Has anyone NOT watched the Grand Final?

Remove this Banner Ad

The 2017 Grand Final equals the following movies from these genres:

Comedy - Jack & Jill (2011)
Western - Heaven's Gate (1980)
Super Hero - Batman & Robin (1997)
Science Fiction - Battlefield Earth (2000)
War - Inchon (1982)
Horror - The Swarm (1978)
Drama - Mommie Dearest (1981)
Musical - At Long Last Love (1975)
Children's Movie - The Cat in the Hat (2004)
Christmas - Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas (2014)

Impressive list of vintage VHS

I haven't watched a Grand Final in its totality for many years, most of the recent Grand Finals there's been a decent deficit between the two teams by the last quarter that I just switch off or I find the game being boring and I find something else to do. It's not like I'm gonna miss anything, there's gonna be a billion replays of all the key plays from now until the next season starting anyway so it's hardly become compulsive viewing for me

Haven't watched it yet, though I did watch the highlights. It was a 5:30am start here in Europe and there was no pub willing to stay open that late to show the game. Couldn't be arsed watching it in bed by myself.
Where in Europe are you? Couldn’t be a big city as you’d find somewhere that would show it.

I watched the umpires do everything they could to give Richmond free kicks. Their blatant biased performance was more laughable than the Zoolander sequel.
I know many think those 5 extra free kicks we had accounted for our 8 goal win however I prefer to look at the 30 more contested possessions as a deciding factor. You’d think the crows would be fresher as well considering they had almost an extra 24 hrs to prepare.

On Derby form that year, probably Eagles. But tough to know. We would have gone in with a lot of the team from 2013 who had something to prove
I think we missed out on a great GF by seeing Hawthorn beat you. West Coast could've made it somewhat competitive but they probably played their worst game since they were introduced to the competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we missed out on a great GF by seeing Hawthorn beat you. West Coast could've made it somewhat competitive but they probably played their worst game since they were introduced to the competition.
Would have been an emotional GF that's for sure. Although it is worth noting that Fyfe would have been missing with his broken leg.

I missed Hawthorn-Fremantle as I was at work
I missed Hawthorn-Sydney as I was travelling
I missed Hawthorn-West Coast as I was at work

Thankgod I got a new roster on the dawn of the 2016 season meaning I will never miss a football game due to work again (Well, unless we get a Monday Night or Tuesday game in ANZAC round)

and no, it wasn't to avoid Hawthorn, 2008 would've been my favourite game as a neutral until 2011 Collingwood-Geelong

five at the start. five at the end. five mins at the party and five again with a slash in between the medal awards and the
party concert. so I saved over an hour and a half of mindlessness in the total stash of game time. Lucky me... :thumbsu:

I went shopping with the misses :$

Honestly the first one I've ever missed but after the previous year I just went.....meh!

A bit like 90 percent of our bulldogs players - I just couldn't be ****ed with 2017 :p

Haven’t seen the past 2 grand finals and also haven’t seen 2013, the 2010 replay or 2011

I have never not watched a GF. Grand final day is like my Christmas. That being said there have been some that have bored the living s**t out of me.

Hawthorn v Sydney the second game I left the pub halfway through.

The Richmond V Adelaide one was boring too.

I haven't watched it. I very rarely watch matches where my team's not in it, and even then it's usually just the highlights.

Nah. Why would I? Stupid finals series for Swans supporters. And for Bombers, Cats, Crows supporters.

Week 1 We made Essendon look stupid.

Which in itself soon looked stupid too because

Week 2 Geelong made us look stupid.

Week 3 Adelaide made them look stupid.

Grand Final day Richmond made them look stupid.

So each week made it clear in retrospect that the previous week (or weeks) had actually been only stupid. With ever-increasing concentrations of stupid, mind you.

In a way, of the five teams listed above, Bombers at least had enough common sense to get smashed first, and spare their fans the exponential increases in stupidity that followed.

Full marks to Richmond. Only team that never once looked stupid in any week of the finals. But why would I watch that?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back