Society/Culture Has cancel culture gone too far?

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ghost Patrol

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
And how can one do what they choose with the product / content if it is withdrawn?

And warning labels should continue, otherwise NO ONE HAS CHOICE fk the few conserves that went apeshit over it. Are they the majority? No, so no need to cancel anything. No one should be bending over backwards for the few, because they are the few, the majority should come first. That is something that is not up for debate.

Let everyone choose what they wish to do with whatever, instead of no one has choice.

I find it amusing that after a gazillion pages and comments on choice for everyone, there's still a few who are defending the cancel for benefit of no one argument. All about inclusivity right? If so let everyone choose. It's not hard.

That's why this debate is NOT about 'sides' it's about what is practical for the MAJORITY (that would be the sensibly centred).

Forget about what the fringe wants, they're the minority. The world needs to get back to catering for the majority, not bend over at the slightest noise of discontent over what most would view as frivolous from fringe groups.
Mashed Potato

Elmer_Judd

#Teague2020
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Yeah, no, I see why it's super important to preserve this important look at Australian culture...
Yeah but the current issue is Daryl Somers is seemingly defending this kind of vile behaviour that took place on Hey Hey whilst having a go at 'cancel culture'

He just does not get it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mofra

Dec 6, 2005
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, The Exers
The woke idiots have finally pushed too far ...

Golden Gaytime Name Change Petition
Wow, it's real.

BRB, I am setting up my own petition to change the name of Bass Straight.
I am a real person dammit, I am not a body of water!

The less said about the Isle of Mann, the better.

Cooldude

Hall of Famer
Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
Wow, it's real.

BRB, I am setting up my own petition to change the name of Bass Straight.
I am a real person dammit, I am not a body of water!

The less said about the Isle of Mann, the better.
There are loads of far right nutjobs who just make fake sockpuppet accounts and pretend to post random SJW outrage just so they can play the white knight/stomp on it

Most of twitter's like that

Chief

Chugging Adrenochrome
Dec 1, 1999
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
There are loads of far right nutjobs who just make fake sockpuppet accounts and pretend to post random SJW outrage just so they can play the white knight/stomp on it

Bullshit! Just ask my mate Kevin24743201111 and his wife Julie29345029383331111. Or indeed any of the 1111 family. The rumours of their non-existence are hurtful in the extreme. They have set up a petition to stop people unfairly accusing them of being bots.

iBeng

Intentionally left blank
Apr 3, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The man is quoted as saying “It’s not my place to tell Streets what to call their rebranded product,"

So in other words, they wont be changing the name for a petition from 800 odd randoms from the internet.

peternorth

May 6, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond

I thought the same while wearing my cynical hat. tom elliott is talking about this on 3aw, thea petition was made by an anonymous person. It could very well be from the right. i mean,why not?

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad