Society/Culture Has it become impossible now to hit on someone for sex?

Remove this Banner Ad

No. Women like men who are confident, able to lead when required, who appreciate confident women and who also understand the difference between sexual assault and showing interest in them.

How the **** did you arrive at sexual assault!?

Can asking a woman if she is interested in having sex be considered sexual assault under some circumstances that presently escape me?

With all these 'outings", have we entered a period where casual sexual relations now requires a contract ratified by lawyers?

How the **** did you arrive at sexual assault!?

Can asking a woman if she is interested in having sex be considered sexual assault under some circumstances that presently escape me?

What specific 'outings' were you referring to in the first post of this thread?

Evolution is not a democratic process.

When seeking out heterosexual sexual partners, men don't have to convince a man that they are dominant and confident, they have to convince a woman. Biology has its own way of weeding out the failures. If you think you are emasculated by powerful men then you need to address this issue yourself.

So in your black and white world, all women are submissive by nature?

Do you think the human race is still evolving? Under what conditions?

What specific 'outings' were you referring to in the first post of this thread?

Weinstein & Burke. However, the over the top media reactions to these "outings", and it's potential to leak in to general society, are the things that shape my OP.

Weinstein & Burke. However, the over the top media reactions to these "outings", and it's potential to leak in to general society, are the things that shape my OP.

over the top reactions to allegations of intimidation, predatory behaviour, sexual assault and rape?
the only thing that shapes your OP is the fact that you can't distinguish between sexual assault, intimidation, predatory behaviour and approaching a woman.

over the top reactions to allegations of intimidation, predatory behaviour, sexual assault and rape?

- One persons "allegation" of intimidation, is another persons whiny bullshit.
- One persons "allegation" of "predatory behavior", is another persons ignorance of the realities as they pertain to gender.

As for sexual assault and rape as they apply to this discussion, you're going to have to provide better proof.

the only thing that shapes your OP is the fact that you can't distinguish between sexual assault, intimidation, predatory behaviour and approaching a woman.

On the contrary, it's my ability to do the exact opposite, that shape my OP.

I do not base my notion of reality upon tabloid bullshit. If you do, then I suggest you seriously question the wisdom of this approach.

No. But i'm interested in what directions the human race is evolving.

Of course. You could write your own cheque if you managed to nail this, but in reality, it is far too complex to know at this point in time.

Much of the old "survival of the fittest" has been undermined.

What is your interpretation of this term?

Just out of curiosity would you approach a woman in the same manner that as has been described re: Burke, or would you think this was inappropriate?

Just out of curiosity would you approach a woman in the same manner that as has been described re: Burke, or would you think this was inappropriate?

Well, I question the validity of some of these claims. As for the Benny Hill stuff, it's not really my style. I have pointed out that I think he has behaved in a crass manner. This is most likely correlated with his celebrity status.

Well, I question the validity of some of these claims. As for the Benny Hill stuff, it's not really my style. I have pointed out that I think he has behaved in a crass manner. This is most likely correlated with his celebrity status.

I thought by Don Burke, stating that he had Aspergers, that he recognised some of his behaviour was not appropriate (whatever this has to do with Aspergers), but that's beside the point, I think from what you are stating, you would also recognise the reported behaviour as inappropriate and would not go there, which means that you have nothing to fear.

The other issue, that I believed this thread was a comment on, was that if a person is attracted to another person, what they may believe is appropriate behaviour to woo people who they are attracted to, in a particular context (even relatively benign behaviour - not to the level of Burke's Backyard), may not be appropriate behaviour, due to, for example, the sentiments of <other> people, a change in sentiment by the person they are attracted to, or future sentiments, as to what constitutes, for example, harassment.*

An example of what I mean, and hypothetically, in the future it may be that a person who is a delegate of another person cannot ever have a sexual relationship with that person (without it constituting a form of sexual abuse - the person could feel they were pressured into it), but does that mean that everyone today and in the past should be judged on this hypothetical future sentiment, even if the two people were (in the context of the time) reciprocal of each others advances.

*I gave an example of this person I knew, who was persistent (and not deviant) with his wooing of another person (doing homework for, carrying books, buying lunches etc etc) even though this other person had several other relationships, but eventually this person won over the other person after a break up, and I wonder whether, if this other person ever started a long term relationship with someone else, they would have felt that this person was creepy in hindsight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'Cos I know people, see? And there was once this person who pointed out that a particular pamphlet was sexist, so I looked at the pamphlet and I could not see why, so I asked for further clarification, and the person pointed out that on the front of the pamphlet there was a picture of three males with only... two females. I wasn't sure whether I should have thrown the prostate cancer pamphlet down in disgust or not, but I did think that either this particular person was "over-sensitive" to sexism or I was too "under-sensitive" and thus I carried around way too much unconscious bias.

So, in a way I can see a bit of extremism on the other side, but Don Burke? I don't know. I'm not sure of a case when the reported behaviour is appropriate to show other people affection.

I thought by Don Burke, stating that he had Aspergers, that he recognised some of his behaviour was not appropriate (whatever this has to do with Aspergers), but that's beside the point, I think from what you are stating, you would also recognise the reported behaviour as inappropriate and would not go there, which means that you have nothing to fear.

Correct, I would not behave like that. However, I understand that people engage in a myriad of courtship behaviors and that it is not my place to be overly judgmental about this. I have seen women walk up and seduce men by grabbing their crotches. It's not male only conduct.

As for his silly self diagnosis, I put this down to a man that is questioning some of his conduct, since the bright glare of celebrity has receded.

- One persons "allegation" of intimidation, is another persons whiny bullshit.
- One persons "allegation" of "predatory behavior", is another persons ignorance of the realities as they pertain to gender.

As for sexual assault and rape as they apply to this discussion, you're going to have to provide better proof.

On the contrary, it's my ability to do the exact opposite, that shape my OP.

I do not base my notion of reality upon tabloid bullshit. If you do, then I suggest you seriously question the wisdom of this approach.
So masturbating infront of someone is cool?

Quoting a racist, terrorist loving, bigot. You just proved my point. It's very sad that diggers sacrificed their lives for people like you and her.

Correct, I would not behave like that. However, I understand that people engage in a myriad of courtship behaviors and that it is not my place to be overly judgmental about this. I have seen women walk up and seduce men by grabbing their crotches. It's not male only conduct.

As for his silly self diagnosis, I put this down to a man that is questioning some of his conduct, since the bright glare of celebrity has receded.

I’m not stating it is male-only conduct, but regardless of who does it, you would not categorise it as appropriate behaviour would you?

I’m not stating it is male-only conduct, but regardless of who does it, you would not categorise it as appropriate behavior would you?

I could not give a definitive answer without taking in to account the person/s, set and setting of the incident.

If Selma Hayek walked up and grabbed me on the utensil, I don't think I would be calling her out for inappropriate behavior.

"Lest we forget (Manus, Christmas Island...)"
Quoting a racist, terrorist loving, bigot. You just proved my point. It's very sad that diggers sacrificed their lives for people like you, her and others who don't care about their sacrifices.

I could not give a definitive answer without taking in to account the person/s, set and setting of the incident.

If Selma Hayek walked up and grabbed me on the utensil, I don't think I would be calling her out for inappropriate behavior.

Like, for example, you doing it to Selma Hayek

Remove this Banner Ad

Back