Hartigan signs 3yr extension

Remove this Banner Ad

simmo97

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Adelaide's defensive group has received another boost with key-position player Kyle Hartigan signing a three-year contract extension.

Hartigan will remain at West Lakes until at least the end of 2020 and follows fellow defender Luke Brown in committing to the Club last week.

The 25-year-old is a rookie draft success story after being picked up by the Crows as a mature-age recruit in 2012.

Hartigan made his AFL debut in Round 18, 2013 and has since become an important part of the Club’s backline.

“The Crows gave me the chance to play AFL football and it’s great to be able to repay the faith,” Hartigan said.

“We have a really tight-knit playing group who have now played a fair bit of football together and I think success is just around the corner.”

General Manager List Management and Strategy Justin Reid said it was great reward for Hartigan’s commitment and hard work.

“It’s great to have Kyle commit to the Club for the next three years,” Reid said.

“He’s impressed ever since he arrived at West Lakes as a rookie in 2012 with his team-first attitude and willingness to learn.

“To move from the rookie list to becoming an integral member of our back six is a credit to him and our coaching staff.”

Good signing And had come from nowhere to be a KPD that can play on the monster forward or a quick leading forward

My info is that he was being chased by 2-3 Melb based clubs with one club offering a 4 year deal

I'm a little surprised by that. I think Hartigan is solid, but not a superstar. Maybe I'm underestimating just how many decent key defenders there are in the AFL. Hopefully we didn't pay too much to keep him then.

So is this the "big name" mystery player Rowie was talking about?
Just a misunderstanding...you were thinking of a big name when what Rowie meant was a big name.

Of the 22 who took the field on Saturday night Hartigan had the equal second longest name in the team (with Gallucci) behind only Greenwood.

Just a misunderstanding...you were thinking of a big name when what Rowie meant was a big name.

Of the 22 who took the field on Saturday night Hartigan had the equal second longest name in the team (with Gallucci) behind only Greenwood.
What will happen when Wigg re-signs?

Less fanfare than Eliis-Yolmen?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good signing And had come from nowhere to be a KPD that can play on the monster forward or a quick leading forward

My info is that he was being chased by 2-3 Melb based clubs with one club offering a 4 year deal
Not surprised at all to be honest. He's not in the top tier of key defenders, but he has all the physical tools, can play tall or small and his disposal is usually solid.

And we no longer have a coach that would put him on Stringer

You sure about that? I don't see a better matchup on our list for Stringer than Hartigan personally. Talia, Lever, Otten are not quick enough and would be taking care of Cloke / Redpath (Otten likely playing up forward or out of the side to be honest). Brown, Smith, Laird not big enough. It'd be Hartigan or whoever is in the side out of Kelly / Cheney playing on Stringer.

Hartigan seems far more suited to playing on these agile types these days than the big daddy Hawkins / J Kennedy types to me. His job on Robbie Gray in the Showdown pretty much won us the game. I'd back him in to do the job on Jake "flash in the pan" Stringer later this season.

Important signing with Lever going

Juuuust kidding!

I hope :eek:
yeah, not sure you need to be kidding so much. That's a real possibility and I hope he's not doing a Dangerfield "I love this club yada yada yada...

But Harts! Give him a few minutes in the midfield when our lightweights are getting monstered, and tell him to crunch someone.

yeh was like, everyone tune into mondays sports show we will announce the player who has signed a new deal with the crows.
I hope the Crows are trolling AA by announcing this earlier than Rowie-I'm-forced-to-say-nice-things-about-Port-even-though-I-think-they're-a-sh*tstain-of-a-club.

If we're announcing a contract this early in the week, there must be some bad news about to drop. McGovern's injury not healing as expected?

I would still be drafting another KPD this year even if Lever stays. We've only got Keath in the seconds and he can barely get out on the park.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back