Recommitted Harry McKay [re-signed to 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

my point was they didnt offer a fair deal as they knew he was out of contract wanted to go to them on whatever salary they agreed and could just let him walk to them for free

Yeah a fair deal for McKay is a bit more than 'a future 1st'. Obviously being uncontracted and holding PSD pick reduces that, but there is a gap between 'Walk him to the PSD for free' and 'Fair market price'.

It's worth considering that he's on track to be a FA at the end of 2023.

Does he sign a two-year deal to give himself another window in two years or do Carlton sign him up longer term?

He could probably sign for two years on 800k apiece and then field FA offers. Or do Carlton say "here's 4 million over five years"?

It's worth considering that he's on track to be a FA at the end of 2023.

Does he sign a two-year deal to give himself another window in two years or do Carlton sign him up longer term?

He could probably sign for two years on 800k apiece and then field FA offers. Or do Carlton say "here's 4 million over five years"?
Given the rate Carlton is going, a 2 year deal seems sensible. Gives them 2 years to show improvement rather than risking wasting the majority of his career at a struggling club like Murphy before him, and Jones at Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given the rate Carlton is going, a 2 year deal seems sensible. Gives them 2 years to show improvement rather than risking wasting the majority of his career at a struggling club like Murphy before him, and Jones at Melbourne.
Big pay day as a FA if he wanted it.

I suspect they might meet in the middle and agree $2.5 million over three years.

He'd be 26-27 at the end of that and could cash in as a FA, provided he maintains current form.

The KPF player you would select with a top 5 pick you would be hoping , wishing , praying that in 5 years he becomes a talent like Harry McKay

easily worth a top 5 pick

But its looking like he is going to cost a fair bit of $$$ for him to sign long term

Genuinely think we'd let Cripps walk before letting Harry go if it was a simple matter of Norf sperging out again with some $10 mil contract offer. Most important player at Carlton

Aside from your namesake.

Another nice game from Harry today, 4 more to the tally and outright second in the Coleman. Making a lot of people look foolish for writing him off.

Not to mention he was sick coming into the game and had just been cleared from a Covid test this morning.

A few people laughed at me when I predicted Harry would be top 3 in the Coleman this year. Still early but doing well 👌

So what $$$ is he worth ?
How much will he ask for to stay ?

Should Carlton give him a 7 year deal and sign him up to be a 1 club player before he gets to free agency

7 year deals are built to fail. No thanks. Start winning games and he'll stay for far less meaning we'd actually have salary cap room to shuffle around and improve as a team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back