Harvey?

Remove this Banner Ad

haha, I will say that Fremantler's in general do express their disappointment in a refreshingly humourous manner, as opposed to say Richmond, where it's all just seek and destroy. The match thread is a classic.

Was wondering what you guys are thinking about Harvey?

Has he got what it takes?
I am wondering about Mark. He looks puzzled in the box on game day ,he looks like he's just not sure.Freo should maybe look at Sheedy , a bona fide proven people manager and tactition and head coach. Fremantle deserve to be shown the way. Maybe I'm out of line here Freo people but your club has not had a proven AFL standard coach in all your history, just maybe its time to go down that path.
My club with Clarkeson was lucky ,nobody knew if he would be OK ,it turned out right.But Freo have had Neesham,Drum,Connolly Ben Allan for a bit and now nervous Mark Harvey and none seem to be able to do it right. Yesterday won't happen again but the club must move on with some hard nosed knowledge to ever improve . I'd be offering Mathews or Sheedy anything to come here for three or more years. I'm serious here no trolling or malice folks.

Was wondering what you guys are thinking about Harvey?

Has he got what it takes?

In a word..... no.

In two words......no way.

Move him on now and pick up a former West Australian in Dean Laidley who wouldn't put up with the shite that Freo have been dealing up for the last 15 years.

In a word..... no.

In two words......no way.

Move him on now and pick up a former West Australian in Dean Laidley who wouldn't put up with the shite that Freo have been dealing up for the last 15 years.

Why would anyone take Laidley as a senior coach? His win/loss record is average at best, his finals record is pathetic and his man management and media skills are non-existant. He would never cope with the pressures that come from being a coach of the '2nd' team in a two team town.

Harvey, in my view should be given more time with this list. We have had serious injury issues and last night was unfortunately one of those nights where all of our weaknesses were exploited fully. He made a decision last year to bring in 14 new players after we lost over a 1000 games in experience. This has really affected our depth but was a decision that we have never really made before in our history.

How many sides would struggle to be competitive without their captain, main ruckman, two of our most influential defenders (Johnson & Hayden), two of our most influential midfielders (Crowley and Palmer) and another key player in Headland (plus others). I think Geelong's loss is a good example of what mass injuries can do to a team.

spot on melbdocker.

Next year is when we will see if harvey has what it takes.
If theres no improvement then its time to consider someone else.

Min about 8-9 wins next year will show he is the right man for job.
Any less than that an IMO he will be struggling to keep job.

This years a write off coaches know that fans know that an prob players even feel that way.
Harvey has shown that he has the ability to get most players giving 100% week in week out.
Thats a big improvement from when we could go to games an within 1st 5mins we would know if good freo had turned up or bad freo had showed up.

Im sure we wont see another discgraceful performance like yesterday again this year.

spot on melbdocker.

Next year is when we will see if harvey has what it takes.
If theres no improvement then its time to consider someone else.

Min about 8-9 wins next year will show he is the right man for job.
Any less than that an IMO he will be struggling to keep job.

This years a write off coaches know that fans know that an prob players even feel that way.
Harvey has shown that he has the ability to get most players giving 100% week in week out.
Thats a big improvement from when we could go to games an within 1st 5mins we would know if good freo had turned up or bad freo had showed up.

Im sure we wont see another discgraceful performance like yesterday again this year.

Spot on.

Harvey, in my view should be given more time with this list. We have had serious injury issues and last night was unfortunately one of those nights where all of our weaknesses were exploited fully. He made a decision last year to bring in 14 new players after we lost over a 1000 games in experience. This has really affected our depth but was a decision that we have never really made before in our history.

How many sides would struggle to be competitive without their captain, main ruckman, two of our most influential defenders (Johnson & Hayden), two of our most influential midfielders (Crowley and Palmer) and another key player in Headland (plus others). I think Geelong's loss is a good example of what mass injuries can do to a team.

It the coaches job to teach these guys correct so no one gets hurt, If we add the hurt players plus the coaches rating it a very black day for the coach

Look at it this way
How many hurt player this year and last year and how many with other coaches
Look at this 2007 7 games 4 wins and 3 loss with 57%
2008 22 games 6 wins and 16 loss with 27%
2009 15 games 3 wins and 12 loss with 20%
his total win rate 29% and his total amount of players hurt...Next week we be lucky to get 22 men playing, It a total loss with this guy

I feel with the amount of men out hurt, There will be no more wins this year and the coach will hold one record
most amount loss by
most games loss
most players hurt
most fans walk out on games
I feel the board will bring this up, Harvs look like a stun deer on TV and guy who been broken and he lost control

If we run a company with this rate...it would close

Certainly agree Sman that 8-9 wins should be a target next year at least.

Grantly, the stats certainly do not lie and they certainly do not reflect well on Harvey or Freo which I understand.

However, I feel that comparing a football club to a company is not really fair. The injury situation is a concern but as an outsider, I certainly wouldn't comment on how the club goes about anything let alone medical processes. Not to mention the fact that footy is a contact game and injuries are quite frequent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It the coaches job to teach these guys correct so no one gets hurt, If we add the hurt players plus the coaches rating it a very black day for the coach

Look at it this way
How many hurt player this year and last year and how many with other coaches
Look at this 2007 7 games 4 wins and 3 loss with 57%
2008 22 games 6 wins and 16 loss with 27%
2009 15 games 3 wins and 12 loss with 20%
his total win rate 29% and his total amount of players hurt...Next week we be lucky to get 22 men playing, It a total loss with this guy

I feel with the amount of men out hurt, There will be no more wins this year and the coach will hold one record
most amount loss by
most games loss
most players hurt
most fans walk out on games
I feel the board will bring this up, Harvs look like a stun deer on TV and guy who been broken and he lost control

If we run a company with this rate...it would close

So why all the complaints about Murphy and Mundy? Harvey must have taught them correctly because they never get injured.

