Society/Culture Has cancel culture gone too far?

Remove this Banner Ad

God this is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

If you have arguments against his bigoted crap, make them instead of white knighting his klan ass.
I've already spoon fed them to you. Go put on your red nose & oversized shoes and pipe down, you absolute clown

royale with cheese your arguments regarding the drag story time falls down because:

A) It wasnt targeted at black students, so you using a study about black students literacy is moot. We have no idea what the proportion of attendees to the drag story time events in San Fransisco libraries were African American. For all we know it was 0.

B) The argument is reductionist because it doesn't consider the myriad of other factors that impact on literacy rates (home factors, education etc.). There are too many independent variables for the link to be considered reasonable.

See Chief, it's not that hard if you take five minutes to use critical thought.

See Chief, it's not that hard if you take five minutes to use critical thought.

Why are you this much of a w***er? :D

Those WERE the points you tool.

They are OBVIOUS.

You and dipstick went off on a tangent about where the idea started. Incredible.

Absolutely ridiculous, like I said, that you have to white knight the klansman and claim some sort of intellectual high ground when I had to point out the posts where he said what it was obvious he was saying.

Today has been a hoot :D Thank you, valiant chevalier. I will cherish the memory always.

Why are you this much of a w***er? :D
Just trying to match your persona Chief.
Those WERE the points you tool.

They are OBVIOUS.

You and dipstick went off on a tangent about where the idea started. Incredible.

Absolutely ridiculous, like I said, that you have to white knight the klansman and claim some sort of intellectual high ground when I had to point out the posts where he said what it was obvious he was saying.

Today has been a hoot :D Thank you, valiant chevalier. I will cherish the memory always.
If they were, why haven't you raised them at all? You never raised that the drag story time didn't target African American youth (making the study he referenced irrelevant), nor did you ever point out the myriad of other factors that influence the literacy outcomes.

All you did was repeat ad nauseum a claim that he never made. I know nuance isn't your strong point Chief but f*ck me.

You never raised that the drag story time didn't target African American youth (making the study he referenced irrelevant),
Oh God you can tell you didn't read this thread at all, just jumped in with a chip on your shoulder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ah, childless. I thought so

Never said that. I don’t see the relevance to the conversation, whether I have, or anyone has 1, none, 5 kids or whether they are under 10, teens or adults.

but keep dodging to avoid answering the question.

Never said that. I don’t see the relevance to the conversation, whether I have, or anyone has 1, none, 5 kids or whether they are under 10, teens or adults.

but keep dodging to avoid answering the question.
Of course it’s relevant. Atomised people who have nothing at stake should keep their mouths shut on the matter.

Nevertheless they seem to be the biggest advocates of things like drag queens reading to kids - why?

My guess is having never gone through rites of adulthood, they see (other people’s) children as just smaller versions of themselves, as extensions back through time of their own identity.

Same as how the biggest buyers of Lego are early millennial men with a pot belly and a beard buying it for themselves. Lots of adults inhabiting the mindset of children. Why every second movie seems to be a Marvel movie that has “ironic” adult jokes

Of course it’s relevant. Atomised people who have nothing at stake should keep their mouths shut on the matter.

Nevertheless they seem to be the biggest advocates of things like drag queens reading to kids - why?

My guess is having never gone through rites of adulthood, they see (other people’s) children as just smaller versions of themselves, as extensions back through time of their own identity.

Same as how the biggest buyers of Lego are early millennial men with a pot belly and a beard buying it for themselves. Lots of adults inhabiting the mindset of children. Why every second movie seems to be a Marvel movie that has “ironic” adult jokes

you haven’t answered the question.

why do rwnj and neo nazis want to cancel events at libraries?

you haven’t answered the question.

why do rwnj and neo nazis want to cancel events at libraries?
Because they don’t believe middle aged men in dresses with the express purpose of subverting the gender binary should be reading to children.

Why do you, childless person, think it is imperative that they do?

Okay *head. I'm a parent and I'd much rather have a drag queen read to my daughter than have to bypass a group of Nazis to get into a library. Happy now?

Okay *head. I'm a parent and I'd much rather have a drag queen read to my daughter than have to bypass a group of Nazis to get into a library. Happy now?
It’s not about what you’d much rather do. It’s what you do. Do you take your kids to be read to by drag queens? If so, why?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back