Harvey Weinstein charged with rape and other sex crimes | BigFooty

Harvey Weinstein charged with rape and other sex crimes

Discussion in 'Crime' started by Bomberboyokay, May 27, 2018.

1. Bomberboyokay

Bomberboyokay Brownlow Medallist

Essendon
    Other Teams:
    NY Giants, West Ham, NY Rangers
    If my memory is right Harvey Weinstein was the beginning of the #metoo thing when allegations come out last year.

Harvey Weinstein Charged With Rape and Other Sex Crimes, Barred From Travel

blackcat, why is he innocent?

Last edited: May 27, 2018
    JackNah_8, shellyg and GG.exe like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Werewolf

Werewolf Moderator

Western Bulldogs
    Other Teams:
    Footscray
    The word on the grapevine is that there's more carnage to come in Hollywood :eek:

The BIG X likes this.
  3. Iworkthecircus

Iworkthecircus Team Captain

GWS
    Who cares pushing there crap values onto everyone with there brain washing
    What's the biggest gang in the world ?

4. Snake_Baker

Snake_Baker Hall of Famer

North Melbourne
    Other Teams:
    Pfffft, as if!
    Oh dear.............

Weinstein rape accuser told him 'I love you' in emails released by mogul's defence

3 August 2018 • 7:21pm

One of the women accusing Harvey Weinstein of rape told the film producer “I love you” and repeatedly sought to meet with him, according to a series of emails filed in court by the former film mogul's lawyers.

Weinstein, 66, was charged on May 25 with four counts of sexual assault and two of rape. Five days later a Grand Jury indicted him, allowing the case to proceed to trial.

Yesterday (FRI) Weinstein’s lawyers filed court documents seeking to dismiss the charges, which claim the producer was “in a long-term, consensual, intimate relationship” with the accuser.

Benjamin Brafman, the high-powered celebrity lawyer representing Weinstein, produced a selection of emails from 400 communications between Weinstein and the unnamed woman.

The woman has accused Weinstein of raping her on March 18, 2013, in New York City.

Mr Brafman sought to undermine her accusations by producing a series of emails which he claimed demonstrated affection, even four years after the night in question.

“I love you, always do,” she wrote on February 8, 2017. “But I hate feeling like a booty call. :)

The emails were made public after Mr Brafman won permission from the judge in New York. They were from his work email, which he was prevented accessing due to Weinstein Company bankruptcy proceedings in Delaware.

Weinstein had been seeking access to the emails since October, shortly after his ouster from the company, arguing that they would help him defend himself from sexual misconduct allegations, both in civil and criminal court. The bankruptcy court granted him access in May.

Mr Brafman characterised the conversation as part of “an exchange of more than 400 warm, complimentary and solicitous emails”, stating that “never once in those communications claiming to have ever been harmed by Mr Weinstein.”

She emailed Weinstein to ask for his help with securing membership of private members’ club Soho House, and also suggested bringing her mother to meet Weinstein.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ser-told-love-emails-released-moguls-defence/

5. Snake_Baker

North Melbourne
    Other Teams:
    Pfffft, as if!
    ......and to think that Chief would have all males immediately locked up for allegations like this.

6. Chief

Chief Admin

Carlton
    You’re worried Harvey Weinstein might be arrested for sexual assault :) How sweet.

7. Snake_Baker

North Melbourne
    Other Teams:
    Pfffft, as if!
    Yeah, without due process and the facts being tabled.

8. Chief

Chief Admin

Carlton
    Did the police go to his house responding to a report of domestic violence in progress?

Did they?

If not, it doesn’t match the mandatory arrest laws in most jurisdictions that I looked at.

Happy to help you with anything else you don’t understand/didn’t even bother to read.

9. Snake_Baker

North Melbourne
    Other Teams:
    Pfffft, as if!
    Rape isn't "domestic violence"?

10. BlueE

BlueE All Australian

Fremantle
    Is that a rat with Andrew Gaff's face on it??? I was hoping he would go to Norf and be guaranteed on never winning a Premiership, keeping the karma boat going. Be thankful you didn't get him and now you have a chance to build up and you'll have a Premiership chance!

11. Chief

Chief Admin

Carlton
    We’re the police called out during or soon after the incident?

You know they weren’t.

You’re not a stupid man, you just play one on the internet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. Snake_Baker

North Melbourne
    Other Teams:
    Pfffft, as if!
    I'll put my hand up in this instance. I have been stunned by the unearthing of your lapse in to draconian statism.

The word "liberal" is quite possibly the most bastardised word in the contemporary English language.

13. GreyCrow

GreyCrow Hall of Famer

Adelaide
    Other Teams:
    Sturt, Redskins , White Sox
    You can give consent 400 times but only deny consent once for it still to be rape

14. Chief

Chief Admin

Carlton
    Yesterday (FRI) Weinstein’s lawyers filed court documents seeking to dismiss the charges, which claim the producer was “in a long-term, consensual, intimate relationship” with the accuser.

Exactly - the state of the relationship has little bearing on what might have happened. Relationships like this are complex things, and time after time people act in ways that seem contradictory and illogical to onlookers.

But hiding these details is a very bad look.

GreyCrow likes this.