has anyone rung the club to ask them?

Remove this Banner Ad

Carey to retire?
Sportal

Kangaroos skipper Wayne Carey is reportedly on the verge of retirement after a personal dispute with one of his teammates.
Carey, arguably one of the best players in the history of the AFL and captain of the Roos’ 1996 and 1999 premiership teams, is believed to have been involved in an incident at the weekend at a party held by one of his teammates.

Officials from the club are meeting with Carey’s manager Ricky Nixon this afternoon in Melbourne over the incident, with one other senior player said to be ready to quit if a resolution is not found to his satisfaction.

Carey has been the Kangaroos’ on-field leader since the beginning of the 1993 season, when he was appointed by current coach Denis Pagan soon after Pagan was installed in the role.

The centre half-forward was drafted from Wagga Wagga via North Adelaide in 1989, and was last year named captain of its Team of the Century.

After a decorated career that has spanned 13 seasons, Carey’s reputation became a little tarnished last year when he managed just 14 games because of persistent injuries, and in the matches he did play was a shadow of his former self.

Carey also made headlines just over six years ago when a female university student had him charged with assault after alleging that he had fondled her breasts at a nightclub, and Carey later settled out of court when the woman filed a civil suit against him.

I was having a good day until now :( :( Now I feel like I've got giant behemoths flapping around my stomach. :(
Let's hope it's just a storm in a teacup.....

Shinners,

"All parties" are in the meeting at the moment."

I asked for further clarification and he was unable to give any - and I think I believe him.
(I won't name the spokesman-but he asked me were I heard this and I said a footy site - with all North supporters "worried".:(

Colbert

Ive rung my brother who is trying to get in touch with a few people but he seems to belive that Leigh Colbert and him had a dust up with a 3rd player getting involved to

I notice the morons are having a field day on the AFL board saying that it must be Sydney's fault, Caro's faultl, etc - I suggest you all go and tell these morons where to go and hope Karma gets them! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

This is horrid- I heard it on the radio- on the way back from tennis- and I was like WTF?!

It really does ruin my day- why should Carey go- if Colbert was the other player- IMO- he should be the one to leave- he hasnt done alot for us- Carey has done bloody everything for us- accept win the brownlow- but that is only 1/16 us!

Go Roos
STAY CAREY-We love u- dont worry about the other player- u r the greatest player in afl history (well almost) u deserve ur spot in the side- dont let neone put you off!
What if he retires?! Who will be our captain? What will happen- the team would break down I am sure of it!

Grasping at straws and getting very far ahead, but Wayne Carey, Anthony Stevens, and now Leigh Colbert are all said to be involved. If this is the trio, then who the hell would lead the club!?

i'd assume that these three are your best leaders, and that after this kind of incident, none of them would be seen as suitable?

The Hitman

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by tashibatts
This is horrid- I heard it on the radio- on the way back from tennis- and I was like WTF?!

It really does ruin my day- why should Carey go- if Colbert was the other player- IMO- he should be the one to leave- he hasnt done alot for us- Carey has done bloody everything for us- accept win the brownlow- but that is only 1/16 us!

Go Roos
STAY CAREY-We love u- dont worry about the other player- u r the greatest player in afl history (well almost) u deserve ur spot in the side- dont let neone put you off!
What if he retires?! Who will be our captain? What will happen- the team would break down I am sure of it!
Tashi,
none of this "almost" stuff, Carey is the the greatest player ever.
Having said that, there is no proof that Colbert was involved, no point saying colbert should go until we find out the details.

There is no way we will know the full story for at least a few days, so I think we should just say nothing about the speculation of what was done and pray the duck stays with us!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back