Has big footy increased your dislike/bitterness towards other clubs?

Has Big Footy made you:

• More bitter?

Votes: 113 70.6%
  • Less bitter?

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • About the same?

Votes: 41 25.6%

• Total voters

Bokonon_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
I never knew how stupid some Port fans could be before coming to this website. They're probably my 2nd most hated club.
I have some history with Port supporters and they are changing somewhat in the new generation I think.
I do believe their still more insular than other club. support usually generational and when their posters say they dont want to be anyone's second club or care what other supporters they mean it on a level people sometimes dont get. The most one eyed club and that can come across as arrogant but you kinda have to respect their belief.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Geelong supporters came off as the biggest flogs over the Dangerfield thing. I still like the Cats but their supporters can gagf.

I used to hate Swans supporters but all their recent Tippett bashing has won me back. Keep it coming fellas. :D

Last edited:

BRWB

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I dont know any GWS fans personally but on a per capita basis, their flog to decent fan ratio seems to be about fifty/fifty.

A lot of my mates family are all North, Ess and Tiges fans and are ok. BF doesn't change my opinion. Although there does seem to be a lot of North fans on BF with massive chips on their shoulders and persecution complexes. BF EFC and North fans on BF are completely different to the ones I know. Most Bomber fans I know were shattered and embarrassed about the drug saga.

Never liked the Saints. BF hasn't changed that, obviously some good posters but the prolific floggery of a few drown them out.

Was taught to hate the Pies and Blues but don't see a lot of terrible flogs here on BF.

WC own WA and their arrogance was hard to take living there but again their BF posters seem decent. Freo are ok.

Liked the Swans but COLA, the Buddy theft and the umpire sooking here has diminished that.

Hawks, Dees and Cats never had a problem. BF hasn't changed that. Although sick of being the Cats' bitches. Not the Cats fault they always beat us, especially in finals.

Don't mind Port BF hasn't changed that. Can't stand the Crows and with good reason according to BF.

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Only other thing I've seen from here is how rabidly anti-Victorian WA posters are in general. In real life, I haven't encountered that, and I've dealt with a lot of sandgropers through work.

I would say that any anti-Victorian sentiment is in direct proportion to the amount of overly parochial Victorians who can't comprehend there's actually a whole other world outside their little bubble ;) It goes both ways mate, and from what I've seen the Croweaters are pretty much the same.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
I would say that any anti-Victorian sentiment is in direct proportion to the amount of overly parochial Victorians who can't comprehend there's actually a whole other world outside their little bubble ;) It goes both ways mate, and from what I've seen the Croweaters are pretty much the same.

Nope from my experience on here WA supporters are far more anti-Victorian.

Which doesn't line up with reality for me, as I said I've worked a lot in WA and with Western Australians.

Jables

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NY Giants, Hornets, Bulls
Eh, growing up even before Clarko's era everyone was quick to rub it in and exaggerate when Hawthorn lost anyway. I guess I had no hatred towards teams like Port or Adelaide before I ever got on bigfooty.

its funny before i joined bigfooty i hated WCE and didnt mind freo and the WB as a 2nd team

geeze thats changed. you couldnt find a bigger bunch of arrogant flogs than freo fans. WB just have a couple that just seriously s**t you. like manofclay, he's like the WB version of timmyfromthomastown

on twitter sydney have a strange bunch of supporters, like that imogen lady. one strange unit, every year without fail she brings up the milne incident. its seriously hilarious watching her go through the mental gymnastics when she explains why she goes for some sides over the saints, some of which have had more severe off field incidents. including sydney

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
its funny before i joined bigfooty i hated WCE and didnt mind freo and the WB as a 2nd team

geeze thats changed. you couldnt find a bigger bunch of arrogant flogs than freo fans.

I'm sure the attitude you get from Freo fans has nothing to do with the way you post about Freo though...

You Saints fans have had the same effect on most of us I suspect. I used to think of the Saints as the team I'd be most likely to support if I was Victorian, but thanks to the Ross Lyon induced rivalry between the two sets of fans on here I love seeing you lose now.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Nope from my experience on here WA supporters are far more anti-Victorian.

Which doesn't line up with reality for me, as I said I've worked a lot in WA and with Western Australians.
The anti-Victorian thing only applies to football. Most West Aussies love Melbourne and love traveling over when they can. But from a football point of view, some Vics can act like football begins and ends in Melbourne and West Aussies respond in kind.

Bokonon_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
I'm sure the attitude you get from Freo fans has nothing to do with the way you post about Freo though...

You Saints fans have had the same effect on most of us I suspect. I used to think of the Saints as the team I'd be most likely to support if I was Victorian, but thanks to the Ross Lyon induced rivalry between the two sets of fans on here I love seeing you lose now.
We've had tension with Freo over Macarthy, not much with the Saints. Both are preltty civilised to me though.
I actually feel comfortable on both boards, on the odd occasion I post there. I read the Saints thing on BF but apart from a nutter or two I've never experienced it.

May 15, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Cobblers who do the Cobbling

geeze thats changed. you couldnt find a bigger bunch of arrogant flogs than freo fans. WB just have a couple that just seriously s**t you. like manofclay, he's like the WB version of timmyfromthomastown

on twitter sydney have a strange bunch of supporters, like that imogen lady. one strange unit, every year without fail she brings up the milne incident. its seriously hilarious watching her go through the mental gymnastics when she explains why she goes for some sides over the saints, some of which have had more severe off field incidents. including sydney

Maybe if you knocked that railway sleeper off your shoulder and stopped bitching about Freo every second post, you wouldn't be so disliked by Freo posters

Plugga and your good self have been pissing and moaning since RTB left your rabble 6 years ago, but you simply can't move on

You reap what you sow

Pray tell how Freo posters are arrogant considering we have been s**t for the majority of our time in the comp. Just admit it you are seriously bottom hurt because RTB left Moorabbin to join a club with a strong support base and solid financial sponsors, plus the little fact that they could afford to pay his wages and were able to offer him a contract within 2 weeks.

Maybe if you knocked that railway sleeper off your shoulder and stopped bitching about Freo every second post, you wouldn't be so disliked by Freo posters

Plugga and your good self have been pissing and moaning since RTB left your rabble 6 years ago, but you simply can't move on

You reap what you sow

Pray tell how Freo posters are arrogant considering we have been s**t for the majority of our time in the comp. Just admit it you are seriously bottom hurt because RTB left Moorabbin to join a club with a strong support base and solid financial sponsors, plus the little fact that they could afford to pay his wages and were able to offer him a contract within 2 weeks.

remind me what i said about arrogance again?

WCE supporters are far more reasonable, you can actually talk football with them without it turning into a massive whinge fest

May 15, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Cobblers who do the Cobbling
Thank you peppy I can once again read your tremendous posts without feel nauseous.

I would have preferred you use an image of Fyfe in some sort of photo shopped Richmond guernsey, instead of Robbo, but appreciate the gesture nonetheless.

My pleasure

Back