Has Gillon lost his Marbles

Remove this Banner Ad

Well then she wouldn't be punished; I clearly said that the allegedly infringed party would have to prove that the claims are demonstrably false.
At the time though, Hird was up in arms about the situation, claiming that Wilson was making it up to slander him and the football club. Under your proposal she would've been banned even though it turned out she was correct.

The media and journalism is exactly the same as it's always been, ripe with opinions and corruptions. It's part of how the game works! Trying to strangle media like this shows just how incompetent AFL HQ is and how heir conservative and defensive stance to running the league is going to run it into the ground.

The boss should check out some of the slanderish trash that gets published overseas about international football and see if he still feels this is necessary!

It's the same as their ridiculous gagging of coaches and players about umpire chat. Fair enough we don't want blokes coming out and potting individual performances etc and slandering the game but for christ's sake let the clubs and coaches have an opinion, stop trying to take the passion out of the game.

League bosses so out of touch.

The media and journalism is exactly the same as it's always been, ripe with opinions and corruptions. It's part of how the game works! Trying to strangle media like this shows just how incompetent AFL HQ is and how heir conservative and defensive stance to running the league is going to run it into the ground.

Crowds up. Ratings up. Finance up. Memberships up. But yeah running it into the ground.

The boss should check out some of the slanderish trash that gets published overseas about international football and see if he still feels this is necessary!

because thats the standard we really want.

It's the same as their ridiculous gagging of coaches and players about umpire chat. Fair enough we don't want blokes coming out and potting individual performances etc and slandering the game but for christ's sake let the clubs and coaches have an opinion, stop trying to take the passion out of the game.

lets get one thing clear - public criticism of umpires hasnt been tolerated by the league pretty much ever. Not allowing it now hasnt taken anything from the game, that situation has ALWAYS been the case.

League bosses so out of touch.

Theres a few malcontents on bigfooty who are also out of touch I suspect.

Crowds up. Ratings up. Finance up. Memberships up. But yeah running it into the ground.

because thats the standard we really want.

lets get one thing clear - public criticism of umpires hasnt been tolerated by the league pretty much ever. Not allowing it now hasnt taken anything from the game, that situation has ALWAYS been the case.

Theres a few malcontents on bigfooty who are also out of touch I suspect.

Sorry I forgot to take my tinfoil hat off before I wrote that, numbers now are great. Public opinion and trust of the league aren't doing as well and the threat isn't now it's the future. They should be thinking about a future where kids have even more access to global sports. Everyone saw the figures that more kids are playing association football than AFL now. The numbers are going to dwindle as online streaming and vod services grow and kids can watch whatever sports they want from anywhere in the world.

Don't get me wrong I'm a paying and passionate member and have been going to 90% of our Melbourne games for most of my life but the world is changing and the AFL is out of touch with this.

The threat isn't the a league or the nrl and never will be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back