Billy Puller

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Hey guys heard from a real good source today Harwood wants out because he wants to play consistent footy. Must be at odds with the coach then if he thinks his form warrants it, hes on around 180k a year plus match intensives. Anyway just thought you guys would be interested.

Wouldnt be all that surprised. Contracted for next year and with our depth issues I can't see us letting him go..

I'd want out to. He's the one player that I've never understood his lack of selection.

I've found his regular non-selection this year perplexing (3 games to date in 2014), especially in comparison to say Golby (8 games) whose body of work this season has been awful. Not saying Harwood has set the world on fire, but considering we have lacked the type of player that performed the role that both he and Yeo performed this season, I'm very confused, unless Leppitsch just doesn't rate him or his work last season.

Hey guys heard from a real good source today Harwood wants out because he wants to play consistent footy. Must be at odds with the coach then if he thinks his form warrants it, hes on around 180k a year plus match intensives. Anyway just thought you guys would be interested.

Isn't that entirely up to him?

This rumour makes no sense.

How does a guy who isn't getting regular games in the team that is last on the ladder get regular games at the other 17 clubs?

I think this is a bit of smoke and mirrors. Harwood isn't far off finding the form he had last year ... he just hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire in the ressies.

Last edited:

How does a guy who isn't getting regular games in the team that is last on the ladder get regular games at the other 17 clubs?

I think this is a bit of smoke and mirrors. Harwood isn't far off finding the form he had last year ... he just hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire in the ressies.
Yeah strange rumour to be coming out after a win?

How about some constructive carlton matchday revisiting instead? :cool:

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-05-31/yarrans-costly-drop linked with some snoop dogg - dropping like it's hot?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure it is raised every week; there can be any number of reasons for guys not getting games.
Anyone could question why some players are left out while Golby is selected (just for example).
The fact of the matter is that unless you are very close to the player and coaching group, you'll never know.
Sent back to work on something, elevated to put something into practice, dumped for discipline or simply rested while someone or something is trialed.
Whatever the case is, it is almost definite that the player knows why.
A player not getting games doesn't automatically = unhappy.

I want to know what these intensives are.
Clearly we've found the reason he wants to leave, everyone else gets incentive's but poor old Ryan gets intensive punishments.

I must admit I've been a little mystified as to why he hasn't been getting games.
However, his performance against Carlton fit with some of the criticisms he's been getting in the reserves reports. He wasn't good enough defensively, and he didn't get much of the ball either(although he did look good when he had it).
He will need to do a lot more if he wants to stay in the team.

I must admit I've been a little mystified as to why he hasn't been getting games.
However, his performance against Carlton fit with some of the criticisms he's been getting in the reserves reports. He wasn't good enough defensively, and he didn't get much of the ball either(although he did look good when he had it).
He will need to do a lot more if he wants to stay in the team.

Leppa knows what it takes to be part of a premiership team (as did Vossy). I wouldn't be surprised if he's testing a few players who he thinks could possibly fit into his best 18 down the track when we are looking to realistically play finals. At this stage, not including any players over 28, I'd say they are:

Aish
Green
Rich
Hanley
Zorko
Paparone
Leuenberger
Taylor
Redden
Mayes
Rockliff

Hey, that's not a bad list of players; only another 7 to go :thumbsu:

It usually takes a nucleus of 24 - 27, but having a solid starting 18 is a great place to start.

Leuey, Zorks and Hanley the oldest of the above at 25 years of age :cool:

Heard from a real good source today I would trust it as well, I also find that perplexing, he must think his form warrants selection.

Heard from a real good source today I would trust it as well, I also find that perplexing, he must think his form warrants selection.
Any indication if it's just a matter of "Give me more games or I'm gone" or the possibility that he's pretty much out the door at the end of his contract?

Can't help but feel this is all a bit to soon, still plenty of footy to be played.

Any indication if it's just a matter of "Give me more games or I'm gone" or the possibility that he's pretty much out the door at the end of his contract?

Can't help but feel this is all a bit to soon, still plenty of footy to be played.

Hear he might look for a trade at the end of the year to somewhere, dunno how it will end up. I can ask for more details if you guys like

Remove this Banner Ad

Back