Recommitted Harry McKay [re-signed to 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

It would be quite upsetting if overpaying for Saad and Williams in salary and at the trade table ends up costing the Blues a generational forward

Reminds me a bit of Josh Kennedy

ah well
There’s noworries about affording him, it’s a case of North possibly making him the highest paid player in the AFL and how close we are willing to go to that.

It would be quite upsetting if overpaying for Saad and Williams in salary and at the trade table ends up costing the Blues a generational forward

Reminds me a bit of Josh Kennedy

ah well

He will be signed within 6 weeks.

North have nothing going for them that would make Harry chose them over us. The bloke is not an idiot, and is not motivated by money.

His management have told the club he wants to stay at Carlton and have not fielded calls or offers from any other club.

When has a talented junior ever wanted out of our club? But anyway, clubs have stopped playing nice with each other at the trade table. It's the Dodero effect. Last year Melbourne screwed us over Brown, we screwed Collingwood over Stevo, Essendon screwed Carlton over Saad, Carlton screwed GC over Msrtin, Adelaide screwed GWS over Hately, Hawthorn and WB screwed Collingwood over Philips and Trelosr.
If we get the chance, we'll screw you over McKay.
I can't remember the last talented junior you had fwiw, collingwood having a fire sale and you guys telling the world brown must be traded sigh... I am done with this stupidity.

Genuine question (not having a dig), what do you think Harry does if Carlton miss finals by multiple games this year? Say they finish on 9 or 10 wins, do you think that affects his decision at all, or would it largely come down to money? Not that he'd move to North if Carlton's performance were an issue of course..

Two year deal.

I have no skin in the game, but I know it’s human for supporters to undervalue opposition players and overvalue their own. Particularly on this board.

What you or I valued Martin at is a moot point.

The most important aspect in the situation was that Gold Coast valued him higher than a second and third rounder.

And Carlton could pick him up in the PSD if they tweaked his contract terms to make it unappealing for other clubs.

North could do a similar thing. This talk of arbitration is absolute rubbish.

And as for valuing Harry, I reckon he’s worth a top 5 pick as an out of contract player. And the Blues would get it. From any club that can’t use the PSD to strike a better deal.

You have plenty of skin in this thread, just like every other Carlton thread, so stop feigning innocence

Harry will re-sign

So hypothetically if we offered you pick 19 & 20 for McKay you would be cool with it?

Being worth pick 6 and all....

Points arent as useful to us as they are to clubs with decent Academies (Suns, Swans, GWS - And the Dogs last year to pay for JUH).

But yes, if he's uncontracted and the PSD is in play, we'd obviously have to take unders. Personally, in this bizzaro land where he leaves, Id ask for a future 1st.

You have plenty of skin in this thread, just like every other Carlton thread, so stop feigning innocence

Harry will re-sign
Stop trying to read into the intent of my posts and assess the information within.

I’ve never said I didn’t believe he will re-sign with the Blues.

All I’ve said is it would be a disaster for Carlton if North came knocking with a monster offer and he decided to go there.

For some reason this has caused serious keyboard mashing from the regulars.

I’m confident his management will negotiate a rate higher than both the Curnow and Williams contracts and Blues fans will be happy.

Happy to discuss this or any other matter in a rational manner with you Arrow.

Stop trying to read into the intent of my posts and assess the information within.

All I’ve said is it would be a disaster for Carlton if North came knocking with a monster offer and he decided to go there.

I’m confident his management will negotiate a rate higher than both the Curnow and Williams contracts and Blues fans will be happy.

Of course it would be, fans would riot.

We would rather lose Cripps than Harry (although a very reliable ITK board poster says we will retain both)

North simply are not an equation or threat though, if he left it would be to a mich bigger club, like Essendon or Hawthorn

Seriously, stop trying to make out you have any form if balance when discussing anything Carlton.

You frequent more Carlton related threads than any other on bigfooty, making out you subjectively analyze the current status

Point in case, even in unrelated threads

You must think everyone is that stupid

Seriously, stop trying to make out you have any form if balance when discussing anything Carlton.

You frequent more Carlton related threads than any other on bigfooty, making out you subjectively analyze the current status

Point in case, even in unrelated threads

You must think everyone is that stupid
If you have a problem with my comments in those threads you should reply to them there. I don’t see them as particularly biased or irrational.

I think the most likely contract length would be a two-year deal that takes him to RFA as that seems the way it goes for star players, should be priority #1 for the club ahead of Cripps.

It is my understanding that the Blues are going down the Ned Guy/Magpies route on this one- Harry McKay, Sam Petrevski-Seton and Jack Martin out > a packet chips and a set of steak knives in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taken 5 years of development into an already 1st round draft pick to get him to this point, he has at least doubled that initial pick value and I'd still tell you to fu** off.

Pick 1 honestly wouldn't be enough for him right now, only a 30% chance to get a key forward to replace him at his current level and that is 5 years down the track, losing him would cripple any sort of finals push we might have over that period.

None of this is up for debate - great post mate.

You’d drive Cripps to Perth before missing out on H’s signature.

I would rather move Ben forward, he’s a serious player himself.

Last edited:
None of this is up for debate - great post mate.

You’d drive Cripps to Perth before missing out on H’s signature.

I would rather move Ben forward, he’s a serious player himself.
I remember Ben saying he saw himself as playing fwd and was hoping that's what he would get drafted as.

Genuine question (not having a dig), what do you think Harry does if Carlton miss finals by multiple games this year? Say they finish on 9 or 10 wins, do you think that affects his decision at all, or would it largely come down to money? Not that he'd move to North if Carlton's performance were an issue of course..
Yes because moving to the worst list in comp would look attractive to him

This is disputed, Sam Edmund reported that North offered more and then Sam McClure reported that Carlton offered more. The only people that would know for certain are Zac and his agent.

I only remember this clearly because there were some overly smug Blues posters on the North board quoting Edmunds article claiming Carlton said "that if money was his sole motivation then Carlton wasn’t the club for him" which is absolute horses***.

Sam Edmund also told us Fischer McAsey was unhappy in Adelaide and was certain to come back to Melbourne :$

Therefore I wouldn’t believe a single thing he says about anything.

So yeah it appears like Carlton outbid North for Williams with the 850-900k top offer :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Hawthorn haven’t shown any interest at all.

How many of: Tarrant, McDonald, Corr, Anderson, LDU, Polec and Dumont would get a game at Carlton for interests sake?

A similar amount to Curnow, Fisher, Martin, TDK, Newman, Marchbank, Williams and Silvagni I would’ve thought.

Everyone wants Harry. Would make sense for us to offer a ridiculous front loaded contract to start negotiations and stop him re-signing too soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back