Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Dec 22, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Reported that Kyle Hartigan is in hospital with a fractured rib and internal bleeding

Looks like season over and Wishing him a speedy recovery

Was it Ruttens hit that did the damage?
nah I think it was the Port player, had his knee out (as you do) and lodged it squarely in the sweet spot under the ribs there.

nothing malicious about it, but yeah he got hit very solidly.

Just saw the hit on the 7 coverage. Highlight of The Future's career.

"Hey grandkids, do you know that I once injured Kyle Hartigan? He ended playing 200 games for the Crows, so it was pretty sweet."

"Shut up grandpa, we don't care bout your non-career. Have you learned how to kick yet?"

The kick that was on target all day from Junk Time Johnny.

nah I think it was the Port player, had his knee out (as you do) and lodged it squarely in the sweet spot under the ribs there.

nothing malicious about it, but yeah he got hit very solidly.
No... nothing malicious ;) - just taught by Matt Thomas...

No... nothing malicious ;) - just taught by Matt Thomas...
every forward gets a knee up to protect himself, its taught for christs sake. Butcher didn't use his magic x-ray vision to bullseye Hartigan's kidney.

I've seen plenty of bigger impacts happen without so much damage, the one that immediately comes to mind is Tippett poleaxing that Saints bloke a few years back. That's just the difference between centre of the back and in the kidneys and Hartigan was coming back at an angle that wouldn't have helped either.

of course in saying that I'm sure Butcher wasn't too worried about hurting Hartigan, mind you I think Jenkins is the only forward in the comp who does spare a thought for the man in the hole.

every forward gets a knee up to protect himself, its taught for christs sake. Butcher didn't use his magic x-ray vision to bullseye Hartigan's kidney.

I've seen plenty of bigger impacts happen without so much damage, the one that immediately comes to mind is Tippett poleaxing that Saints bloke a few years back. That's just the difference between centre of the back and in the kidneys and Hartigan was coming back at an angle that wouldn't have helped either.

of course in saying that I'm sure Butcher wasn't too worried about hurting Hartigan, mind you I think Jenkins is the only forward in the comp who does spare a thought for the man in the hole.

Like I said... ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Hey grandkids, do you know that I once injured Kyle Hartigan? He ended playing 200 games for the Crows, so it was pretty sweet."

"Shut up grandpa, we don't care bout your non-career. Have you learned how to kick yet?"

that would be piss your pants funny.

hope Kyle is ok and recovers quickly.

far out this makes talia all the more important. if he goes down we have legitimately no big bodied defenders bar truck. luke thompson is not big. imagine truck vs tippett and thompson vs buddy.... would get destroyed

Given how poorly Butcher shoots, I doubt he'll become a father

Remove this Banner Ad

Back