Recommitted Harry McKay [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the Taranto thread wasn't started up because the OP is fed up that their players are talked about as trade targets ad nauseum.

That's very clearly what's happened here. You don't have any actual interest in Harry McKay; you've just had a tantrum that a Carlton supporter started a thread about GWS players.

Maybe the D&T board isn't for you, because that's been going on for a few years now and given the quality of your list it'll likely happen for a few more years to come.
If a players OOC, then it's open slather on the D&T Board. You should know that from all of the players Carlton have pinched from other clubs.

Has as much chance of leaving this year as Hopper and Taranto, mainly because he hasn't shown anything and I don't think another club would be interested. If he was on the market, maybe a pick in the 50's? Or late 40's with something coming back the other way. Watching him at under 18 level, I thought he was an outside chance to be picked in the top 60 let alone in the top 10. He reminded me a lo of Mason Shaw. Tall, skinny but no stand out feature. And unlike Jack Riewoldt who looked similar, he's not a great mark or a supreme judge of ball-flight like Jack was.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the Taranto thread wasn't started up because the OP is fed up that their players are talked about as trade targets ad nauseum.

That's very clearly what's happened here. You don't have any actual interest in Harry McKay; you've just had a tantrum that a Carlton supporter started a thread about GWS players.

Maybe the D&T board isn't for you, because that's been going on for a few years now and given the quality of your list it'll likely happen for a few more years to come.

Suyrely players out of contract and not getting a game are a far more relevant discussion point than a player under contract and best 22 and no indication at all he is looking to leave?

Your definition of a tantrum is certainly different to mine....

The news is Caz is going to test himself in as a Free agent.

Caz is a good player - wish him all the best. Will suit Collingwood to protect Moore or Brisbane to protect Schache he's that sort of player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has as much chance of leaving this year as Hopper and Taranto, mainly because he hasn't shown anything and I don't think another club would be interested. If he was on the market, maybe a pick in the 50's? Or late 40's with something coming back the other way. Watching him at under 18 level, I thought he was an outside chance to be picked in the top 60 let alone in the top 10. He reminded me a lo of Mason Shaw. Tall, skinny but no stand out feature. And unlike Jack Riewoldt who looked similar, he's not a great mark or a supreme judge of ball-flight like Jack was.
You sir are a genius visionary. Not rated outside the top 20 in any official or big footy phantom draft and rated within the top 10 in many but you saw him outside the top 60. 202cm tracking nicely. May or may not make it like all tall forwards but is particularly mobile. Considering the rest of the 2015 draft saw us recruit Weitering, Charlie Curnow, Cuninham and Silvagni who are all tracking nicely we should ask questions of our recruiters who selected someone so early that you rated outside the top 60.

You sir are a genius visionary. Not rated outside the top 20 in any official or big footy phantom draft and rated within the top 10 in many but you saw him outside the top 60. 202cm tracking nicely. May or may not make it like all tall forwards but is particularly mobile. Considering the rest of the 2015 draft saw us recruit Weitering, Charlie Curnow, Cuninham and Silvagni who are all tracking nicely we should ask questions of our recruiters who selected someone so early that you rated outside the top 60.

Quoting big footy probably isn't the best source to back up an argument. In any case, I didn't like what I saw and didn't see any tools to project a top-20 calibre player in the draft. time will tell, I hope I'm wrong as he seems to be a really good guy and Carlton could really benefit from him growing into a good player

McKay is a smooth moving classy left footer. Won't take any big hangers and kick plenty of goals(maybe in 3-4 years) but contesting at CHF with his mobility and creating goals, he is all that. He is 202cm 100kg 19 year old.

Given he has 8 years service and was originally touted this year as a RFA, now he's listed as a UFA wouldn't that mean he's outside the top 25%.

Not sure on the mechanics but he was top 25% start of the year... don't know what he is getting paid

Not sure on the mechanics but he was top 25% start of the year... don't know what he is getting paid

How do you know that? Where was it mentioned he was top 25%. .
It seems odd that they amended his FA status.
Maybe they had to front end his contract to meet tpp seeing as Carlton had a very young list, then this year his contract dropped? If so, his contract might average out to a more modest amount. Only guessing of course.