Certainly agree Sman that 8-9 wins should be a target next year at least.

Grantly, the stats certainly do not lie and they certainly do not reflect well on Harvey or Freo which I understand.

However, I feel that comparing a football club to a company is not really fair. The injury situation is a concern but as an outsider, I certainly wouldn't comment on how the club goes about anything let alone medical processes. Not to mention the fact that footy is a contact game and injuries are quite frequent.
Dew too the high risk of injuries the clubs pay a lot of cash to hire a guy to teach them to go as hard as they can with min risk, It a fine line and many clubs end up with more injuries than others

The big H is the man in change and the blame ends with him if we carry a high amount of injuries if he makes no changes to stop it, So far, it a dark dark day in his camp

The club is a company dew to the high amounts of cash it brings in, Any risk to this...there will be changes, we not a high school club (Sometimes i think we play that way)but many members have walk, 3000 from last year and the numbers of people who have gone to games has fallen 5% to %7

If the big H walks i hope he take the big R Heart with him, We hit a all time low, It could not crash and burn more than this unless the club lets it happen.

Dew too the high risk of injuries the clubs pay a lot of cash to hire a guy to teach them to go as hard as they can with min risk, It a fine line and many clubs end up with more injuries than others

The big H is the man in change and the blame ends with him if we carry a high amount of injuries if he makes no changes to stop it, So far, it a dark dark day in his camp

The club is a company dew to the high amounts of cash it brings in, Any risk to this...there will be changes, we not a high school club (Sometimes i think we play that way)but many members have walk, 3000 from last year and the numbers of people who have gone to games has fallen 5% to %7

If the big H walks i hope he take the big R Heart with him, We hit a all time low, It could not crash and burn more than this unless the club lets it happen.
Maybe its because of all the due on the grass lately there are so many injuries

add..Harvs on Tv today looks like he about to crack up, I dont think he taking this for real, the smerk even got my wife nasty

Maybe its because of all the due on the grass lately there are so many injuries
Thanks for bring that up, take a look at a game we played 3 or 4 weeks ago and all the dockers were slipping over, The guy who made the boot choice recalled players to change there boots

Simple error get guys hurt, That why we see so many staff on ground for warm up, They study the weather, Looks at the other side to see what there doing and they....MAKE THE CHOICES and the big H signs off on it

i think we will end up with a lot of the young guys washed out and hurt badly and next years line up will look much like this year, A lack of healthy players can hurt a team for years

The cats are starting to fall dew tooo...hurt players, I give the cat this year and toward next year they will be a mid rate team..that my view and it hold little water anyway :)

I am wondering about Mark. He looks puzzled in the box on game day ,he looks like he's just not sure.Freo should maybe look at Sheedy , a bona fide proven people manager and tactition and head coach. Fremantle deserve to be shown the way. Maybe I'm out of line here Freo people but your club has not had a proven AFL standard coach in all your history, just maybe its time to go down that path.
My club with Clarkeson was lucky ,nobody knew if he would be OK ,it turned out right.But Freo have had Neesham,Drum,Connolly Ben Allan for a bit and now nervous Mark Harvey and none seem to be able to do it right. Yesterday won't happen again but the club must move on with some hard nosed knowledge to ever improve . I'd be offering Mathews or Sheedy anything to come here for three or more years. I'm serious here no trolling or malice folks.

clarkson was not luck - he made 2 grand finals with his 2 years at central in the SANFL then was an assistant coach with the Power when they won the GF.

A lot of people seem to forget that we drafted 14 new players. Dropped about 1500+ games of experience in the middle of last year to the end.

People still think we are gonna rock up every week and lose by only 12-30 pts? Maybe pinch a few here and there?

We had a shocker, Adelaide were on fire. We have a bunch of s**t mid-level players that can't hold up their end of the bargain when our injuries hit. They will be gone at the end of the year and 6-8 newbies will be fronting up.

Suck it up people. Harvey had the guts to put us on this path where past coaches were too worried about their own bacon.

Get behind them, look for positives (10 of them so far this year!) and Go Freo!

I'm still on the Harvey wagon, and hell it's a bumpy fricken ride but i reckon it's taking all the right turns.

Ask me this time next year and I will reserve my judgement until then.

He has one of the toughest gigs in the country. Our list is unbelievably s**t. Really it's a disgrace that it has come this point. He will probably see out his contract but any more losses like last night and pressure will start to grow

If he can get this team out on the park from round 1:
B
: Broughton , Tarrant , Hayden
HB: Johnson, McPharlin , Suban
C: Hasleby , Ibbotson, Palmer
HF: Headland, Pavlich , Hill
F: Mayne, BARRY HALL , Ballantyne
Foll: Sandilands, Schammer, Crowley

I/C: (from) Solomon, Mundy, De Boer, Duffield

and all firing on all cyclinders then i reckon we will be in the 8 -2010 and Harvs will get a 2 year extension.
We are finally on the right track to have a descent crack over the years 2011-2014:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back