Draft Profile Harry McKay and Ben McKay

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon McKay will end up a better player than Curnow. More athletic, better field kick and a better set shot.

In time I'm hoping we use Curnow as a taller winger ala Richardson and Riewoldt later in their careers.

Ben on the other hand, very underwhlming in a poor, leaky defence like the Roos have
Lol - didn’t you tag me into a post saying to wait at least 5 years before judging talls??

Francis gets every excuse under the sun for his terrible start to his career yet you want to pot this kid.

leaving out the dick measuring, is ben tracking ok? - north's main backs are pretty good but getting on, so he should take tarrant or thompsons spot in the next 18 months right?

Daw looked great last season and i thought ben might have used the opportunity but i never know if it's the players or ol' scotty not giving him a go.

We should bring him back v the Tigers.

McKay v Balta - battle of the super fizz!!
LOL your comparison is rubbish , Balta is 19 year old in his 2nd year and McKay in his 4th year, Even taking that into consideration
Balta has managed to play 5 games in a top team where McKay is struggling to get a decent run in the VFL and only managed 4 games at north even though they are a bottom team struggling for talent.

But continue your excuses

LOL your comparison is rubbish , Balta is 19 year old in his 2nd year and McKay in his 4th year, Even taking that into consideration
Balta has managed to play 5 games in a top team where McKay is struggling to get a decent run in the VFL and only managed 4 games at north even though they are a bottom team struggling for talent.

But continue your excuses
hahaha classic GUN!!!! The obsession with North continues. Still losing sleep over the boys at Arden Street!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hahaha classic GUN!!!! The obsession with North continues. Still losing sleep over the boys at Arden Street!
Yeah im taunted by seeing Dusty in a North jumper, But this thread is about Ben McKay and how his development has been compared to his twin Harry who is looking like a genuine GUN and being twins and of similar talent prior to being drafted one must question the development at North and his best possible options going foward.

Not sure of his contract situation but Ben needs to consider his options and whats best for the remainder of his career , Surely he would be better off moving so he can atleast have a reasonable chance to have a career

Yeah im taunted by seeing Dusty in a North jumper, But this thread is about Ben McKay and how his development has been compared to his twin Harry who is looking like a genuine GUN and being twins and of similar talent prior to being drafted one must question the development at North and his best possible options going foward.

Not sure of his contract situation but Ben needs to consider his options and whats best for the remainder of his career , Surely he would be better off moving so he can atleast have a reasonable chance to have a career

lol - twins must track at the exactly same rate - you know - because they're twins!!

I really enjoy reading your posts.

Haha still on the dusty trade. I love it!!! The seed of the obsession.

Haha still on the dusty trade. I love it!!! The seed of the obsession.
Yeah dusty leaving has really scarred all us richmond supporters , Back on the Ben Mcakay thing though

why would you think that in his 4th season he has not managed to get games and looking far from it at VFL level whilst his twin is looking like the next Buddy franklin ? Why has North not been able to develop their players when the kids have come to the club being top rated talent Jye Simpkin and
LDU is another that has fallen way behind his peers and was considered the most ready prior to being drafted

lol - twins must track at the exactly same rate - you know - because they're twins!!

I really enjoy reading your posts.
Well they were tracking almost exactly the same and both players were round 1 selections (when you take out the academy selections)

Similar to the King Twins , So yes Twins are similar both in appearance and in talent the only difference has been the clubs they have been drafted by and the development of these clubs.

Well they were tracking almost exactly the same and both players were round 1 selections (when you take out the academy selections)

Similar to the King Twins , So yes Twins are similar both in appearance and in talent the only difference has been the clubs they have been drafted by and the development of these clubs.
Yeah you're spot on once again - pick 10 & 21 are nearly exactly the same.

Actually when you take out a bunch of numbers and basic logic it is exactly the same as the King twins going 4 & 6.

Yeah you're spot on once again - pick 10 & 21 are nearly exactly the same.

Actually when you take out a bunch of numbers and basic logic it is exactly the same as the King twins going 4 & 6.
Actually they are 8 live picks apart as there was 3 academy selections between the 2 players but thats besides the point as the teams between would of looked at their needs and a KPP might not have been a priority. But maybe get back on topic and answer why you believe Ben's developing badly and looks like a Bust when his twin of similar talent through out juniors is looking like a special player.

Durdin , McKay,Simpkin , LDU all these boys were drafted with elite range talent yet just about all could be busts, As a north supporter you must be concerned

Actually they are 8 live picks apart as there was 3 academy selections between the 2 players but thats besides the point as the teams between would of looked at their needs and a KPP might not have been a priority. But maybe get back on topic and answer why you believe Ben's developing badly and looks like a Bust when his twin of similar talent through out juniors is looking like a special player.

Durdin , McKay,Simpkin , LDU all these boys were drafted with elite range talent yet just about all could be busts, As a north supporter you must be concerned

Elite talent range like Callum Coleman Jones, Corey Eliis, Ben Lennon etc? As a Tiger supporter you must be concerned - especially after losing the un-loseable flag last year.

Elite talent range like Callum Coleman Jones, Corey Eliis, Ben Lennon etc? As a Tiger supporter you must be concerned - especially after losing the un-loseable flag last year.

Now if you want to derail this thread then continue, Im commenting on Ben Mckay perhaps stick to the topic

But lets just go through the names you have mentioned
Coleman Jones - 2nd years ruckman doing exceptionally well and most VFL watchers are talking about how good this kid currently is , Maybe choose your target next time

Ben Lennon - Worst player recruited to Richmond in a long while, You just need to ask any Richmond supporter on this board or go through my posts about lennon from the day he was drafted to get an idea about my opinion on him.

Corey Ellis - Another bad choice but still seen as an option for GC to take a chance but hardly a good player

Now i could name many that are later picks to answer your question about Richmonds development but the fruit is in the pudding with our current and premiership team having so many late picks and rookie picks that have been developed properly.

Now how about rather than ask Richmond questions on the Ben Mckay thread you answer the question about his development and why he has not been able to get anywhere near the expected level which his brother (twin) with similar traits has ??

Now if you want to derail this thread then continue, Im commenting on Ben Mckay perhaps stick to the topic

But lets just go through the names you have mentioned
Coleman Jones - 2nd years ruckman doing exceptionally well and most VFL watchers are talking about how good this kid currently is , Maybe choose your target next time

Ben Lennon - Worst player recruited to Richmond in a long while, You just need to ask any Richmond supporter on this board or go through my posts about lennon from the day he was drafted to get an idea about my opinion on him.

Corey Ellis - Another bad choice but still seen as an option for GC to take a chance but hardly a good player

Now i could name many that are later picks to answer your question about Richmonds development but the fruit is in the pudding with our current and premiership team having so many late picks and rookie picks that have been developed properly.

Now how about rather than ask Richmond questions on the Ben Mckay thread you answer the question about his development and why he has not been able to get anywhere near the expected level which his brother (twin) with similar traits has ??
It’s a mystery that only a twin or maybe a triplet with similar traits could answer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back