Society/Culture Has it become impossible now to hit on someone for sex?

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course not. Unless your one and only move when hitting on someone is pulling your utensil out or honking their ****. Then you're in strife.
But, but, but that may be 'Snakes' tour de force.:eek:

Men have to be much more aware of approaches of any sort in this day and age. Even placing a hand on a shoulder in a friendly manner when in conversation can be unwelcome in some quarters.

*some women. I certainly never viewed it as lame.

When you view relationships as who has power/who doesn't - it is doomed to fail IMO.
Not all but most women. and thats enough to make asking pointless.

This reference to power is not about who has the most hand in a relationship, its power in terms of the court of law and employment.

Who cares. We already have virtual reality pr0n, and sex robots are less than a decade away. Unless you want a child, human women will be useless pretty soon.
Amen brother.

This.

Every girl I hooked up with at uni (there wasn’t THAT many but enough to make a solid case for comparison) came via a kiss that had no preamble, usually you are dancing or chatting closely, one thing leads to another and you kiss or whatever.

What the f*** is wrong with people to think that this is somehow unacceptable behaviour. Even when it’s not wanted, I would have no problem with any person who genuinely misread a signal and was immediately apologetic and understanding that they had misjudged the situation. (Kissing I mean)

How is it ever offensive to tell someone you would like to * them?

I agree implicitly. All they have to do if they find it repulsive is tell you so and that’s that.

Or they could just respond with a simple "no thanks", if that was the case.

It's absurd that 20+ something women (mostly) are collapsing in shock because someone hits on them.

The irony is that all these new cultural sensitivities have made the dating game much harder for women - not men.

Where once men had to do all the chasing - now the women are increasingly needing to hunt and signal and the men pick and choose.

From the outside looking in - it seems many women will degrade themselves to get and keep their boy - in ways men could only once have dreamed.

For the over 40 s the dating game has entirely flipped.

This.

Every girl I hooked up with at uni (there wasn’t THAT many but enough to make a solid case for comparison) came via a kiss that had no preamble, usually you are dancing or chatting closely, one thing leads to another and you kiss or whatever.

What the f*** is wrong with people to think that this is somehow unacceptable behaviour. Even when it’s not wanted, I would have no problem with any person who genuinely misread a signal and was immediately apologetic and understanding that they had misjudged the situation. (Kissing I mean)
The old "stolen kiss" is now attempted rape in many eyes. Certainly foundation for a police investigation and the accuse having to do all the disproving. That is not to say the balance was not skewed the other way previously.
Sure there are still many arseholes out there but the whole issue is now about politic and gender power struggles rather than individual protections.
Then there are online hook-up sites......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The old "stolen kiss" is now attempted rape in many eyes. Certainly foundation for a police investigation and the accuse having to do all the disproving. That is not to say the balance was not skewed the other way previously.
Sure there are still many arseholes out there but the whole issue is now about politic and gender power struggles rather than individual protections.
Then there are online hook-up sites......

Its like being outside 50, and you can snap for goal, but you might be better to pass it to the guy in a better place.
If it works its good. If it fails its a disaster.

So you need to "guess" if she's going to like it or not.
Of course its really easy to guess what women want. ( not ).

The irony is that all these new cultural sensitivities have made the dating game much harder for women - not men.

Where once men had to do all the chasing - now the women are increasingly needing to hunt and signal and the men pick and choose.

Don't know about that. Things need to be reciprical.

i.e. In some cultures women will approach men. All is well.

In some cultures men do all the chasing. Yet women are open to approaches and if are after something will be in places conducive. If not interested a polite no. If a guy carries on like a dickhead it won't be tolerated.

In some cultures men do all the chasing but are expected to second guess what women are thinking/mind read. Guess right -love story, guess wrong - Harassment.

Now obviously there are extremes and I can only see one perspective but things are harder now. At least to me.

Dunno, maybe ask before you jerk off infront of somebody or maybe not just grope random ladies

The major problem is most of these dudes absolutely live in a bubble where from the 9-10 times where it happens it's fine because they are famous, nobody stops them, agents don't warn them, Imagine if Kevin Spacey got absolutely slapped down the first time he tried to touch up a 14 year old? Probably would still have a career because he probably would of cut that s**t out

Personally my moves are not Whipping it out and jerking off, or trying to force people to watch me shower

Dunno, maybe ask before you jerk off infront of somebody or maybe not just grope random ladies

The major problem is most of these dudes absolutely live in a bubble where from the 9-10 times where it happens it's fine because they are famous, nobody stops them, agents don't warn them, Imagine if Kevin Spacey got absolutely slapped down the first time he tried to touch up a 14 year old? Probably would still have a career because he probably would of cut that s**t out

Personally my moves are not Whipping it out and jerking off, or trying to force people to watch me shower
Yep. The best thing that could have happened to Clinton, Weinstein or Trump was a women inflicting some defensive violence on them the first time they tried it. They'd think twice about doing it again if they had to spend some time recuperating injuries. Perhaps reattached testicles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back