Speculation Harry McKay

Remove this Banner Ad

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Heard it from the same guy who told me Suns were getting Ellis, the suns have tabled a monster offer to Mckay with potential captaincy in the range of $7-7.5 Million over 6 years. AFL is also extremely keen for it to go ahead in the hope that the rest of the suns players get around the team.

Would be massive if it happens, but think he stays at the blues.
Very smart move by GC.

Harry and king very nice bookends or key forwards with a ridiculous midfield + Lukosius..

Last edited:

BlueBalls#17

Rookie
Nov 24, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
All this talk of Harry to North is nothing more than a headline, both the boys always stated they wanted to play for different teams and go on there own paths. Surely there's a link somewhere of them both saying that.
Though that GC offer would be hard for anyone to turn down.
As much as we'd all like loyalty to play a part it is a business after all.
Still tipping he stays with his mates on good coin at the blues... completley bias though.

Shinboner1

Club Legend
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As a north fan I'd be happy to offer 1.2-3mil for Harry with the insane warchest we have this year.
Front load the sh*t out of the contract to the point that we're only paying him in the ranges of 700k in the following years and it doesn't seem unreasonable.
We're going to struggle to pay the required 95% cap this year anyway.

Could Harry really say no to a quick 2-2.5mil in his bank account the day after the trade period ends?

Harris 10

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 8, 2004
hgfhkagk
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The panel on FC all agreed that McKay shouldn't get payed more than Crippa.

He's going to get bigger offers from rival clubs going to be interesting how Blues handle this McKay might have to take less to stay imo
Out of interst how many club captains would be the highest paid players at their clubs?

Fyfe, Bont and Gawn, any others?

So i don't really understand why Cripps has to be paid more.

Shinboner1

Club Legend
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The panel on FC all agreed that McKay shouldn't get payed more than Crippa.

He's going to get bigger offers from rival clubs going to be interesting how Blues handle this McKay might have to take less to stay imo
Elite tall forwards are worth a lot more to a club than above average midfielders.
They probably still think think cripps is the same player he was in 2018.

Shinboner1

Club Legend
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He is only 26 it's very possible.

That said you wonder how much fuel is left in the tank after such a crash and bash style
He's on his last legs and needs to go to a side with an established midfield that wont require him to carry every week to be successful.
Players can obviously rebuild themselves and their career but I think cripps needs a change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
They offered up the cash to poach Saad, McGovern (although the Crows would have loved that), Jack Martin, Williams from other clubs and you feel sorry for them?
Feel sorry for them in that I feel their pain having it happen to us so many times.
Its one of the frustrations as a supporter. You draft them, you get excited to see them develop, they start to hit their straps in a position you need them in and a team comes along and offers more than you can.

HavUEvaSeenTheRain

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
They offered up the cash to poach Saad, McGovern (although the Crows would have loved that), Jack Martin, Williams from other clubs and you feel sorry for them?
McGovern got dogged by Adelaide in his contract, that played a big part. The dogs offered more for Martin and Saad was offered the same by Essendon. Williams was all about money.

ATM he is going to cost probably ~$200k more then expected. It’s unfortunate but not that big of a deal.

The 747

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Feel sorry for them in that I feel their pain having it happen to us so many times.
Its one of the frustrations as a supporter. You draft them, you get excited to see them develop, they start to hit their straps in a position you need them in and a team comes along and offers more than you can.
Fair enough then

The 747

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
As a north fan I'd be happy to offer 1.2-3mil for Harry with the insane warchest we have this year.
Front load the sh*t out of the contract to the point that we're only paying him in the ranges of 700k in the following years and it doesn't seem unreasonable.
We're going to struggle to pay the required 95% cap this year anyway.

Could Harry really say no to a quick 2-2.5mil in his bank account the day after the trade period ends?
If I were Harry I would be taking that offer.

Malifice

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
If I were Harry I would be taking that offer.
1.3 million is insane. I'd be taking it too, and he could go with my blessing.

Our offer will be something like 750 on 2 years to take him up to 8 years F/A.

Uncontracted so we'd have to accept a 1st and a reasonable player.

The 747

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
1.3 million is insane. I'd be taking it too, and he could go with my blessing.

Our offer will be something like 750 on 2 years to take him up to 8 years F/A.

Uncontracted so we'd have to accept a 1st and a reasonable player.
Playing devil's advocate here, is there anything to stop North saying we will give you 1 million bucks to come, but we will give you 1.3 million to come via the PSD?

TENACIOUS

All Australian
Aug 16, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Believe both will stay on reasonable contracts..
We also haven't lost a required player for years..

If Harry or Cripps threaten to leave because we wont pay them $1m+

Then I'd let them go, no player is worth $1m+ on potential, and no player is bigger than the CFC..
Both hold major currency and we would get the deal that benefits us

Jeremias

Sep 26, 2004
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
MUFC, LAL, PSG
People really think North are a chance here. We know this story already. North throw "life changing" money at a star player and end up missing out.
Look at the calibre of poster pushing that line of thinking. Nothing more needs to be said really.

Most rational supporters - North, Carlton and otherwise - know he's no chance of going to North.

Remove this Banner Ad