Society/Culture Has cancel culture gone too far?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like you’re defending it.
Then you're either deliberately obtuse or stupid.
Give up on this pointless left v right, us v them story.
The people at the top don't care, all they want is the people at the bottom fighting over stupid stuff like who is cancelling who.
Its a sideshow. Your hero Trump made it all the way to President riding pointless anger about meaningless s**t like this.

So let's go all star trek and have a global confederation, no more nationalism is allowed. That sort of thing creates all sorts of differences competition, I mean who would've thought that 'competition' is part of human nature? Go figure. Wow people have different views of things, how will we ever cope?
Still incoherent, I see.

Then you're either deliberately obtuse or stupid.
Give up on this pointless left v right, us v them story.
The people at the top don't care, all they want is the people at the bottom fighting over stupid stuff like who is cancelling who.
Its a sideshow. Your hero Trump made it all the way to President riding pointless anger about meaningless sh*t like this.
Ironic to accuse me of being the divisive one! Trump lifted the lower end of the socioeconomic class up, achieving levels of unemployment that were considered impossible by bringing back jobs that his predecessor said would take a “magic wand” to bring back. Then he destroyed ISIS in 6 odd months, which his predecessor said would take “generations” to achieve. Then the media convinced his opponents that bringing soldiers home from Syria was somehow a negative? Since when were left leaning folk against bringing military home from forever wars!?

But yeah, he wrote mean tweets I guess.

Ironic to accuse me of being the divisive one! Trump lifted the lower end of the socioeconomic class up, achieving levels of unemployment that were considered impossible by bringing back jobs that his predecessor said would take a “magic wand” to bring back. Then he destroyed ISIS in 6 odd months, which his predecessor said would take “generations” to achieve. Then the media convinced his opponents that bringing soldiers home from Syria was somehow a negative? Since when were left leaning folk against bringing military home from forever wars!?

You forgot the last part where he lost the election and threw a big hissy fit.

You forgot to mention his botched handling of the pandemic economically ruined millions of Americans, whilst his economic policies overall were designed to benefit the rich, just like every other GOP President.

You forgot to mention he couldn’t defeat the Taliban despite dropping more bombs in Afghanistan in 10 years, whilst simultaneously arming and funding the biggest promoters of Islamic Extremism in the world, the Saudis.

You forgot to mention it was Biden who’s bringing troops home from Afghanistan, not the Orange One.

Still waiting on the Assange and Snowden pardons so many of his backers were convinced he was going to do, but is that when he is “rightfully re-instated” as President after “undeniable proof” is “inevitably uncovered” that he had the election stolen from him?

But whatever helps you cope with his loss I guess......

This is all obvious nonsense. I could dismantle all of these statements in 5 seconds and you'd have no follow-up argument because you don't know anything beyond a handful of memorised talking points.

For example, what would you say was Trump's single greatest legislative achievement?

You just keep missing the point. Arguing about stupid s**t like cancel culture results in you thinking of yourself as an edge lord when you are simply simping for a billionaire who wouldn’t piss on you if you were on fire.
Meanwhile the rich get richer.
Expand your thinking.
You can’t see the wood for the trees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You just keep missing the point. Arguing about stupid sh*t like cancel culture results in you thinking of yourself as an edge lord when you are simply simping for a billionaire who wouldn’t piss on you if you were on fire.
Expand your thinking.
You should start from the premise that FireKrakouer simply doesn't know anything. His "thinking" is simply the talking points he's memorised as a substitute for information.

One of the worst aspects of cancel culture/call out culture is that concepts like statute of limitations and double jeopardy don't seem to apply.

Jason Kidd and Chauncey Billups have been recently hired as NBA head coaches.

Kidd was a head coach 2013-2018 and an assistant until his appointment. Billups has been an assistant the last two years.

Kidd pleaded guilty to a DV charge in 2001 and was done for DUI in 2012. His playing career concluded in 2013. Billups was accused of sexual assault in 1997 and settled a civil case out of court in 2000. His playing career continued until 2014.

With each hire there was been predictable noise about past events. Press conferences to justify why they were hired as head coaches rather than lynched by an angry mob in a field etc. People even questioning Damian Lillard (star player at Portland who hired Billups - also 7 years old in 1997) for saying Billups would be a good head coach.

I'm not saying these guys are good or bad dudes or otherwise, but we are talking about 20+ years ago and a DUI. What motivates people to go deep diving for this stuff as a hobby? Jason Kidd has already been a head coach, twice. Billups played for 17 years after his sexual assault charge and is a highly respected assistant coach at the LA Clippers. If Billups goes on to coach 20 years and wins 5 championships are people going to interrupt his retirement speech with 'yeah but 1997'?

There is no new information in this. It's just raking over old graves.
so this is why Soft Downhill Skier cancelled his Kidd Vicious user name and Jason Kidd avatar.

