FTA-TV Has anyone here auditioned for Hot Seat Millionaire?

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone else noticed how Eddie blatantly helps contestants with the answers?

tumblr_m8i7qoIROq1qk1w1q.gif

Just an update ...did the Audition yesterday and made it through to stage two ...now just a matter of waiting to see if i get selected ...I'm not holding my Breath as i wasn't happy with the Video interview part :/ But overall it was a great experience and i met some interesting people :)

What weren't you happy with?

I got an email a couple of weeks ago inviting me to the Adelaide auditions, and went last night. Pretty cool experience. I did well enough on the quiz (21/30) to stay back and do the second portion. Not sure how i went on that bit but i think i did ok. I pretty much filled the questionnaire form up so hopefully they find something in it that's worth putting me on the telly for. Wasn't super happy with my 1 minute on camera story but whatever, i've given it a go so if it happens, it happens. Was a bit of fun either way.

I would say that if you have good general knowledge, when you go to the audition and do the quiz straight up, if you reckon you're going really well, tank a few of the answers.

In my experience, they don't want know it alls on the show, they want average Joe with a bit of personality.

Edit : Oops, too late.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bump. For those interested my ep is on tonight

The sultan aka Travis

That woman who was on just after you who took the final question shops at my work.

Seriously unlucky, 2 geographical questions involving corsica within the same show is bloody weird

Didn't get home from work in time, result?

Well done on getting on though

was fifth in line, got to the seat with the million still in play answered 7 or so questions straight and bombed out on the $250k, one short of the $ Million question...

thanks for the comments, in lieu of my new found fame I will soon be touring Westfield shopping centres and am in negotiation to appear on the next season of celebrity splash, though i may be a bit too talented.

re the doubling up of the Mediterranean island questions, it did throw me a bit, Eddie did a bit of yammering about how the questions are random etc, which chewed up a bit of time, no excuse though i was lucky to get that far, i guessed a few of them albeit an educated guess.

After I walked off stage i stood from the wings and watched the last lady, after she bombed out one of the producers came up to me and asked did i know that one, i didnt but would have guessed either b or c. think B was the correct answer.

i was pretty blase about the whole thing until that night in bed when I was going over the events in my head and realised i was within 2 questions of a million dollars which equates to a 16 to 1 shot... needless to say didnt sleep too well that night

Slightly off topic, but applied for the "new quiz/game" show that ch7 have been advertising, got the audition tomorrow night, will post after that fact what it's all about.

Slightly off topic, but applied for the "new quiz/game" show that ch7 have been advertising, got the audition tomorrow night, will post after that fact what it's all about.
theres a new quiz show on channel 7??

i need to check this out

Bump.

I went to the latest Melbourne auditions for Hot Seat, which were held on Tuesday.

I got through the test with a high enough score, so got to sit the video audition. I was in the last group of 7 to go on camera, so I got to sit through about 60 or 70 people telling their one minute to camera while the rest of us acted as an audience.

The majority of people choose to spend the minute talking about some personal trauma or disappointment that has befallen them. I heard several tales of horrendous personal injuries, several people who had partners walk out on them and three separate stories of houses saved/partners met during the Ash Wednesday bushfires (but none from Black Saturday - interesting). I guess most people have had to overcome major trauma or disappointment at some point in their lives, whereas extreme success is either harder to come by or harder to recognise. It's also (maybe subconsciously) seen as a way of gaining sympathy from a hypothetical TV audience.

Most of the rest either talk about travel or do exactly what they've been told not to do - that is, waste time giving out their stats ("Hi, my name is Barry. I'm 43, I live in Beaumaris, I have four kids" etc).

I have to say, it's really hard avoiding those traps. But if you do (and I saw a few who were unique, or bubbly or funny) then you'll go a long way to getting on the program.

Also there aren't many people between the ages of 25 and 40 who apply, so there's a definite opportunity for those who fall into that age bracket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back