Rumour Hart and Grace Out Sanderson ? in

Remove this Banner Ad

If carlton can manage to setup their defence in 1 year like they have with no quality players just a good defensive plan then I am sold on whoever comes in to be defence coach.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
But havnt they lost nine or some such in a row?

It was always going to take its toll and like I said they don't really have the cattle but if you watch you can see a defensive system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I have to listen to Bolton speak, that's enough defence for me.
I'm out of there.
He's not as bad as terry wallaces voice, but he has this Boy Scout squeaky way of speaking.... Just doesn't appeal to me.
Then again it may work for others.

If Sanderson wasn't Buckley's mate no one would be complaining.

He seems like a very competent coach.

I'd have my doubts.

When he was coaching the Crows, I was told by somebody in the know that he wasn't respected at all by his players. To the point where some players enjoyed losing because it peeved Sanderson off. I wasn't sure whether to believe it or not, because Crows were doing alright onfield. Anyway, things panned out exactly the way my source predicted, so I concluded there was something in it. I think Sando has even made comments about it himself.

But I also think people are capable of learning from their mistakes, so maybe he'll go alright.

But havnt they lost nine or some such in a row?

Might want to check the numbers. They've improved by 3 goals a game defensively this year and been better than us even with the 9 losses on the trot.

Says a bit really given the standard of player they have in the D50 v us...

Might want to check the numbers. They've improved by 3 goals a game defensively this year and been better than us even with the 9 losses on the trot.

Says a bit really given the standard of player they have in the D50 v us...
No doubt they have improved.
But I'm not partial to giving Carlton any praise, too unnatural....

No doubt they have improved.
But I'm not partial to giving Carlton any praise, too unnatural....

Don't think of it so much as praise for them, but a cross against us. They've been fairly crap yet still have us covered.

It just leaves me disillusioned that there's still such hardcore support for the coaching group when a first year coach working with a s**t group has gotten the results he has. Yet we're 5 years in and still going backwards...

Don't think of it so much as praise for them, but a cross against us. They've been fairly crap yet still have us covered.

It just leaves me disillusioned that there's still such hardcore support for the coaching group when a first year coach working with a s**t group has gotten the results he has. Yet we're 5 years in and still going backwards...
To semi para phrase Ron Barassi

Show me premierships and I'll shut up.

(Sorry I'm just not as obsessed with coaches as some seem to be. as if that's the magic elixir. Flags are what count. Bolton can show improvement, but with respect, so what. They are still awful anyway.)

To semi para phrase Ron Barassi

Show me premierships and I'll shut up.

(Sorry I'm just not as obsessed with coaches as some seem to be. as if that's the magic elixir. Flags are what count. Bolton can show improvement, but with respect, so what. They are still awful anyway.)

So you agree Bucks should be stood down at years end? Five years in and no premierships I have no doubt Bolton won't last that long if Carlton aren't there or thereabouts.

We were always going to go backwards after 2011/12. It was inevitable given our list. It just wasn't that good.

Yes we have gone back further than we would have liked but we are building a good list. My main concern isn't the coach, it is what impact the poor outcome from the Shaz/Freeman draft has in the long term. That draft, which is just bad luck, could be a real killer to our future hopes of ultimate success.

We were always going to go backwards after 2011/12. It was inevitable given our list. It just wasn't that good.

Yes we have gone back further than we would have liked but we are building a good list. My main concern isn't the coach, it is what impact the poor outcome from the Shaz/Freeman draft has in the long term. That draft, which is just bad luck, could be a real killer to our future hopes of ultimate success.

Of course it was there's no denying it, but to still be going backwards three years removed despite half our best 22 improving?

Copout. That draft was fine. Shaz will be a jet, Freeman was replaced by Aish, Langdon still has time despite my doubts and Marsh is a project. Our regression is on the football department not a couple of selections at the draft table.

Edit: lets compare with Melbourne who've flown past us quick enough to give us windburn. Salem, Kennedy-Harris, Hunt and Clisby which, Hunt aside, is very meh, but their coaching group has them improving year on year as a group.

Last edited:
I'd have my doubts.

When he was coaching the Crows, I was told by somebody in the know that he wasn't respected at all by his players. To the point where some players enjoyed losing because it peeved Sanderson off. I wasn't sure whether to believe it or not, because Crows were doing alright onfield. Anyway, things panned out exactly the way my source predicted, so I concluded there was something in it. I think Sando has even made comments about it himself.

