Harry Shearer quits The Simpsons

Remove this Banner Ad

The actors are old farts these days. Do you suppose they just replace them when they start dying...

He can compensate himself by sitting on the ten story pile of money he made every year - surely they won't try to replace him. For once I agreed with something someone said on the Project - its like when Jim Henson's son replaced Jim as Kermit - just can't match the original

Making money is fine but if you're not passionate about what you do then you probably won't be happy.

since people have grown up on the simpsons there is a whole generation of people who have been imitation all these voices for 20 years. they will probly just find one person for each voice and pay them a fraction of what HS was earning. gonna save money aswell. not that i agree with it. the only simpsons i watch are the old episodes that foxtel shows all the time.

simpsons-cast-harry-shearer.jpg

That's a lot of characters to cover.
Oh wow. There will be no 'God'. [/trying to say it in jest]

I think one of the biggest issues the simpsons has faced over the years is being too set in stone. The show needed to introduce new, younger vocal talent, and new writers who could create new characters for the series rather than play on the same jokes and same characters that have been going stale for far too long.
latest

lol at people thinking they wouldnt replace him. the show had already signed on for 2 more seasons. theyre going to do them without most of the secondary characters the show has?:drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back