Dudley Leopard

All Australian
Aug 24, 2011
Joondanna
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hammers, Subiaco
Could be after a trade back to WA. Not a free agent. Would be very handy at either Eagles or Freo as a replacement for Glass or McPharlin.

27, AA and a darn good player, would be worth a 1st rounder at very least.

Dunno what Freo can offer. They would prob have pick 17 or thereabouts in the ND. Would this be enough?

Would be worth a top five pick.

Who they got the cats would like in a trade, plus the late first rounder? I'm sure the cats would love s selwood to help out his brother!

what do the WA clubs have to give up as part of a trade and anyone who mentions Mitch Brown shouldn't bother, wouldn't get a game for Geelong's VFL side - two 1st round picks before we even sit down and talk

what do the WA clubs have to give up as part of a trade and anyone who mentions Mitch Brown shouldn't bother, wouldn't get a game for Geelong's VFL side - two 1st round picks before we even sit down and talk

Be like trading a Rolls Royce for a Hyandai! In sure many WC fans will throw it up though

Be interesting to see if either WA teams have the balls to give up something big to get him if a move is considered.

He's worth two first round picks, one of which would need to be in the top 5 or 6.

Neither of the WA clubs would have the picks to get the deal done.

I agree that he would be worth more than either club could give.

But given the hypothetical that he requests a trade to either club, and given both clubs first pick would likely be greater than the top 10, what would you expect then?

But given the hypothetical that he requests a trade to either club, and given both clubs first pick would likely be greater than the top 10, what would you expect then?

Let's say either WA club has a first rounder that's 13-16ish.

Then they would need to add a clear best 22 player, probably someone from their top dozen, to that pick, to make it fair.

Realistically from a WCE perspective, Geelong would be talking names like Scott Selwood or Schofield or maybe a younger player like Gaff, or maybe Brown, although he doesn't have the value of the other three. From a Freo perspective it would be names like Ballantyne, Mayne etc. Now both clubs are not likely to want to give up those players, but that's what fair value would be.

Let's say either WA club has a first rounder that's 13-16ish.

Then they would need to add a clear best 22 player, probably someone from their top dozen, to that pick, to make it fair.

Realistically from a WCE perspective, Geelong would be talking names like Scott Selwood or Schofield or maybe a younger player like Gaff, or maybe Brown, although he doesn't have the value of the other three. From a Freo perspective it would be names like Ballantyne, Mayne etc. Now both clubs are not likely to want to give up those players, but that's what fair value would be.

No Way in Hell would rather trade for a hal eaten packet of twisties than ballantyne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be after a trade back to WA. Not a free agent. Would be very handy at either Eagles or Freo as a replacement for Glass or McPharlin.

27, AA and a darn good player, would be worth a 1st rounder at very least.

Dunno what Freo can offer. They would prob have pick 17 or thereabouts in the ND. Would this be enough?

Oh of course , we would just give him up for P17 and get a kid that may be handy in about 3 years. (Unless we manage to find another HarryT).
You we need to find some serious value if you were hoping to convince Geelong to trade him.

It's very much this. I don't think Taylor would put Geelong in the position of nominating a club, so Geelong will have to play us off against each other.

First rounder and a best 22 player. I don't think I would do it though. We traded away our first rounder last year (for Wellingham), so I doubt we would do so in consecutive years.

Taylor for Borwn and 1st round pick

How tall is Borwn , don't know him. Typo? Brown and a R1 pick , what pick? have to be a single figure min. Id say Brown and a pick still would be short , just the way I see it. It may have to be a multi player , multi pick deal cause I don't see any way of a WA club giving us a top 5 pick.

Brown and Scott Selwood...Mmm that would be tempting

How tall is Borwn , don't know him. Typo? Brown and a R1 pick , what pick? have to be a single figure min. Id say Brown and a pick still would be short , just the way I see it. It may have to be a multi player , multi pick deal cause I don't see any way of a WA club giving us a top 5 pick.

Brown and Scott Selwood...Mmm that would be tempting

Not sure how tall he is but brown and s.selwwod would inserting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back