But I also think people are capable of learning from their mistakes, so maybe he'll go alright.

Oh hell no. That couldn't be right. Lindsay Thomas could be my local footy coach and I'd still try to win. Always.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It doesn't seem like that long ago that getting Burns back to Collingwood was some huge coup - served under Worsfold/Walsh ,seemed to be very highly regarded at WCE and elsewhere. Not enough to get the head coach job at numerous clubs obviously.

What's the consensus on Burns at the moment?
No comment on coaching but I've heard from several sauces that he's a very switched on dude. That should translate into coaching imo

So you agree Bucks should be stood down at years end? Five years in and no premierships I have no doubt Bolton won't last that long if Carlton aren't there or thereabouts.
No I don't.
I'm not into bullying coaches out.
Actually it's three years of rebuilding the list.
First two years was a somewhat competitive list but that list got tired about 2011 to 2012.
I'm happy for Nathan to have more time, does not bother me at all.

Of course it was there's no denying it, but to still be going backwards three years removed despite half our best 22 improving?

Copout. That draft was fine. Shaz will be a jet, Freeman was replaced by Aish, Langdon still has time despite my doubts and Marsh is a project. Our regression is on the football department not a couple of selections at the draft table.

Edit: lets compare with Melbourne who've flown past us quick enough to give us windburn. Salem, Kennedy-Harris, Hunt and Clisby which, Hunt aside, is very meh, but their coaching group has them improving year on year as a group.
Melbourne flown past us???
Really?
Ok.
They plodding along a little step hear forward a step backwards there.

Melbourne have had years of high draft picks so getting a few wrong hasn't hurt them as much as us. Since 2010 we have only had four top 10 picks from memory and so far 50% have been bust and 2 are still kids. That hurts.

Melbourne flown past us???
Really?
Ok.
They plodding along a little step hear forward a step backwards there.

Yes really? Again run the numbers.

2014 they were 7 wins and 26% behind us.

2015 it was 3 wins and 29% behind us.

2016 it's 2 wins and 13% ahead.

Love your passion, but you gotta take some of the bias out of your views because in the time since the draft Clayton mentioned they've pulled back 9 wins and 40%. That's as sure a sign of an underperforming football departnent as I've ever seen given Melbourne's isn't exactly top drawer.

Melbourne have had years of high draft picks so getting a few wrong hasn't hurt them as much as us. Since 2010 we have only had four top 10 picks from memory and so far 50% have been bust and 2 are still kids. That hurts.

In the same period Melbourne have had 6 with Toumpas gone and two of those last year so from 2010-2014 they had the same number as us or are you suggesting the difference between us is Oliver and Weideman?

Yes really? Again run the numbers.

2014 they were 7 wins and 26% behind us.

2015 it was 3 wins and 29% behind us.

2016 it's 2 wins and 13% ahead.

Love your passion, but you gotta take some of the bias out of your views because in the time since the draft Clayton mentioned they've pulled back 9 wins and 40%. That's as sure a sign of an underperforming football departnent as I've ever seen given Melbourne's isn't exactly top drawer.
Quaking in my boots about Melbourne.
Whole competition is....

Yeh, nah....

(Ps statistics, can make anything from them)
(Pps we can agree to disagree about Melbourne)

Quaking in my boots about Melbourne.
Whole competition is....

Yeh, nah....

(Ps statistics, can make anything from them)
(Pps we can agree to disagree about Melbourne)

Just like how everyone's sfellowing at our regression under the current coaching group?

Just like how everyone's sfellowing at our regression under the current coaching group?
People can sfellow all they want.
Likely they sfellow at my posts and maybe even your posts....
That's life, people like sfellowing.
Good luck to them.

People can sfellow all they want.
Likely they sfellow at my posts and maybe even your posts....
That's life, people like sfellowing.
Good luck to them.

That doesn't make them wrong.

FWIW I just caught up on last night's SEN coaches box and with the current changes already afoot this discussion could be at an end earlier than anyone could have previously anticipated.

That doesn't make them wrong.

FWIW I just caught up on last night's SEN coaches box and with the current changes already afoot this discussion could be at an end earlier than anyone could have previously anticipated.
Fair point

In the same period Melbourne have had 6 with Toumpas gone and two of those last year so from 2010-2014 they had the same number as us or are you suggesting the difference between us is Oliver and Weideman?

Melbourne has had ten years of draft picks better than ours. If they don't go past us they will have failed badly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back