AFL Club
Carlton
You can have Ben Brown

And so it has transpired.

Flogstradamus moment.

Jul 22, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Clearly needed to be pointed given that someone thinks that a team wants McGovern.

Without changing coach or list manager a team that won three Grand Finals this decade has since taken Tyrone Vickery and Tom Scully. And then doubled down on the Vickery debacle by "poaching" the fourth best tall forward from a Club that had just kicked one of the lowest GF scores in history.

If Harry nominated for the draft next year North would take him with their first.
Given they overlooked McDonald this year in favour of Phillips, and the relative strength of next years draft, I find that hard to believe. I think they’re pretty happy with their tall stocks overall. There are teams who would give up that much for McKay, but I don’t think North is one of them tbh.

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Given they overlooked McDonald this year in favour of Phillips, and the relative strength of next years draft, I find that hard to believe. I think they’re pretty happy with their tall stocks overall. There are teams who would give up that much for McKay, but I don’t think North is one of them tbh.

I think North will chase a 22-26 year old tall next year, which for them makes far more sense than developing one themselves. They’re closer to the end of the rebuild than the start and already have done some hard work with Larkey. Simpkin, LDU, Stephenson, Thomas, Taylor etc. now moving into their 3rd/4th/5th seasons.

The time for a tall kid was 3 years ago. Could be that long before McDonald has a consistent impact, if he ever does.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon

Clearly planning for McKay to come across for their future first with a second going back at the end of this season!

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I expect north to try to target Harry to join Ben

but if we finish bottom 4 again a top 4 pick seems a hefty price to pay for an out of contract forward
I think North's chances of luring Harry couldn't be too great if they were to finish bottom 4, especially if Carlton made finals. Trade price would be far less a concern than actually convincing him to request a trade in the first place

Triniboy

All Australian
Sep 26, 2011
Caribbean
AFL Club
Carlton
- Dees are keen and cashed up and are prepared to offer a big $$$ and years contract for the young Carlton key forward. Blues surplus of forwards and recent splurge on imported talent have made them vulnerable to a raid. Martin and Williams alone will take up $2mil of their cap in 2021.

- One of Brayshaw or Viney will be put on the table as a makeweight in the deal.

- Make of it what you will but you heard it here first. The Dees see McKay as the last piece of the puzzle in a sustained presence in the top eight and a genuine premiership tilt.
the missing piece is a good coach.

I think North's chances of luring Harry couldn't be too great if they were to finish bottom 4, especially if Carlton made finals. Trade price would be far less a concern than actually convincing him to request a trade in the first place
even then we’d still be giving him 2 selling points
1) to play with his brother for the next decade
2) more money

Feb 6, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
even then we’d still be giving him 2 selling points
1) to play with his brother for the next decade
2) more money

Speaking of, have you extended Ben yet? More than a few of us Carlton posters have expressed an interest. Reckon he'd be easier to convince to come across than Harry to North.

Pair up well with Weitering he would.

Back