Alien/UFO Has anyone else on here seen a UFO?

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine the resources they'd have to spend to travel thousands of light years to make contact with us, then they arrive, walk to a fence, and then leave.

Yep.
You're imagining space travel circa 2020.
It's only been 2500 years from horse travel to walking on the Moon.
It's like a Roman asking how would they ride the horse to the Moon and back.

You're imagining space travel circa 2020.
It's only been 2500 years from horse travel to walking on the Moon.
It's like a Roman asking how would they ride the horse to the Moon and back.

I think if there were a super advanced life form capable of bending the laws of physics and space then there would be evidence of them with energy harvested from stars or mega structures.

Chances are, if they exist, they travel around space within the laws of physics, eg not faster than the speed of light, and it would take them an INCREDIBLE amount of time and resources to reach us... If they even wanted to.

And of course they always look very similar to humans, and when you look at the genetic diversity on our planet alone the chance of an alien having 2 arms 2 legs a body and a head all in human shape is well... slim...
Yes there are body shapes perfectly evolved for specific environments.
I'm no evolution expert but for what humans have been able to achieve, maybe there is a perfect body shape for using tools, building structures and harnessing your own environment.

Yes there are body shapes perfectly evolved for specific environments.
I'm no evolution expert but for what humans have been able to achieve, maybe there is a perfect body shape for using tools, building structures and harnessing your own environment.

Your sample size is one planet and you're already ready to use the term "perfect"...

If it wasn't for an asteroid this planet would still be ruled by overgrown lizards. Chances are if we saw an alien it would be something beyond our wildest imagination.

Imagine never seeing an aquatic animal in your life then seeing an octopus, your mind would be blown that such a thing could exist... And Octupuses share DNA with many other earth animals... now imagine something that shares NO DNA and evolved in an COMPLETELY different environment... Our brains cannot even begin to comprehend what we could be looking at, which is why our dumb brains always default back to the "small human with big eyes in a flying saucer"

I think if there were a super advanced life form capable of bending the laws of physics and space then there would be evidence of them with energy harvested from stars or mega structures.

Chances are, if they exist, they travel around space within the laws of physics, eg not faster than the speed of light, and it would take them an INCREDIBLE amount of time and resources to reach us... If they even wanted to.
I can't tell you how they do it, so don't look to me for those answers.

Your sample size is one planet and you're already ready to use the term "perfect"...

If it wasn't for an asteroid this planet would still be ruled by overgrown lizards. Chances are if we saw an alien it would be something beyond our wildest imagination.

Imagine never seeing an aquatic animal in your life then seeing an octopus, your mind would be blown that such a thing could exist.
And after 50 million years of evolution, might those lizards walk on two legs and use tools with their hands?

Well.. they already did walk on two legs... and you don't have use for tools when your mouth can rip all your enemies apart and keep you well fed.
What if instead of always chasing your prey you use tools to build traps to trap them instead? Or catch some and build pens to breed them for eating later?

I can't tell you how they do it, so don't look to me for those answers.

That's the point, no one knows for sure, but we have to make our best guesses based on science and reason.

I think it's a lot more reasonable to assume an advanced alien would travel around space following the laws of physics, rather than flying across galaxies in a few hours or teleporting...

What if instead of always chasing your prey you use tools to build traps to trap them instead? Or catch some and build pens to breed them for eating later?

If you needed to do that to survive then maybe, but if you're already a big dumb killing machine who is the undisputed king, why would you change? Humans started using tools because we are small and weak and can't fight our way to the top.

The beasts at the top have no need to develop that so they didn't/won't.

That's the point, no one knows for sure, but we have to make our best guesses based on science and reason.

I think it's a lot more reasonable to assume an advanced alien would travel around space following the laws of physics, rather than flying across galaxies in a few hours or teleporting...
Agree. But how else do you explain their presence?

Imagine never seeing an aquatic animal in your life then seeing an octopus, your mind would be blown that such a thing could exist... And Octupuses share DNA with many other earth animals... now imagine something that shares NO DNA and evolved in an COMPLETELY different environment... Our brains cannot even begin to comprehend what we could be looking at, which is why our dumb brains always default back to the "small human with big eyes in a flying saucer"

My guess is you're using that self-same 'dumb-brain' to come up with these postulations.....Nice to be the only one to have 'evolved' & transcended beyond it then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you needed to do that to survive then maybe, but if you're already a big dumb killing machine who is the undisputed king, why would you change? Humans started using tools because we are small and weak and can't fight our way to the top.

The beasts at the top have no need to develop that so they didn't/won't.
That's true. But the reptiles were already changing. Some were flying.

That's true. But the reptiles were already changing. Some were flying.

Well... yea... but i think we're getting off topic a bit. The point is we needed a meteor to kill everything bigger than us for us to even take over our own planet, we didn't take over because we're the "perfect" designed body, we have a good brain and got very lucky.

If you want to see a "perfect" body look at a Stegosaurus... man is a literal walking tank that even the baddest carnivores in history would run from. In contract, we are frail little bags of meat and thin bones.

It's just as likely that an alien is built like a 3 tonne stegosaurus than a 3ft mini-human with big eyes..

if there are other civilizations i dont believe any are advanced from each other. just like the entire earth advancing all at the same time together, i think the universe is the same, planets advancing at the same rate as others. so if we havent invented advanced interstellar travel yet then i dont think any other planets have yet

There are some countries sending probes to saturn while others can't even make enough food for their people.

Why do planets advance at the same rate? Some planets may be billions of years older than others

Well... yea... but i think we're getting off topic a bit. The point is we needed a meteor to kill everything bigger than us for us to even take over our own planet, we didn't take over because we're the "perfect" designed body, we have a good brain and got very lucky.

If you want to see a "perfect" body look at a Stegosaurus... man is a literal walking tank that even the baddest carnivores in history would run from. In contract, we are frail little bags of meat and thin bones.

It's just as likely that an alien is built like a 3 tonne stegosaurus than a 3ft mini-human with big eyes..
Yes and it had a brain the size of a walnut.
Big and dumb is good for some things, reptiles that were small and agile survived better though. Developing better eyesight, fingers and a larger brain is better.

There are some countries sending probes to saturn while others can't even make enough food for their people.

Why do planets advance at the same rate? Some planets may be billions of years older than others
hey its just a not well thought out theory i concocted... m no need to utterly destroy it with supreme logic :(

Imagine the resources they'd have to spend to travel thousands of light years to make contact with us, then they arrive, walk to a fence, and then leave.

Yep.

And of course they always look very similar to humans, and when you look at the genetic diversity on our planet alone the chance of an alien having 2 arms 2 legs a body and a head all in human shape is well... slim...
Probably very little resources, and that's why they did it haha. Also they don't look like humans in this instance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back