You just keep missing the point. Arguing about stupid sh*t like cancel culture results in you thinking of yourself as an edge lord when you are simply simping for a billionaire who wouldn’t piss on you if you were on fire.
Expand your thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well m8 on one side you got Trumpy and the working class, on the other side you got the military industrial billionaires, the MSM billionaires, the big tech billionaires, the CIA, the FBI, charming families such as the Bush’s, the Clintons, the McCains etc.

They convinced peace activists to somehow become outraged by his proposal to bring troops home. They convinced unionists to somehow hate protection tariffs. They convinced anti establishment types to jump into bed with the 3 letter agencies. They convinced BLM to support the guy who wrote the 94 crime bill and a prosecutor as VP ffs.. I wish I could undo all the brainwashing done, but you can only lead a horse to water.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He announced his campaign by descending a golden escalator in his personally branded building.
Clearly symbolic of the gold-standard job he was about to do for the working class!

(inb4 golden showers reference)

Well m8 on one side you got Trumpy and the working class, on the other side you got the military industrial billionaires, the MSM billionaires, the big tech billionaires, the CIA, the FBI, charming families such as the Bush’s, the Clintons, the McCains etc.
How do the Trump tax cuts fit into that?

They convinced peace activists to somehow become outraged by his proposal to bring troops home. They convinced unionists to somehow hate protection tariffs. They convinced anti establishment types to jump into bed with the 3 letter agencies. They convinced BLM to support the guy who wrote the 94 crime bill and a prosecutor as VP ffs.. I wish I could undo all the brainwashing done, but you can only lead a horse to water.
None of this makes any specific case for Trump.

Why don't you drop the charade and just admit you don't know anything?

Do you think the election was "stolen"?

So let's go all star trek and have a global confederation, no more nationalism is allowed. That sort of thing creates all sorts of differences competition, I mean who would've thought that 'competition' is part of human nature? Go figure. Wow people have different views of things, how will we ever cope?
Still struggling to understand what words mean?

How do the Trump tax cuts fit into that?

None of this makes any specific case for Trump.

Why don't you drop the charade and just admit you don't know anything?

Do you think the election was "stolen"?
Hey, why don’t you try being friendly and pleasant for a change? You’re ruining everyone’s good time man.

Presumably you and Balls In are applauding Biden for withdrawing troops from Afghanistan?

Yeah, just sceptical that he’ll pull an Obama and “end 2 wars” as some claimed, then find an excuse to send those troops back in, as big tech seem to be prepping us for by spamming “the Taliban are taking back over!” articles.

Those American rascals also have a habit of removing “troops” and replacing them with “contractors”.

Now you’re up to speed son. Question everything!

Yeah, just sceptical that he’ll pull an Obama and “end 2 wars” as some claimed, then find an excuse to send those troops back in, as big tech seem to be prepping us for by spamming “the Taliban are taking back over!” articles.
"Big tech" is doing what? Is this your latest piece of nonsense?

How come your hero Trump didn't take it upon himself to "end the forever wars"?

You're so sceptical of US military power being projected abroad. How do you feel about billions in military aid going to Israel? I know how you love Israel.

Now you’re up to speed son. Question everything!
You're the one who was "sold" by Trump because he criticised political correctness. Maybe you should have questioned that instead of buying the magic beans like a complete rube.

Last edited:
"Big tech" is doing what? Is this your latest piece of nonsense?

How come your hero Trump didn't take it upon himself to "end the forever wars"?

You're so sceptical of US military power being projected abroad. How do you feel about billions in military aid going to Israel? I know how you love Israel.

You're the one who was "sold" by Trump because he criticised political correctness. Maybe you should have questioned that instead of buying the magic beans like a conplete rube.
The media is 100% pushing Biden to not withdraw the troops. Every interview is with the CIA or a soldier, who are not happy troops are leaving. Not to mention the defence contractors.

Even our own media is getting in on the action. I listened to 6PR interview a soldier saying they were now there for nothing. 20yrs waste of time basically was the narrative and the taliban are taking over again.

Well done by Biden.
2 examples highlighted

Last edited:
The media is 100% pushing Biden to not withdraw the troops. Every interview is with the CIA or a soldier, who are not happy troops are leaving. Not to mention the defence contractors.

Even our own media is getting in on the action. I listened to 6PR interview a soldier saying they were now there for nothing. 20yrs waste of time basically was the narrative and the taliban are taking over again.
What do you mean by "the media is pushing Biden to not withdraw troops"?

Are you talking about commentators offering an opinion? Or news outlets justifiably reporting the news?

I'm not saying it's the wrong decision to withdraw or that the media is above reproach. But I'm sceptical of these broad claims about "the media" as though it's some big monolith that operates as a single entity.

Do you think that the entirety of the news media is ideologically wedded to keeping troops in Afghanistan?

US troops are withdrawing - of course news outlets have to cover the implications of the decision. That is precisely the job of the news media. What is the criticism of that coverage exactly? Equally, commentators are entitled to their opinion, provided it is flagged as such.

Well done by Biden.
2 examples highlighted

These are comment pieces by Kyle Kulinski. I quite like his commentary but what point are these meant to make?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back