Rumour Harwood wants out

Remove this Banner Ad

possum8

All Australian
Mar 30, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I feel Harwoods disposal is pretty decent, but that is mainly because he picks a target and generally goes for the short option. Him and Jed both try to keep us playing down the corridor which is a good thing. I think there is room for both, if one has to play a tight lock down role the other can create the run.

People here grossly overrating Harwood's place in the back line. Adcock is THE backfield general and the most vocal out there, he's been playing short & tall, driving us from the back 50, leaving his own man to be third man up, he constantly takes a tackle & keeps his arms free to wait for a GOOD option and not just the first hospital handball he can get off, all this while Patfull has been down on form, Golby nowhere near where he was, Merrett missing and he's playing with a second year player in Clarke & 2 first year players at times in Gardiner & Cutler who play man on man and only have to really worry about that. He's the true enforcer in the back line like Rockliff is in the middle & Browny is up forward.

But yeah, Harwood can do that easily and Adcock gave away a free.

Without actually disagreeing with your point ... keeping someone on just because he is our most experienced ... would we be having the same conversation with our most experienced was a Collier/Stiller/Roe/Hawksley/Seldon type?
Don't forget Shelwood:p

Crawb

Norm Smith Medallist
SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Aug 11, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Sure he should be getting more games presently for us, but he is a depth player in any decent side. If he can't get regular games for the 18th team in the competition, where could he get regular games?

Skoob

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Comparing Jed and Rhino is incredibly shortsighted. I think Tairy, TBD and others have covered it pretty well.
As players they're not close and the mountain of other stuff that Jed offers isn't even worth mentioning in terms of having one or the other.

Sep 18, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Sometimes "good sources" aint that good. I live in Sam Mayes home town, played at his footy club, my dad inlaw is his dad's boss, and have numerous connections to him you would consider great sources. But the variation in rumours can be staggering... for everyones info considering I have great sources, Mayes is going to play out his current contract and explore returning to Adelaide to play for the crows; he is going to finish his career at the crows; oh he is also very happy at the lions with his girlfriend moving up soon!!!

#GrainOfSalt

Made $60 grand last month apparently **** me I would play reserves if I was making that sought of dosh
That sort of money could ruin you Billy, because you know you'd only spend it all on choof and your posting on Big Footy be shot to pieces. You would start creating random threads about contracted players who were thinking of leaving the club and ... oh, hang on. :drunk:

Eons

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool
That sort of money could ruin you Billy, because you know you'd only spend it all on choof and your posting on Big Footy be shot to pieces. You would start creating random threads about contracted players who were thinking of leaving the club and ... oh, hang on. :drunk:

Well, his name is Billy Puller after all ;) Can see him making a bong out of coke bottle, stealing hose from his next door neighbour to make the stem and wrapping foil around cardboard to make the cone. Right Billy?

Sep 24, 2009
Right here
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Australian International Sides

Yeah, thank Christ OH&S and The Mullers & Packers Unions EBA are insisting on several munchie breaks between heavy sessions on the wacky tobacky...:drunk:

Comparing Jed and Rhino is incredibly shortsighted. I think Tairy, TBD and others have covered it pretty well.
As players they're not close and the mountain of other stuff that Jed offers isn't even worth mentioning in terms of having one or the other.

I think they can play similarish roles (in a broad sense) but that says nothing of their comparative quality. I think a couple of others may have meant that too rather than Harwood = Adcock.

Well, his name is Billy Puller after all ;) Can see him making a bong out of coke bottle, stealing hose from his next door neighbour to make the stem and wrapping foil around cardboard to make the cone. Right Billy?

Speaking like a seasoned campaigner there eons :)

The main thing I have learnt from this rumour thread is that the youtube video for funniest scenes from Cheech and Chong's 'Up In Smoke' has one scene. And it's not funny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Billy Puller

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boston Celtics

Close.... Firstly a Gatorade bottle or ice tea bottle are my hickey sand easier I make a whole with as you have more Mir cause the bottle melts slower to react. Ice tea bottle just as good, and the old house jumping for hoses still occurs! And finally you go down I the smoke hop an get a cone piece in my wallet for $1 always keep it in my wallet been a lie saver

Sanchez365

Club Legend
May 9, 2011
Melbourne/New York City
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Close.... Firstly a Gatorade bottle or ice tea bottle are my hickey sand easier I make a whole with as you have more Mir cause the bottle melts slower to react. Ice tea bottle just as good, and the old house jumping for hoses still occurs! And finally you go down I the smoke hop an get a cone piece in my wallet for $1 always keep it in my wallet been a lie saver

Most Epic Post Of The Year.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

:confused:..I'm getting a headache!..:confused:

snooplions

Club Legend
Dec 2, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Just had a thought that turned into curiosity. This question and topic might be more suited to the go home five thread or whatever it is called. Anyway:
In the NRL it is not uncommon to see a player leave or be traded to another club and then return a few years later to their original club. This doesn't seem to happen at all in the AFL. I thought it should at least be prevalent in the wealthier clubs.. My questions are, are there any reasons for this not happening in the afl? Is there any chance of the go-home 5 and possibly harwood should he leave, returning to the brisbane lions? Also is there a risk of jackson paine being coaxed back to collingwood if he makes a name for himself as a gun forward?

There have been a few cases snooplions in recent years that spring to mind:

Trent Croad - Hawthorn, Fremantle, Hawthorn; and
Chris Tarrant - Collingwood, Fremantle, Colingwood.

Must be a Freo thing.:p

Warwick Capper was another - Sydney, Bears, Sydney.

Peter Bell was another Freo player who did the same. Although he started at the Dockers, was delisted, then became a dual premiership player and All Australian at North. Then Freo decided they liked him well enough and traded him back.

And that right there is pretty much the story of the first ten years of the Fremantle Football Club.

Looking at the examples it often seems that players return back to their original club when that club is from their home state.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back