Recommitted Harry McKay [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Tracking very well for a 19yo 200cm+ KPF, we will definitely see him in the 2nd half of the season.
Our VFL team has won 5 in a row, more then happy for him to spend the majority of this year developing in a strong VFL side.

No, Do you frequent this board much? This thread has far more revelance than the majority around here, all uncontracted players are fair discussion.
Seems more like a bitter attempt at revenge over threads started about young GWS players who are competing with guys who are established best 22 and still have a decade of good footy in them.

I seriously doubt McKay would have any intention of moving. He's still young, developing nicely and will slot in nicely in the Carlton forward line in a year or two. It's not as if he has Cameron, Patton and Lobb to compete with for a spot after all...

Seems more like a bitter attempt at revenge over threads started about young GWS players who are competing with guys who are established best 22 and still have a decade of good footy in them.

I seriously doubt McKay would have any intention of moving. He's still young, developing nicely and will slot in nicely in the Carlton forward line in a year or two. It's not as if he has Cameron, Patton and Lobb to compete with for a spot after all...

I had look on the Blues board and the overwhelming consensus is they are overloadded with KPP players and with a highly rated 16yo Silvagni to come in, everybody in workplaces knows family comes first.

Obvious troll thread by a known Carlton hater.

Is he? Maybe, but I wouldn't dismiss the notion altogether.
Harry comes across as highly strung to me and wants to be part of the action to which he's not seeing much of, be it right or wrong.
Everything I've seen of him, suggests he'll be a dominant force but only if he fills out his body, which has grown over the past 12 months.

Would love to see him signed up, but until he is........I wouldn't be sure of him remaining in the way I would SPS, CCurnow or Cuningham.

I had look on the Blues board and the overwhelming consensus is they are overloadded with KPP players and with a highly rated 16yo Silvagni to come in, everybody in workplaces knows family comes first.
I didn't realise that you could draft 16 year olds these days. McKay must be shaking in his boots at the prospect of competing with him.

No suggestion of the club moving him on, if you are a regular reader of BigFooty you would know by now that 1st or 2nd year players not getting regular games are all up for grabs. Im suggesting he would be better off somewhere he could get a regular game and a club like Collingwood should be all over him. Surely the same logic is applied to players of all clubs not just a few.

You sir, are off with the pixies.

Actually he is bang on. Especially so when they remain unsigned.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I hear you but this chap is so raw and new that is was important for him to spend some time in the gym and in the seconds developing his body & skills.

If he was physically ready to withstand the rigours of senior footy, he would of been given a game by now. Don't forget, he missed a large portion of last season with stress fractures in the back so I'm sure the club is very wary of rushing him this year.

He is a very valuable piece of our rebuild so we aren't going to risk anything happening to him to appease some online opinions.

I hear you but this chap is so raw and new that is was important for him to spend some time in the gym and in the seconds developing his body & skills.

If he was physically ready to withstand the rigours of senior footy, he would of been given a game by now. Don't forget, he missed a large portion of last season with stress fractures in the back so I'm sure the club is very wary of rushing him this year.

He is a very valuable piece of our rebuild so we aren't going to risk anything happening to him to appease some online opinions.
I agree.

But have been told numerous times that im wrong and that they need their opportunity straight away, that and being unsigned by now means they want out.

So im finally accepting the bf logic and going with it.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

The Carlton board may have that thought process but they are not at all correct, it is something that I have argued about in the past. We have a number of tweenie sized forwards with Casboult & McKay being the only 'monster' forwards.

And the best part about all this is that you are basing your flimsy argument on the opinion of some online fans. Whilst they will always be more passionate & knowledgeable about their club than you will ever be, it doesn't mean they are a 100% accurate source of information.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if leaving for opportunity is worth it as he'd be most likely to get a game at Carlton over any other club. With Rowe going down a re shuffle of our talks may see him in the side sooner rather than later.

For coin, well anything over probably 350k would be stupid money too offer him, and anything under we go close to matching.

Can't see him leaving just yet, will be nice to see him in 2018 with the likes of Hopper and Kennedy delivering it to him :thumbsu:

Is he? Maybe, but I wouldn't dismiss the notion altogether.
Harry comes across as highly strung to me and wants to be part of the action to which he's not seeing much of, be it right or wrong.
Everything I've seen of him, suggests he'll be a dominant force but only if he fills out his body, which has grown over the past 12 months.

Would love to see him signed up, but until he is........I wouldn't be sure of him remaining in the way I would SPS, CCurnow or Cuningham.
He would have to be a much bigger priority than Cuningham (though Cuningham wouldn't attract the same interest from other clubs). He was always going to be someone that would take a lot of development, I'm sure he would see plenty of opportunity at Carlton.

He would have to be a much bigger priority than Cuningham (though Cuningham wouldn't attract the same interest from other clubs). He was always going to be someone that would take a lot of development, I'm sure he would see plenty of opportunity at Carlton.

He should.......I just wondering whether he does.
Charlie and SPS will be signed up on longer contracts soon......Harry?

This really is quite funny. There is a serious question in it all though.

What would he be worth? Pick 20 to 25? That would probably get it done

With Rowe injured maybe Weitering goes back more and McKay can have a crack. Although no point playing him if not ready. 200 players can take time. Also missed a large chunk of last year. I'd be giving him time. Also doubt he'd be running out the door. No certainty of games elsewhere.

The last paragraph is really uncalled for, surely you have seen the Tim Taranto thread? I bet you must of been enraged to see such threads in existence on here with the amount of chest beating displayed here.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the Taranto thread wasn't started up because the OP is fed up that their players are talked about as trade targets ad nauseum.

That's very clearly what's happened here. You don't have any actual interest in Harry McKay; you've just had a tantrum that a Carlton supporter started a thread about GWS players.

Maybe the D&T board isn't for you, because that's been going on for a few years now and given the quality of your list it'll likely happen for a few more years to come.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back