Society/Culture Has cancel culture gone too far?

Remove this Banner Ad

didnt know about calls to ban coke in USA.

i did hear from sam newman that coke praised the chinese govt for its handling of covid19. Praised is a real stretch from coke. REAL stretch. Sam added that coke was sucking up to china as they have interests (factories) over there. He has not called for coke to be boycotted.

One wonders if coke calls out china for its role in the Rona, and gets banzd/cancelled by china, does sam take cokes side?

didnt know about calls to ban coke in USA.

i did hear from sam newman that coke praised the chinese govt for its handling of covid19. Praised is a real stretch from coke. REAL stretch. Sam added that coke was sucking up to china as they have interests (factories) over there. He has not called for coke to be boycotted.

One wonders if coke calls out china for its role in the Rona, and gets banzd/cancelled by china, does sam take cokes side?
Listening to Sam Newman talking about foreign affairs is probably similair to listening to Greg Sheridan talk about footy.

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
You're equating a humorous (to them) self-deprecating show title, to actual issues they're talking about.

You know that, right?
Yes, and it's ironic and in fact hypocritical.

Use your race to differentiate yourself to promote your podcast, but how dare anyone use your race to describe who they tend to be attracted to.

Yes, and it's ironic and in fact hypocritical.

Use your race to differentiate yourself to promote your podcast, but how dare anyone use your race to describe who they tend to be attracted to.

I agree, women shouldn't be able to acknowledge their race unless they allow me to fetishise it.

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I agree, women shouldn't be able to acknowledge their race unless they allow me to fetishise it.
Oh wow.

By saying you're attracted to people from a specific culture, you have a fetish about it?

If I said, 'I have a thing for blonde Russian women' - is that a fetish?

If I said 'The Irish accent does it for me' - is that a fetish?

If I said 'I like a nice, tight backside' - is that a fetish?

Something tells me your type won't be happy until we're in a position where we're not able to describe human beings unless we use gender neutral, race neutral and indeed attribute neutral terms.

That would make for great conversation....

Me: 'Oh, so you have a new partner? Tell me about them...'
Friend: 'Um, they're a person...'

Oh wow.

By saying you're attracted to people from a specific culture, you have a fetish about it?

If I said, 'I have a thing for blonde Russian women' - is that a fetish?

If I said 'The Irish accent does it for me' - is that a fetish?

If I said 'I like a nice, tight backside' - is that a fetish?

Something tells me your type won't be happy until we're in a position where we're not able to describe human beings unless we use gender neutral, race neutral and indeed attribute neutral terms.

That would make for great conversation....

Me: 'Oh, so you have a new partner? Tell me about them...'
Friend: 'Um, they're a person...'

Be honest, you didn't read the article did you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some Joe Rogan episodes being cancelled.

Seems he’s no crusader for free speech. $100 mil is a lot of steroids:

The podcaster announced the partnership last year, acknowledging that the contract was contingent on the disappearance of a few choice interviews.

“There were a few episodes they didn’t want on their platform, and I was like ‘OK, I don’t care,’ ” Rogan said at the time, according to DMN.

Yes, I did. How do you think I was able to make my original comment about the name of the podcast?

'I like Chinese Women' (written in Chinese) - that is a fetish?

You guys have lost touch with reality.
If it’s an abnormal degree of attachment, that’s a fetish.

Yeah, it's hard to ascertain what is considered normal (or abnormal) nowadays...
That's another question.

If you've got a higher attachment to something, but it doesn't dominate, it's probably not abnormal is it? Just within a "normal" range.

But if you're on the receiving end, the amount of attention paid to that aspect would end up being abnormal. If you speak up, then every guy saying "but I only said I like Asian girls" gets defensive.

If the dating app technology is not allowing for that, it could become an app that many Asian girls don't want to use. That seems to be what they are saying. I could be wrong, I dunno. Maybe the app developers need to think about what they are trying to achieve or how they want it to be used.

chunkylover53

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2008
From Where You'd Rather Be
AFL Club
Carlton
Seems he’s no crusader for free speech. $100 mil is a lot of steroids:

The podcaster announced the partnership last year, acknowledging that the contract was contingent on the disappearance of a few choice interviews.

“There were a few episodes they didn’t want on their platform, and I was like ‘OK, I don’t care,’ ” Rogan said at the time, according to DMN.
I don't think he's ever advertised himself as a crusader of free speech though, has he? Or is that what a few of his nuffie fans label him as, thus you latch onto it?

I don't think he's ever advertised himself as a crusader of free speech though, has he? Or is that what a few of his nuffie fans label him as, thus you latch onto it?
LOL! Pick a fight much?

It's interesting the number of times he has talked about "cancel culture", or nodded along while a guest talks about it.

He's the average man's idea of a smart man. The stuff he lets go completely uncritically is amazing. It doesn't mean he can't be entertaining or doesn't work hard at what he does. But he's no genius.

Good luck to him, but if anyone thought he was ever seeking unfettered intellectual freedom for himself and others, they were mistaken.

I'd be more interested to hear what people like Sam Harris and Ricky Gervais had to say about it. Sam Harris has said he's happy that he has a business in which he is un-fireable. He can do what he likes and only his paying audience really matters. Would he give that up for $100 mil?

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
1618448639596.png

Back