star expects it. Nailed on Jose will go hard at this years FA Cup and Europe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back