Has anyone ever bought furniture from Franco Cozzo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Cats2001!

Team Captain
Mar 12, 2001
Melbourne, Vic
Just wondering if he sells much.

I never have bought any, or gone into the shop for that matter. He advertises quite a bit late at night, and alot of the furniture shown is the exact SAME vision that was shown on the same ad in the 80's!

Have you ever been in there? If so, what branch? Brunswick or Footesgray?

Love Franco! Kitschiest crud in the World. And I love kitsch.

Have you heard the single that was released (in the early 80s I think) that samples the ad? Classic!

Never bought any of his shell-shaped beds though. One day!

Originally posted by PeteLX

Have you heard the single that was released (in the early 80s I think) that samples the ad? Classic!

No, but I have seen a different versin of the ad. Filmed a bit later, it has his son on it too, Lou Cozzo :D

PS - sorry for all the interstaters, but this is in reference to an old Melbourne Commercial.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but diddnt he used to be in Northa Melbourne and Footesgray? Or was it always Brunswick?

Alright, I'm going to need some help from my Italian and Greek friends, but I'm happy to start it off ...

Grand Sale! Grand Sale! Grand Sale!
Where?
In Brunnaswick and Footisgrey.
Franco Cozzo hassa the pleasure to presenta to you ...
Il Modernissimo
Bedroom suites, dining suites, and wonderful lounges
Whya don't you come for yourself, and hava look at dis magnifico Il Modernissimo, only can found from Franco Cozzo.
Buy from Franco Cozzo!

Originally posted by Danny Chook Fan Club

Grand Sale! Grand Sale! Grand Sale!
Where?
In Brunnaswick and Footisgrey.
Franco Cozzo hassa the pleasure to presenta to you ...
Il Modernissimo
Bedroom suites, dining suites, and wonderful lounges
Whya don't you come for yourself, and hava look at dis magnifico Il Modernissimo, only can found from Franco Cozzo.
Buy from Franco Cozzo!

2 sad things about this post:

1. The fact that you remembered all this
2. And the fact that as I read it I was nodding my head, chuckling and saying "yep, that sounds familiar"

Originally posted by Cats2001!
Just wondering if he sells much.

He use to make a roaring trade a few years back when his son worked in the store,but for some strange reason his son always did business out the back of the shop & the stuff people bought could be carried home in their pockets. :p

Re: Re: Has anyone ever bought furniture from Franco Cozzo?

Originally posted by JUBJUB
He use to make a roaring trade a few years back when his son worked in the store,but for some strange reason his son always did business out the back of the shop & the stuff people bought could be carried home in their pockets. :p

JUBJUB,

So, does this mean the younger Mr Cotzo was being naughty, selling some crack and pot-zo on the side?? :D;):p:D

Cheers!! :cool:
SeinDude

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If itsa furniture you want to bay
Franco Cozzo issa not far away
Inna Norta Melbourne, Footiscray anna Brunsawick
Comprare da Franco Cozzo

I heard a rumour a few years ago that the reason his ads reappear every few months is that they are a message to his customers that a new "shipment" has arrived.

Of course, I don't believe a word of it. Franco's as honest as a Griffith tomato farmer:D

I was in his Brunswick store not so long back and absolutely adored the furniture he had on display. In these days of dull, minimalist "Ikea" style crap, devoid of personality, here is furniture just screaming out for love ann attention. Just stunning stuff and one of these days I'll fill my house with it, put on my skivvy, open a bottle of Tia Maria and kick back with a Peter Styvestant.

I reckon it is wonderful that Franco is still operating and on TV. He's an individual and in some strange way that really makes no sense, it is reassuring to know he's there.

The ads are back! Memories and thread restored!

I saw an ad a few months back, in the middle of an Ashes highlights package of all things.

Raises a few questions.

1. Why is he advertising? Simply to attract the lucrative late-night-television,-cashed-up public?
2. How is he advertising? ("Hello Channel 9?, I'd like one ad, please... No, just the one")
3. Who is buying this stuff? I mean for sure it had it's market back in the day, but I fear the demand for some old world charm is, well, dying off. In a manner of speaking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back