domus

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club
I don't think I have quite got my head around the fact that we are in the fight for the 2022 premiership. It is a phenomenal effort. I remember the excitement on this forum which was rightly called premature when we showed some exciting signs in that pre-season game against the Hawks. We moved the ball brilliantly and Coxy and Elliott looked lethal. It seems like only yesterday.

We got off to a good start and then reality hit. Three losses in a row. Yet I clearly remember there being a lot of positivity on this board. I know I said I've never been more happy with the direction of our club after three straight losses and many agreed. We loved the way McCrae was coaching and the manner in which we were trying to play. But who could have dared to dream what was about to take place in the next three months?

It has to be the most exciting sequence of wins in our history.

And our reward for the time being is simply a chance to dream. Non footy people will never understand how much joy fans get from the aftermath of great wins-reading every word about your team in the media or watching every footy show and soaking up the praise or apologies of the doubters (of which there are still many) or having SEN on in the background throughout the day!

And when you rest your head upon the pillow at night you have license to fantasize about all the possible ways we might win.

Then you buy your tickets and the build up begins.

Thanks Pies... for the chance to dream again.

it's sunk in alright, I'll even go one further and say we will beat Geelong and send an almighty fright through the rest of the finals

They've had a really soft draw recently too so they shouldn't be very battle hardened. Hopefully Jeremy Cameron doesn't get up for it.
I'd love to knock them off with all of their big guns playing. I'd give anything to wipe the smug look of Scott's face.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back