Politics Has Australia's involvement in the "war on terror" been worthwhile?

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Has it? Has it been worth all the bullshit? Has it been worth the cost of the incursions to our civil liberties and peace of mind?

Personally, I would walk away from the ANZUS treaty in a heartbeat if I could wind the clock back to 11/11/2001.

Have they found all the missing girls in Nigeria yet?

So no, we can't cower under the bed and blame priests for modern slaughtering of innocents worldwide.

• Banned
Have they found all the missing girls in Nigeria yet?

So no, we can't cower under the bed and blame priests for modern slaughtering of innocents worldwide.

Honestly, I couldn't give a **** about any missing girls in Nigeria or any other country for that matter' when it comes to forfeiting the safety and civil rights of me and mine to religious nutters.

The whole thing has been a complete ****ing racket!

That's assuming Islam wasn't going to seek attention regardless, through globalization and technology.

Like antifa they beat their little peckers to death on social media until it bursts into public displays of cowardice.

Waiting for the motherload of attacks is probably worse than taking scumbags on directly and dealing with grass root massacres.

What does "worth it" mean?

Between Iraq and Afghanistan (not getting into how much the Syrian mess is a result of the second Iraq invasion, if at all) there would be over a million premature civilian deaths (not just directly through the fighting, but adding as Lancet do deaths from the interruptions to water, food and medical supplies, etc : US/UK/Aus govt figures are only those bodies which have been seen and reported, and are directly a cause of fighting involving US allies). I don't see how that is worth it on any measure.

However, western governments would argue that it is their responsibility to ensure their own nation is safe. On that score, really, who can tell.
Would Al-Qaeda be stronger and perpetrating more atrocities? (ISIS would not exist, they are a direct result of the power vaccuum created in Iraq - which as brutal as Saddam was, was among the closest things to a secular government in the area).

While we keep arming and trading with Saudi Arabia, we can't be serious about fighting terror - committed here or in the Middle East.

Honestly, I couldn't give a **** about any missing girls in Nigeria or any other country for that matter' when it comes to forfeiting the safety and civil rights of me and mine to religious nutters.

The whole thing has been a complete ****ing racket!

That line reminded me of this comedy skit form Bill Burr, particularly from 1 minute and 50 seconds in to 4 minute 20 seconds, hilarious.

The powerful over there and over here have been waging wars of terror for millennia. It's the innocent always caught in the middle.

It's a shame they've managed to co-opt plebs do participate in the terrorism. islam, christianity, nationalism etc. They're all tools used to monopolise power.
It's also a simple case of pure numbers of brainwashed males. Excess of any potential predators creates an unnatural imbalance. It's just life

IMG_8344.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We stopped enriching uranium to make our own nukes in the late 1980s so unfortunately we're stuck with the americans.

Seriously, how long would it take to get a program up, running and delivering?

12 months?

Seriously, how long would it take to get a program up, running and delivering?

12 months?

probably several years. Lucas heights was a cover to maintain a nuclear option but the new opal research reactor we have now only deals with the low level stuff. Australia doesn't really have a strong manufacturing base anymore too although we are leaders in enrichment technology (ANSTO/Silex)

Last edited:
probably several years. Lucas heights was a cover to maintain a nuclear option but the new opal research reactor we have now only deals with the low level stuff. Australia doesn't really have a strong manufacturing base anymore too although we are leaders in enrichment technology (ANSTO/Silex)

There's nothing particularly sophisticated about enriching uranium

thats just the start. Then you need a delivery mechanism

A lot more effort than simply kowtowing to the yanks

We have no problem building rockets if we choose to do so.

Waste of time.

We haven't achieved anything worthwhile. We haven't helped create a better Middle East. We've been indirectly involved in the death of innumerable people.

Although, we would've been targets for terrorist cells regardless of what we did. We are still kafirs, whether we like it or not. Although, the greatest irony is that the far-right Christians are the biggest Muslim haters despite the Quran suggesting Christians are better than atheists because at least they're people of the book.

Lulzworthy s**t all round.

Nothing ever is, but at least we would be better represented.

I haven't met a single person in the street that was passionate about our involvement in this crap, but then again, I rarely get to Balaclava or Caulfield.

Lets have a referendum and change our name to Switzeralia.

Do you think the corporate masters would allow this?

An uppity local named Whitlam tried to do similar things to this and he was dispatched very quickly.

We are a race of morons. No chance.

Do you think the corporate masters would allow this?

An uppity local named Whitlam tried to do similar things to this and he was dispatched very quickly.

We are a race of morons. No chance.
I wouldn't go as strong as morons Snake, maybe puppets or sheeple.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back