List Mgmt. Harry Taylor signs five-year contract extension

Remove this Banner Ad

Harry T & Dennis Walter > West Coast
Selwood Mk III & Western Mining > The Cats

Ch9 can handball Livinia Nixon > Perth TV for airing this story (then we could all see the weather in Melbourne's SE suburbs)

Win-Win-Win

Conversation

West Coast fan: "Would you ever come back to Perth to finish your career?"
Taylor: "Not on your life... but if I was desperate to play on and the Cats wanted to trade me at the end of my career you can never say never."
WCF: "Oh, so you would possibly play for us."
Taylor: "It's extremely unlikely, I'm a one club player, I've given the Cats my heart and soul but if the cards fell that way then never say never."
Langdon: "Hey you guys..... Harry Taylor was overheard saying he'd possibly end his career back in Perth at the Eagles."

:thumbsu:

Shorter version:
Channel 9 wants Harry Taylor wants to 'end career in Perth'

Was taken aback by seeing on the AFL site today "reports that Taylor may be heading to WA." Rang a mate who has some ins at the club (thourthes, in Caro-speak) and he used the words "No basis in reality," so I wouldn't be too worried. As for trading him for Mitch Brown... yeah, good luck with that.

Northampton thank you very much. Played with Josh Kennedy of the Eagles for their youth sides.

Thats the only connection i can see to West Coast

When Geelong played West Coast in Perth a couple of years ago in Perth -there was that feature article in the West Australian on Taylor and Kennedy -who were selected to play on each other that night

They had a picture of their junior side -and theres Taylor and Kennedy standing side by side as 11 or 12 year olds -and Taylors father was coach of the side .

If Geelong won this years flag -that would be 3 for Taylor -i mean how many do you want -there would have to be some chance that he would go back home

He would be a massive loss (irreplacable loss) -because hes in career best form -and really at the peak of his career

Harry was on Triple M this morning and said he has no idea where the story has come from and he and his partner haven't given any thought to returning to Perth.

Sounded genuinely upset that this has been raised

Considering he will be 27 this year and said he would take a pay cut so we could potentially keep Ablett, I really can't see him leaving. He might hang up the boots by age 30-31 so he could return home but not before then.

You would think all the Essendon speculation would keep the hounds busy with theoretical stories. But alas, the answer is no.

Harry was on Triple M this morning and said he has no idea where the story has come from and he and his partner haven't given any thought to returning to Perth.

Thanks for the update. What show conducted that interview? I'd like to find an audio or podcast link if possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the update. What show conducted that interview? I'd like to find an audio or podcast link if possible.
The rub I think it's called with Wayne Schwass and Wayne Carey

That's good enough for me, Harry is a smart bloke, he doesn't need to play mind games with people.

Still...Mitch Brown (WCE) is out of contract at year's end and we do need a young, strong key defender.

Brown wants to come back to Victoria. Perhaps we should still look into that.

Something to keep back of mind.

How can we take such a great player for mitch brown wtf...Take schofield and s selwood anyday... But on an article feb 1,2013 schofield signed a 3 year extension for wce.harry please don't go :(

Still...Mitch Brown (WCE) is out of contract at year's end and we do need a young, strong key defender.
Brown wants to come back to Victoria. Perhaps we should still look into that.
Something to keep back of mind.
How can we take such a great player for mitch brown wtf...Take schofield and s selwood anyday... But on an article feb 1,2013 schofield signed a 3 year extension for wce.harry please don't go :(

He's said it's bs, why are we still talking about it?

He's said it's bs, why are we still talking about it?
Ah the joys of the interwebz.

Won't speak to other people's posts but mine was written as a "something to consider regardless of Taylor staying".

Mitch Brown wants out of WA (we saw that last year).

His contract ends this year.

Geelong could use a young, key defender to back up TAYLOR and Lonergan.

Ergo, Brown is worth investigating down the track.

Ah the joys of the interwebz.

Won't speak to other people's posts but mine was written as a "something to consider regardless of Taylor staying".

Mitch Brown wants out of WA (we saw that last year).

His contract ends this year.

Geelong could use a young, key defender to back up TAYLOR and Lonergan.

Ergo, Brown is worth investigating down the track.

OK, but I think it's another thread, not to be confused with the Taylor non-issue.
And Brown's certainly something to be considered by the club - may well have been this season if our priorities had not been the immediate needs for a big inside mid and a big ruckman to give us a crack at the flag.

Think Pivot is saying we should look into getting Mitch Brown in to help the back line regardless if Harry moves or not as it will give us more options.
A back line of talls Longeran, Taylor, Rivers, Brown with smalls Enright, Mackie, Thurlow, Guthrie etc

Think Pivot is saying we should look into getting Mitch Brown in to help the back line regardless if Harry moves or not as it will give us more options.
A back line of talls Longeran, Taylor, Rivers, Brown with smalls Enright, Mackie, Thurlow, Guthrie etc
Well, at least consider as he is more likely to be able to fill the role those 2 guys (Taylor & Lonergan) do atm.

But Fred is right - a different topic for a different thread for another day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back