Has anyone actually ever seen Valente?

Remove this Banner Ad

Can I just say that discovering Valente had mental health concerns made me feel quite guilty about starting this thread? Weirdly, for someone who struggles to give a sh*t about most things most days, I started then being concerned about the cumulative effect of sites such as this, and the hellscape that is social media, on young dudes fresh out of school, away from home, trying their best to overcome obstacles out of their control in a brutally hyper-competitive environment.

And then I thought, fu** 'em.

Nah, I hope Luke gets his sh*t together. I also hope he gets his sh*t together, plays excellent football for the Fremantle Dockers and lives to a ripe old age, happy and content with all he has done and seen, and chuckling to himself every now and then about that time, you remember...
Let’s face it, young away from home, spending a lot of time in the rehab group and seeing your AFL dream not happening would make anybody have mental health issues.

You wonder if the arrival of Brodie will be a setback for Luke’s chances of game time next year?
Realistically they are probably both going for the same position.
I don’t think either can be slotted in on a hall forward flank so will be interesting to see which of them, or indeed if either of them, gets midfield minutes next year.

You wonder if the arrival of Brodie will be a setback for Luke’s chances of game time next year?
I don’t think either can be slotted in on a hall forward flank so will be interesting to see which of them, or indeed if either of them, gets midfield minutes next year.
I agree.

Brodie would ahead of Valente at the moment.

I think you are right. Not the most versatile pair 9n the list from their profiles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am sure it will.
The club have been very quiet about why he left when he did.I thought he was in the mix to play when he left.
Hopefully he is well and truely mended now.
I am sure he will be a huge boost for us.

I suspect it was a personal matter that the club didn't feel obliged to publicise. Well handled if that was the case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back