FTA-TV Has anyone here auditioned for Hot Seat Millionaire?

Remove this Banner Ad

TV networks are just extremely frugal. I mean they only ever screen three new eps. a week of this with two repeats, have many non ratings periods. It's probably gotten to the stage where even this is considered largesse. Look at things like Border Security or RBT...you could make an endless amount of those, but they make only enough for repeats to be viable...maybe as few as six per year...!! Pathetic!!

It is getting worse.

The BBC with their 1% club they filmed here in Melbourne went to a new low.

1st ALL contestants had to make their own way to Melbourne for the filming.

As an example, Millionaire would fly you and your partner from whatever interstate city to Melbourne and back. Pay for your transport to the accomodation. Put you up at a Travelodge or Quest, ok, its not the Ritz Carlton but its not exactly St Kilda back packers either. Would pay for transport back to the airport.

1% club. no accomodation, no free meal, no travel costs covered, nothing.

Every other production will look at that business model now and go.. hmmm, lets try that to reduce expenses and increase profit.

It is getting worse.

The BBC with their 1% club they filmed here in Melbourne went to a new low.

1st ALL contestants had to make their own way to Melbourne for the filming.

As an example, Millionaire would fly you and your partner from whatever interstate city to Melbourne and back. Pay for your transport to the accomodation. Put you up at a Travelodge or Quest, ok, its not the Ritz Carlton but its not exactly St Kilda back packers either. Would pay for transport back to the airport.

1% club. no accomodation, no free meal, no travel costs covered, nothing.

Every other production will look at that business model now and go.. hmmm, lets try that to reduce expenses and increase profit.

I've watched that show once or twice and is actually not bad.

If it wasnt for the annoying af dickhead who hosts it who I just want to punch in the head everytime he opens his ****ing mouth.

And PS. Just a note to channel 7. When you're displaying questions on a quiz show- DONT have ******* promos in the corner of the screen covering up one of the multiple choice answers, making it incredibly difficult to play along at home.

FMD srsly... /rant over.

If you haven't put your hand up to go on MHS then now is the time.

Daily Mail reporting the show will be axed and replaced with, believe it or not, something made with Australians but in the UK!

Great call RH

Eddie (not everywhere) just announced its demise on 3aw breakfast show today

Gameshows are so tight-arsed these days. MHS gone. Hardly anyone wins on the Chase and the cash pool up for grabs is usually pretty low. Keeping odd hours as I do I find myself catching the odd episode of Million Dollar Minute now and again. That show was generous.

Gameshows are so tight-arsed these days. MHS gone. Hardly anyone wins on the Chaser and the cash pool up for grabs is usually pretty low. Keeping odd hours as I do I find myself catching the odd episode of Million Dollar Minute now and again. That show was generous.
Is actually embarrassing the amount of prize money they offer on that show. And then if you say get the highest amount, you then split it up to four ways with other noobs who may not have contributed anywhere near that? GTFO

Only one worse is Pointless. That is a crack up, a whole hour fighting it out over a thousand pounds :tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually went to a taping of SOTC back in high school for media studies. Glenn Ridge was host with Jo Bailey as she was then before she shacked up with Steve Silvagni. Fine woman then. Still a fine woman now. They'd do a week's worth of shows in one day and the carryover champ had to change clothes after every stint. Pete Smith, the voiceover guy, also did audience warmup where he'd fire jokes and quiz questions at us in between tapings.

I won a bag of chockies and some redskins:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back