FTA-TV Has anyone here auditioned for Hot Seat Millionaire?

Remove this Banner Ad

I did the second stage (the first stage is online) about year and a half ago. there are a few stages to it first part a quiz (same as the show four options each) of about 20 or 30 questions, they then cut all the muppets, cut off point was exactly what I got, but i think it depends on numbers. after that you a quick 30 second talk in front of a camera i.e. name, occupation, and a quick funny story/talent or something unique you'd do with the money, they also get you to fill in some paperwork with other stories etc.

hint, have your story/speech ready and practice it in front of mirror or friends/family, they want people with a bit of confidence, or a different look. I wore my hi-viz work shirt and work boots, as i came straight from work thought id was a way to stand out. anyway as mentioned that was a year and half ago, was pumped expecting a call straight away, but nothing ........ until a few weeks ago the rang and offered me shot. we shot the episode yesterday.

the day itself was a ball they shoot 6 eps so there 35 other people there, the first part is a walk through of how it all works, some dos and donts, then we were allocated episodes and seat number. after that we went onto the set (its tiny) to do a dry run with a fake eddy, where you practice your little wave at the camera to start, as well as go thru our contestant cards to make sure all info is correct and have a practice answering/passing questions.

then it was lunch, make up, hair etc

after lunch we sat in a room and waited our episode to be shot, we were able to watch live feed of whats being taped etc.it was pretty quick the knock over a episode in 30-35 minutes, then eddy goes and changes his tie and new contestants go in.

once on stage it was a blur, big ed came out and before i know it i was being introduced I panicked and a wiggles type finger/pistol wave (big chance of me looking like a tool). the people beofre me answered some questions, few passed and soon enough i was in the seat, and then.....

episode should be on in a few weeks, will let you know...

as mentioned if you get a chance to go on, go for it had a ball the missus came in as my support person and go to sit with us in the back room afterwards.

D
I did the second stage (the first stage is online) about year and a half ago. there are a few stages to it first part a quiz (same as the show four options each) of about 20 or 30 questions, they then cut all the muppets, cut off point was exactly what I got, but i think it depends on numbers. after that you a quick 30 second talk in front of a camera i.e. name, occupation, and a quick funny story/talent or something unique you'd do with the money, they also get you to fill in some paperwork with other stories etc.

hint, have your story/speech ready and practice it in front of mirror or friends/family, they want people with a bit of confidence, or a different look. I wore my hi-viz work shirt and work boots, as i came straight from work thought id was a way to stand out. anyway as mentioned that was a year and half ago, was pumped expecting a call straight away, but nothing ........ until a few weeks ago the rang and offered me shot. we shot the episode yesterday.

the day itself was a ball they shoot 6 eps so there 35 other people there, the first part is a walk through of how it all works, some dos and donts, then we were allocated episodes and seat number. after that we went onto the set (its tiny) to do a dry run with a fake eddy, where you practice your little wave at the camera to start, as well as go thru our contestant cards to make sure all info is correct and have a practice answering/passing questions.

after lunch we sat in a room and waited our episode to be shot, we were able to watch live feed of whats being taped etc.it was pretty quick the knock over a episode in 30-35 minutes, then eddy goes and changes his tie and new contestants go in.

once on stage it was a blur, big ed came out and before i know it i was being introduced I panicked and a wiggles type finger/pistol wave (big chance of me looking like a tool). the people beofre me answered some questions, few passed and soon enough i was in the seat, and then.....

as mentioned if you get a chance to go on, go for it had a ball the missus came in as my support person and go to sit with us in the back room afterwards.

Do they tell you before hand that if you say an answer and Eddie says "Final Answer?" or "Do you want to lock that in?" that it is wrong and you should guess something else?

D

Do they tell you before hand that if you say an answer and Eddie says "Final Answer?" or "Do you want to lock that in?" that it is wrong and you should guess something else?

dont recall, but eddy prompts people in what their answer is going to be, they also tell you to verbalize your thought process.

Thanks Mate, It sounds like an experience no matter if i make it onto the show or not . I will give it a go next Month :)

Can you give us an air date?

Or are you going to be anon?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i got invited to the second round but got blind drunk the night before and woke up too late the next day.

dont recall, but eddy prompts people in what their answer is going to be, they also tell you to verbalize your thought process.

it doesn't really matter now but in the old version where it was one person per episode, i used to get so frustrated with people who would go the 50/50 and when eddie would ask which two are you tossing up they'd go "ummmm a and c" and then a and c would be the two left behind.... EVERY.... *******.... TIME

how hard is to pick one that you think it might be and one that you know it isn't....

Basically it. I applied mid-2009, did the audition early 2010, filmed August 2010 and was on air two weeks later. Happy to answer other questions.

No, nothing like that was ever mentioned but I know exactly what you are getting at. He is always quick to lock in the correct answer and will always give multiple shots if the wrong answer is 'locked in'.

how did you go?

was it better/worse/easier than expected?

This week was the last recording of MillionaireHS for a couple of months. So Blues Man it could be awhile before you do your studio thing.

As regards Eddie helping you. Maybe at the lower level questions he will quickly lock in the right answer if you give it but at the higher money levels he is deadset even with his clues as there is a representative of the insurance coy that has to pay out the amounts above a $ figure making sure of that very fact just sitting up the back watching the proceedings.

Just an update ...did the Audition yesterday and made it through to stage two ...now just a matter of waiting to see if i get selected ...I'm not holding my Breath as i wasn't happy with the Video interview part :/ But overall it was a great experience and i met some interesting people :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back