Recommitted Harry McKay [re-signed to 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

No - they are the ones I’m glad we missed.

14 years since you landed a big fish - plenty of misses for the Blues as well. Hopefully it’s part of your review.

Tbh, I would honestly prefer Carlton not to net a big fish (as you say) and develop from within (like we have with Harry)

I take a lot more pride and enjoyment watching Sam Walsh develop before us than Judd running around in Navy Blue.

Tbh, I would honestly prefer Carlton not to net a big fish (as you say) and develop from within (like we have with Harry)

I take a lot more pride and enjoyment watching Sam Walsh develop before us than Judd running around in Navy Blue.
Well hopefully the McKay’s become the next Carey v Jackovic and play lots of finals against each other.

Well hopefully the McKay’s become the next Carey v Jackovic and play lots of finals against each other.

One gets injured every time they have to meet. Still not convinced there really is twins.

No - they are the ones I’m glad we missed.

14 years since you landed a big fish - plenty of misses for the Blues as well. Hopefully it’s part of your review.
Exactly, what about the others you missed you didn't bother to mention?

If we are only classing Judd as a get, there has only been 2 gets since then in GAJ to GC and Franklin to Sydney

He's joking, the quoted poster made a fool of himself in the Ben McKay thread by claiming a 2 year deal was bad for the Roos.

2 years for Harry and the Blues is the best outcome for both, well done by Carlton to get the deal done despite North and Essendon throwing the cheque book at him.

How so ?

Are you seriously saying you prefer Ben sign a 2 year deal rather than 5+ years ?

The same thing goes for Richmond & Shai Bolton
Do i want him to sign for 2 years ? Or 5 of course its 5 years clearly you rather have this charade every 2 years lol

How so ?

Are you seriously saying you prefer Ben sign a 2 year deal rather than 5+ years ?

The same thing goes for Richmond & Shai Bolton
Do i want him to sign for 2 years ? Or 5 of course its 5 years clearly you rather have this charade every 2 years lol

A 2 year deal is GOOD. It takes Harry to RFA, where he can re-negotiate with Carlton or take the best offer out there. It also guarantees Carlton get at a minimum 1st round compensation if he does leave.

5 year deals are risky, Carlton would know this more than anyone after paying Curnow 800k for 4 years while he's been injured.

You said in the BMac thread that the 2 year deal is terrible and indicates he doesn't have confidence in the team. That's not the case for BMac or HMac. It is just the best option for the player and a good option for the team.

Maybe we will also add him to the list of massive bullets dodged DeGoey, McGoven, Williams etc.

Sometimes when you lose - you win.

A 2 year deal is GOOD. It takes Harry to RFA, where he can re-negotiate with Carlton or take the best offer out there. It also guarantees Carlton get at a minimum 1st round compensation if he does leave.

5 year deals are risky, Carlton would know this more than anyone after paying Curnow 800k for 4 years while he's been injured.

You said in the BMac thread that the 2 year deal is terrible and indicates he doesn't have confidence in the team. That's not the case for BMac or HMac. It is just the best option for the player and a good option for the team.

Wow just Wow

So a 2 year deal for 1 of the best if not the best KPF that probably will win the coleman medal is better than a 5 year deal securing him until 28/29 when he will most likely become a 1 club player for life is somehow better !!

North must have been cray offering Dusty & Kelly 7 years and Degoey/Gaff 5 years
after all by your logic they could have been injured.

Now i have heard it all

" When Kelly was weighing up his future in 2017, North Melbourne offered him a staggering nine-year deal worth more than $10 million "
Multiple sources have reported the size of North Melbourne’s offer to be even larger, at around the $1.5 million a season mark over the same duration of time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That really isn't the Carlton way. Nice to see your supporters modernising.

Wow just Wow

So a 2 year deal for 1 of the best if not the best KPF that probably will win the coleman medal is better than a 5 year deal securing him until 28/29 when he will most likely become a 1 club player for life is somehow better !!

North must have been cray offering Dusty & Kelly 7 years and Degoey/Gaff 5 years
after all by your logic they could have been injured.

Now i have heard it all

" When Kelly was weighing up his future in 2017, North Melbourne offered him a staggering nine-year deal worth more than $10 million "
Multiple sources have reported the size of North Melbourne’s offer to be even larger, at around the $1.5 million a season mark over the same duration of time.
Where have you been?

So I’m trying to decipher your message.

Are you saying - like in the Ben McKay thread - that the Blues supporters should be disappointed that Harry signed on for 2 more years?

That this is “terrible news” for Carlton?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back