MRP / Trib. Hartlett - Offered 1 week for striking Rioli

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't realise Hartlett could do so much damage with a body punch...

Link
Hamish Hartlett, Port Adelaide, has been charged with a level three striking offence against Cyril Rioli, Hawthorn, during the first quarter of the round 20 match between Port Adelaide and Hawthorn, played at Aurora Stadium on Sunday August 12, 2012.

In summary, he can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Based on the video evidence available, an investigation by the Match Review and medical report from the Hawthorn Football Club, the incident was assessed as intentional conduct (three points), medium impact (two points) and body contact (one point). This is a total of six activation points, resulting in a classification of a level three offence, drawing 225 demerit points and a two-match sanction. He has no existing good or bad record. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to 168.75 points and a one-match sanction.
Link

So do they have video footage of the incident?

If not, the AFL can absolutely go and * itself. Next time we play the Crows we should have someone fall down in the centre square and say Dangerfield did it, going by this precedent it's a week off for him.

probably find A hawks supporter sent in phone footage, knowing the AFL of late, that would be enough, surprised he only got 2 down to 1m it was Cyril. Bruce Mcavaney probably put in a witness statement

Yep to get the extra 25% discount you have to have been on an AFL list for 5 years and had a clean record for 5 years. Hammer has only been on the list for 4 years and has a clean record, but doesn't qualify for 5 year discount.

BTW, the damage to Cyril's shoulder was from a Chaplin bump - that's what led to him being subbed.

It seems Hartlett has been pinged by a new rule:

Link
1. Striking and Behind-Play Incidents
For the purpose of these guidelines all players should note that the following factors are considered when determining the classification of a striking offence:

Intent:
Notwithstanding any other part of these guidelines, the fact that an act of striking occurred behind the play or off the ball or during a break in play or with a raised forearm or elbow is usually conclusive that the strike was intentional.

Impact:
Notwithstanding any other part of these guidelines, any reckless or intentional strike which is of an inherently dangerous kind and/or where there is a potential to cause serious injury (such as a strike with a raised elbow or forearm) will not be classified as “low impact” under the Rules even though the extent of the actual physical impact may be low. Such strikes will be classified at a higher level commensurate with the nature and extent of the risk of serious injury involved.
Link

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/144419/default.aspx

We did an investigation and that came back with enough information to 'think' a charge of an intentional strike to the midriff 'I suppose'....

Real professional AFL....

The investigation consisted of the investigator calling both players - no vision and no umpires... hmmm

Edit - vision on the attached link

I'm not surprised by this at all. The AFL is very predictable when it comes to their treatment of Port Adelaide. :thumbsdown:

Are the AFL sure that someone didn't push Hartlett into Rioli? With no video of the incident how can they be sure? I've heard that it was Rioli that initiated the contact.

In the third quarter of yesterday's game Gibson pushed Schulz in the back and then marked and no free was paid to Schulz. One of the commentators commented on how obvious a push in the back it was and that Gibson was lucky to get away with it. No luck involved at all.

your *ing joking they reported him on that footage what a farce seriously i couldnt make heads or tails of what was happening

I'm not surprised by this at all. The AFL is very predictable when it comes to their treatment of Port Adelaide. :thumbsdown:

Are the AFL sure that someone didn't push Hartlett into Rioli? With no video of the incident how can they be sure? I've heard that it was Rioli that initiated the contact.

In the third quarter of yesterday's game Gibson pushed Schulz in the back and then marked and no free was paid to Schulz. One of the commentators commented on how obvious a push in the back it was and that Gibson was lucky to get away with it. No luck involved at all.

The footage shown last night shows Hamish trying to run forward with Cyril blocking him on 3 or 4 occasions then Hamish is seen continuing his run forward and Cyril drops to his haunches. Not conclusive footage by a long stretch.

images-42.jpg

imagesCA6Z5YP3.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back