But I'm curious to know what his actual value would be (to stay and to potential suitors)

How do you know that? Where was it mentioned he was top 25%. .
It seems odd that they amended his FA status.
Maybe they had to front end his contract to meet tpp seeing as Carlton had a very young list, then this year his contract dropped? If so, his contract might average out to a more modest amount. Only guessing of course.

But I'm curious to know what his actual value would be (to stay and to potential suitors)

Using SOS's measure.

To stay: Maybe 400K
To others: Maybe 550 - 600K

Happy Harry has signed on as I was a little concerned that out of all the recent draftees, he may be the one to look elsewhere.
Glad he hasn't but now has to start putting four quarters together. Plenty of time for a 203cm KPF.

he is top 25% paid at the club so that puts him $400-500k

f5afae90208b6a0433418cc5426a2896

Carlton's Levi Casboult misses from directly in front. Picture : George SalpigtidisSource: News Corp Australia
AFL

Carlton forward Levi Casboult has re-signed with the Blues until the end of the 2017 season

• August 29, 2016
CARLTON forward Levi Casboult has re-signed with the club - just not at the asking price he was after.
Foxfooty.com.au understands the 26-year-old’s management approached the club recently asking for a three-year deal at $500K per season.

Sources confirmed the offer that came back was substantially less than that, believed to be around the $280K-300K mark.

Casboult — faced with the reality that the Blues would not budge on their offer — eventually decided to put pen to paper on a deal that will see him remain at the club until at least the end of 2017.

The Dandenong Stingrays product booted 18 goals from 20 matches this season and took the seventh most contested marks in the AFL.
His future has been a talking point for some time, largely due to his erratic kicking.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/car...n/news-story/078c1fbf91c12d0227943b29334916be

It looks like Casboult wasn't anywhere near the top 25% hence his UFA status.
Going by that write up, he was earning $280-$300k p.a.
No wonder he's exploring his options

I wonder what he'll be looking at now. He'll be 28 when 2018 season starts, contract at maybe 3 years at $550k minimum.

f5afae90208b6a0433418cc5426a2896

Carlton's Levi Casboult misses from directly in front. Picture : George SalpigtidisSource: News Corp Australia
AFL

Carlton forward Levi Casboult has re-signed with the Blues until the end of the 2017 season

• August 29, 2016
CARLTON forward Levi Casboult has re-signed with the club - just not at the asking price he was after.
Foxfooty.com.au understands the 26-year-old’s management approached the club recently asking for a three-year deal at $500K per season.

Sources confirmed the offer that came back was substantially less than that, believed to be around the $280K-300K mark.

Casboult — faced with the reality that the Blues would not budge on their offer — eventually decided to put pen to paper on a deal that will see him remain at the club until at least the end of 2017.

The Dandenong Stingrays product booted 18 goals from 20 matches this season and took the seventh most contested marks in the AFL.
His future has been a talking point for some time, largely due to his erratic kicking.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/car...n/news-story/078c1fbf91c12d0227943b29334916be

It looks like Casboult wasn't anywhere near the top 25% hence his UFA status.
Going by that write up, he was earning $280-$300k p.a.
No wonder he's exploring his options

I wonder what he'll be looking at now. He'll be 28 when 2018 season starts, contract at maybe 3 years at $550k minimum.
Yeah he's unrestricted so definitely not in the top 25%. Stocks will have risen substantially this year. Would be of interest to Richmond (replaces Griffiths/Elton), Collingwood (replaces Cox/White) Eagles (Petrie) Freo and Brisbane. In all cases it would be an upgrade without having to use a draft pick. WE will make a reasonable offer but there is every chance that we may be outbid in terms of length of contract in particular. We would be trying to set it up so that we would be getting band 3 at a minimum in return - currently pick 21. He is currently on track for around a 40 goal season ans is averaging 8 hitouts a week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back