News Hart and Godden sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

That's where the downsized AFL coaches with experience will be going. And they can join the rest of the downsized workforce competing for real jobs. Shithouse time to be finishing your playing career and looking for a coaching job. Lots of competition.

Perhaps we might end up with some intelligence in the commentary box?

I know, who am I kidding.

GWS forwards:

2018: 12th for goals per inside 50, 3rd for scores per inside 50
2019: 3rd for goals per inside 50, 5th for scores per inside 50
2020: 4th for goals per inside 50, 4th for scores per inside 50

Adelaide:

2018: 6th for goals per inside 50, 1st for scores per inside 50
2019: 9th for goals per inside 50, 6th for scores per inside 50
2020: 17th for goals per inside 50, 9th for scores per inside 50

So Brad Miller has had GWS in the top 4 for scoring per inside 50 entry while he's been there. Meanwhile we've gotten consistently worse under Hart

Actually now that I think about it, GWS forward line issues were probably more down to their ball movement issues than anything. They seemed to really struggle to move the ball quickly and efficiently in 2020.

+

Both valid points, but one can't assume that Miller would be a bust with the Crows. Nicks doesn't strike me now as a Boys' Club type. I doubt that he'd opt for someone only because they're a mate, plus it's easier to work with someone you know and trust.

By that logic we couldn't have known Hart would be a bust when he was sacked from Collingwood.

But really we should have been able to tell.

By that logic we couldn't have known Hart would be a bust when he was sacked from Collingwood.

But really we should have been able to tell.
At least the forward line results are there with Miller at GWS, unlike Hart at Coll

Had no confidence in the Hart signing whatsoever, I’m thinking Miller will do okay, however

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least the forward line results are there with Miller at GWS, unlike Hart at Coll

Had no confidence in the Hart signing whatsoever, I’m thinking Miller will do okay, however

Are they?

GWS have had one of the most talent laden forward lines in the AFL for the better part of a decade but never been really that great in either total points or efficiency of conversion for inside 50's (or most other metrics of a high functioning forward line).

Given what he is working with and what he has produced he is vastly under performing.

Are they?

GWS have had one of the most talent laden forward lines in the AFL for the better part of a decade but never been really that great in either total points or efficiency of conversion for inside 50's (or most other metrics of a high functioning forward line).

Given what he is working with and what he has produced he is vastly under performing.
Scorpus’ stats above say to me that they’ve been doing okay

In addition, I’d argue the GWS forward line isn’t as ‘talent-laden’ as people think. Sure, Greene and Cameron are very, very good, but Himmelberg and Finlayson are inconsistent, Daniels is still young, Riccardi is inexperienced at the top level, and guys like Lloyd and Langdon aren’t all that great

Scorpus’ stats above say to me that they’ve been doing okay

In addition, I’d argue the GWS forward line isn’t as ‘talent-laden’ as people think. Sure, Greene and Cameron are very, very good, but Himmelberg and Finlayson are inconsistent, Daniels is still young, Riccardi is inexperienced at the top level, and guys like Lloyd and Langdon aren’t all that great
They have no pure small forward

Ian Hill, if he's not a small forward what is he?

Pretty hard to be a functioning forward in the GWS this season.
Hence why their high conversion rate when going inside 50 is impressive this season (considering they've been pretty bad in other areas of the ground). Shows that Miller should be a better coach than Hart

Hence why their high conversion rate when going inside 50 is impressive this season (considering they've been pretty bad in other areas of the ground). Shows that Miller should be a better coach than Hart
An inanimate carbon rod is better than Ben Hart..

So we're basing this Brad Miller talk on him being out of a job and a Theo tweet, do we know he's not doing a Michelangelo like guess putting 2 x 2 and coming up with 5 because Nicks was at the GWS at the same time or is there real foundation to his call?

An inanimate carbon rod is better than Ben Hart..

So we're basing this Brad Miller talk on him being out of a job and a Theo tweet, do we know he's not doing a Michelangelo like guess putting 2 x 2 and coming up with 5 because Nicks was at the GWS at the same time or is there real foundation to his call?
Theo's track record in regards to the club's off-field moves is overall better than Rooch's at least, IIRC

You don't sound confident at all that Miller would be a good get?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back