Recommitted Harry McKay [re-signed to 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

If North finish last then they need to get the balls to offer 1.2m a season for Harry and simply blow Carlton's deal out of the water.

Front end it massively (because surely no one else would be on big dollars at the roos) and march him to the PSD.

Rebuilds can be turned around quickly. Charlie Cameron for instance requested a trade to the team on the bottom of the ladder (2017) from a team that just won the minor premiership. It worked out well for him.

What north really need is a group of 4-5 tough role players that can be obtained on the cheap (like Mitch Robinson to Bris style trade). Instead of a bunch of outside receivers like Polec, Hall, pittard etc who never really had the inside distributors to succeed.

Mckay would be the perfect addition to that forward line letting Larkey take the 2nd defender.
yep thats what most of us at north are hoping we do

I don’t reckon. Well not anytime soon at St Kilda. Whose to say he won’t leave us and go up to the Gold Coast if they offer him huge coin.

I think a lot of saints fans think it’s a matter of when he will come, not if he may come.

Gold Coast did mention something along those lines re: Max up north vs Ben going back to VIC.

For the good of the comp, hopefully GCFC can keep hold of their players from being raided, especially the recent top draft picks.

100% staying at Carlton. Clearly his manager would be advising not for Harry to sign now in his current form, but he loves the club and this teammates.

Cannot blame North, Collingwood or any other team crying our for a KPF to have a crack, but Harry is going to be a Bluebagger for life..

You may think we may not be able to match other offers under the Salary Cap (most likely true) but we have a thing called sponsors/high end of town coterie members who can set him up for life after his footy career ends at Carlton.

Expect him to re-commit to the Blues around the halfway Mark of the season.

I don’t reckon. Well not anytime soon at St Kilda. Whose to say he won’t leave us and go up to the Gold Coast if they offer him huge coin.

I think a lot of saints fans think it’s a matter of when he will come, not if he may come.

Ben King will not leave the Suns before unrestricted free agency (if then). Very settled and loves it. Max won’t leave Melbourne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick#8 for Saad...would like to see the negotiations if this eventuated in reverse. What was a banged up Joey worth for Dodo, 1 x top 5 + 1 x to 10 pick?

M.Lloyd had mentioned their interest previously but H had turned them down.
PSD :p

He won't leave. Anything we can offer him, the Blues can.
So why leave the system.

He'd be nice, but we have more pressing issues.

Rowell would look great in Navy Blue

So does Harry McKay.

Rowell is a gun, but athletic key forward's are rare as hens teeth and Rowell has just had his second major injury in 12 months. We'd be dumb to entertain a trade, but unless Harry's hellbent on leaving or we have a campaigner of a year I can't see him going anywhere.

Last edited:
So does Harry McKay.

Rowell is a gun, but athletic key forward's are rare as hens teeth and Rowell has just had his second major injury in 12 months. We'd be dumb to entertain a trade, but unless Harry's hellbent on leaving or we have a campaigner of a year I can't see him going anywhere.

I wouldn't do it either and personally can not see him leaving..

But if the offer was true and McKay wanted to go, Rowell would be the player id require to do the trade
If that was the case and Harry did want to leave there is no way GC let Rowell go for Harry
It would either be draft picks something like a early 1st and maybe a 2nd thrown into the deal.

But Harry McKay wont leave but im thinking he will be earning a significant pay increase $850+ Imo

Should kick another bag against the Suns, I can't imagine him leaving tbh, especially if we pony up 800k plus.

Few clubs very interested in big H, we are going to have a tough job to keep him.

Essendon are trying again, North, Hawks and the Pies are very keen.

Few clubs very interested in big H, we are going to have a tough job to keep him.

Essendon are trying again, North, Hawks and the Pies are very keen.
He is your most important signing, yes, even more than Cripps IMO.

He is your most important signing, yes, even more than Cripps IMO.

Will be done within the next 8 weeks or so.

All of a matter of doing a deal that can satisfy Harry (whose value has never been higher) and his management, and how we as a footy club can accommodate their terms under our cap.

It seems likely that it will be a 5 year deal when Harry re-signs with us..

Will be done within the next 8 weeks or so.

All of a matter of doing a deal that can satisfy Harry (whose value has never been higher) and his management, and how we as a footy club can accommodate their terms under our cap.

It seems likely that it will be a 5 year deal when Harry re-signs with us..

Is this your vibe or based on something more?

Is this your vibe or based on something more?

Bit of both really. Harry is very happy at Carlton, ditto Petracca at Melbourne, but often it takes weeks if not months for club's and players and their management can agree to a new deal.

There is no risk or fear of Harry leaving Carlron, the club has started negotiations on his new contract now, it will cost us a bit, but at a deal will be done sooner rather than later.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back