List Mgmt. Harry Taylor signs five-year contract extension

Remove this Banner Ad

I would shake a can in front of the club to get funds to keep him....

GO Catters

Money won't be an issue, we'll have a fair bit of cap room with the retirements we have coming up.

I imagine it would be purely does he want to go home or not, and that's it.

FWIW I think he will stay, and will be very glad for that to happen.

Exactly.

So why would he move back to Perth?
Presumably because his wife is from Perth, and she might appreciate having family around to help while their kids are young. At least that was the implication of today's article in The Age, but let's hope that's pure speculation.

Exactly.

So why would he move back to Perth?
His wife comes from Perth and he has young children. So that could be enough.

As far as I can tell Harry hasn't actually made any indications he wants to leave or stay. A reporter in the Age wrote a nothing story this morning about the possibility that IF Harry wanted to go back then a possible trade for Mitch Brown (a defender from the WCE) could be done. So if this made the TV then it has to a classic example of the bullshit journalism we get these days. A newspaper article clearly stating that Taylor nor his manager have said he wants to go back to Perth but putting forward a hypothetical scenario of a trade has been blown up to fact by the TV. That's why I don't watch TV news.

Taylor is a two time premiership player at Geelong, played over 100 games for us, made All-Australian with us and I can only presume he would want to stay with the club and see it through, especially considering how primed we are for another premiership charge. He probably also feels a great deal of gratitude towards for the club for being willing to recruit him before Mature-age recruits were the rage.

Can only imagine him being in the hoops for life and hopefully it turns out that way.

I would shake a can in front of the club to get funds to keep him....

GO Catters
LOL but it might be more effective to set up the BF-Cats babysitting and home help service. Free to all Cats players.

Now, just need to get a few here through the government screening...

Harry , hardly misses a game. WC's Brown hardly plays one.

1st option -Sign Harry
2nd option- Offer more dollars and sign Harry
3rd option-If Harry say its not dollars or the club , its family - Then he should be treated as with as much respect as possible but it would be up to the WA club to get a deal done.
If pressed id look at Frawley at Melb before Brown.

It would create a hole no doubt Harry is unique on our list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harry , hardly misses a game. WC's Brown hardly plays one.

1st option -Sign Harry
2nd option- Offer more dollars and sign Harry
3rd option-If Harry say its not dollars or the club , its family - Then he should be treated as with as much respect as possible but it would be up to the WA club to get a deal done.
If pressed id look at Frawley at Melb before Brown.

It would create a hole no doubt Harry is unique on our list
option 2.5 - move Harry's entire extended family to Geelong

If and it is a big if Harry want's to head to WA it will take a lot more than Mitch Brown to get the deal done
well take it up with the journalist who wrote the original article. He was the one who presented the hypothetical scenario. I for one think Harry will stay at the Cats for the foreseeable future.

From what I have seen, I am surprised Harry and Mitch Brown are even mentioned in the same sentence.
They are mentioned as opposites...

Go Catters

I heard Selwood likes to duck but had chicken instead?
I heard Geelong have beaten Collingwood in a number of Grand finals, of course I hope it's not just rumor and innuendo.

Conversation

West Coast fan: "Would you ever come back to Perth to finish your career?"
Taylor: "Not on your life... but if I was desperate to play on and the Cats wanted to trade me at the end of my career you can never say never."
WCF: "Oh, so you would possibly play for us."
Taylor: "It's extremely unlikely, I'm a one club player, I've given the Cats my heart and soul but if the cards fell that way then never say never."
Langdon: "Hey you guys..... Harry Taylor was overheard saying he'd possibly end his career back in Perth at the Eagles."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back