james Dean

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2006
Otherside of the Tracks
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
PHX, NUFC, Pats
He could possibly win the coleman medal this year and at his age , I think he is going to cost a bit more than williams & curnow
If carlton get going the rest of the year he will win the coleman
Shitting on Curnow’s contract is easy in hindsight. He looked like being far better than McKay 2 years ago

For millions of dollars?

I would say the majority of players put success above wealth. I think Kelly and Martin made the right calls to knock back our ridiculous offers, both got well looked after by their clubs even if it wasn't as much as they could have earned.

It is different if you are a top 4 team and are missing that one type of player, if you go to middle of the table side or worse and take a mountain of cash, you are just condemning them to be s**t for a very long time.

Difference is gws and tigers were premiership contenders at the time

Blues are pretenders so leaving them would be easier for the money

Well, McKay hasn't kicked more than 26 goals prior to this year, if he extracts the digit and plays to his potential and so do the rest of the other players perhaps they wont be pretenders in the future?

It is one thing for Victorian players to leave a club like GWS, it really doesn't happen that often between Victorian clubs, I mean we don't even lose players who were chased by Geelong, Higgins knocked back Geelong twice and only agreed to move if it was something our club wanted.

There would need to be a significant falling out between the player and club for someone like McKay to walk and it would be a betray for him to walk into the PSD. There haven't been any kind of rumblings to date about a falling out. It is mostly just some wishful thinking by some posters.

Unless something significant changes, it is just pissing into the wind.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Well, McKay hasn't kicked more than 26 goals prior to this year, if he extracts the digit and plays to his potential and so do the rest of the other players perhaps they wont be pretenders in the future?

It is one thing for Victorian players to leave a club like GWS, it really doesn't happen that often between Victorian clubs, I mean we don't even lose players who were chased by Geelong, Higgins knocked back Geelong twice and only agreed to move if it was something our club wanted.

There would need to be a significant falling out between the player and club for someone like McKay to walk and it would be a betray for him to walk into the PSD. There haven't been any kind of rumblings to date about a falling out. It is mostly just some wishful thinking by some posters.

Unless something significant changes, it is just pissing into the wind.

If north offer 3-500 more p/y with a longer contract it will be a lot of thinking for harry and his family.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Shitting on Curnow’s contract is easy in hindsight. He looked like being far better than McKay 2 years ago
No shitting from me , Curnow was looking like becoming the best foward in the comp and carlton had cap space to pay him and made sense
I was just highlighting what Harry would be thinking as i certainly would if i was him.

But if we look at comparisons Cameron , Lynch , Daniher , Kennedy they would all be on similar salary

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Bit more even to land the lad.

1.2/1.3 long term v 800/900 middling contract will have to have a long hard think

900k + starring in Hyundai ads post footy. He’ll get paid wherever he goes.

I don’t remember the last big name player North recruited. They just don’t have that pull. Ben playing there is the only positive and that is probably offset by getting regularly belted for the next 40 odd games.

I think a 2 + 4/5 Josh Kelly deal gives Harry the best flexibility whilst still guaranteeing a pay day. Takes him to FA.

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
900k + starring in Hyundai ads post footy. He’ll get paid wherever he goes.

I don’t remember the last big name player North recruited. They just don’t have that pull. Ben playing there is the only positive and that is probably offset by getting regularly belted for the next 40 odd games.

I think a 2 + 4/5 Josh Kelly deal gives Harry the best flexibility whilst still guaranteeing a pay day. Takes him to FA.

Yeah but he is 23. Post footy is a long time to wait when there is potentially another half mill on the table annually now.

From a north perspective it seems a no brainer.

The carlton supporter above sounds fairly confident however so nothing to worry about I guess.

North history doesn't matter in regards to the future list management

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
We are going to sign a gun player for less than Norf are offering again, aren’t we?

Maybe but if north are offering in the ball park of 1.3 x6 - you may have to make that contract a bit bigger?

see how it unfolds with Jack martin. Saad. Zac williams. Cripps and friends. Good luck. May you live in interesting times.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Maybe but if north are offering in the ball park of 1.3 x6 - you may have to make that contract a bit bigger?

see how it unfolds with Jack martin. Saad. Zac williams. Cripps and friends. Good luck. May you live in interesting times.

We see this situation year in year out with North. They offer big money, but inevitably get beaten by a lower offer. Like clockwork.

This year they are even worse, and might be relocated further south.

I could see another team nabbing him with a decent offer, but nothing surer than him giving the Roos the usual ‘thanks but no thanks’

SonnyBoy1

Senior List
Mar 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Heard it from the same guy who told me Suns were getting Ellis, the suns have tabled a monster offer to Mckay with potential captaincy in the range of $7-7.5 Million over 6 years. AFL is also extremely keen for it to go ahead in the hope that the rest of the suns players get around the team.

Would be massive if it happens, but think he stays at the blues.

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Heard it from the same guy who told me Suns were getting Ellis, the suns have tabled a monster offer to Mckay with potential captaincy in the range of $7-7.5 Million over 6 years. AFL is also extremely keen for it to go ahead in the hope that the rest of the suns players get around the team.

Would be massive if it happens, but think he stays at the blues.

Very smart move by GC.

Harry and king very nice bookends or key forwards with a ridiculous midfield + Lukosius..

Last edited:

BlueBalls#17

Rookie
Nov 24, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
All this talk of Harry to North is nothing more than a headline, both the boys always stated they wanted to play for different teams and go on there own paths. Surely there's a link somewhere of them both saying that.
Though that GC offer would be hard for anyone to turn down.
As much as we'd all like loyalty to play a part it is a business after all.
Still tipping he stays with his mates on good coin at the blues... completley bias though.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As a north fan I'd be happy to offer 1.2-3mil for Harry with the insane warchest we have this year.
Front load the s**t out of the contract to the point that we're only paying him in the ranges of 700k in the following years and it doesn't seem unreasonable.
We're going to struggle to pay the required 95% cap this year anyway.

Could Harry really say no to a quick 2-2.5mil in his bank account the day after the trade period ends?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back