Society/Culture Has cancel culture gone too far?

Mar 28, 2006
POLICE STATE
AFL Club
Collingwood
Peterson goes further, showing that part of life’s meaning comes from reaching out into the domain beyond what we know, and adapting to an ever- transforming world. While an excess of chaos threatens us with uncertainty, an excess of order leads to a lack of curiosity and creative vitality. Beyond Order therefore calls on us to balance the two fundamental principles of reality – order and chaos – and reveals the profound meaning that can be found on the path that divides them.

$30 for a red-pill repackaging of ancient Daoist and Stoic philosophy sold as 'enlightenment'? I'll pass.

Lao Tzu was chill as * and wouldn't get worked up over pronouns.

Lao-tzu-on-All-Around-Mastery.jpg

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Chief some more cancel culture for you...

These dicksnaps work for a publishing company. They are literally in the business of giving people a platform for their ideas. But OMG Jordan Peterson triggers me so that's a dealbreaker.

Consider the ridiculousness of their objections.

It bears repeating but no one is forcing these knobs to buy his book or read his book. That's entirely up to them. But they are insisting that no else should have that choice. They work in publishing. Their entire industry relies on giving people that option.

I read that, and IF those statements are true (not suggesting they aren't) then that is beyond reactionary. :rolleyes:

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Oh right. You think reactionary means "over-reacting". Have you been walking around using that word incorrectly your whole life?

You could've just said the first sentence, and left it there, but as you've confirmed my assumptions you had to be a smart ass about in typical SJ style.

It is amusing though.:)

No. It's confirmed my assumptions.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
You could've just said the first sentence, and left it there, but as you've confirmed my assumptions you had to be a smart ass about in typical SJ style.

It is amusing though.:)
So you've been using the word incorrectly all this time and people haven't corrected you? That's like walking around with food stuck between your teeth and no one says anything.

Basically you should thank me for educating you.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
So you've been using the word incorrectly all this time and people haven't corrected you? That's like walking around with food stuck between your teeth and no one says anything.

Basically you should thank me for educating you.

I can only surmise you're pretending to be narcissistic or you are actually narcissistic.

Given your efforts to point out and continue with what seems your disdain for my incorrect interpretation of a word rather than stick to the thread topic (which I agree with you on by the way) and then add a layer of mayo by self praising and suggesting that I be thankful for your education of me.

So now you can continue with your condescension or you can discuss the topic at hand. How you reply will either attract an ignore or a reply.

Thank you for your time oh superior one.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
I can only surmise you're pretending to be narcissistic or you are actually narcissistic.
Wow you cracked the case.

Given your efforts to point out and continue with what seems your disdain for my incorrect interpretation of a word rather than stick to the thread topic (which I agree with you on by the way) and then add a layer of mayo by self praising and suggesting that I be thankful for your education of me.

So now you can continue with your condescension or you can discuss the topic at hand. How you reply will either attract an ignore or a reply.
Massive decision. I need more time to decide.

Jul 28, 2012
Melbourne, the lost City.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR, Buffalo Bills
One thing is for certain, Hollywood is on the way to extinction. As renowned research biologists Motorhead and climate environmentalists the WWE have been known to point out, human evolution is a mystery, although 2020 has sped up its ultimate demise far quicker than i thought.

Hollywood is on the way to extinction.
How so? I can't see it happening. They are smart enough to change. Hollywood as a place where movies are made? It takes hits because of how expensive it is but the people making the films are still in that vicinity.

Back