Has Jack Martin finally arrived ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Great player? He's had two good games. I recognize he's sublimely skilled but it's been unrealized potential so far and there's definitely an element of downhill skier. He'll rack up 25 possessions and look great against bottom 4 but hide out on the wing and get 13 possies against a decent team. Has he every played well against a decent team....ever?
All this shows is you haven't watched him play very much. Some of his better games have been against GWS, Adelaide, Hawks, West Coast and Geelong.

All this shows is you haven't watched him play very much. Some of his better games have been against GWS, Adelaide, Hawks, West Coast and Geelong.
This. He's also making the assumption he sits on a wing which he almost never does because he's a skinny indigenous kid. Hard as a cat's head is Jack.

I think he will be better than Dustin. Dustin is really good but I think Jack has better disposal and more silky skills.
When he has had to deal with 2 or 3 tags like Dusty has we can talk. So far opposition coaches have left him alone. I doubt with his build he can deal with that like Dusty, but it's early days.

Let's not make this another pissing contest....
Just admire / debate the pros and cons of the kid in the topic.
FFS. I was replying to a comparison already made!!!!
I'm also commenting on a CON as you put it. That being we don't know how he'll handle a tag!!!!
So just STFU and stop your petty swipes. If you're not going to accept criticism of the player, you are clearly unable to debate the topic rationally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm also commenting on a CON as you put it. That being we don't know how he'll handle a tag!!!!
So just STFU and stop your petty swipes. If you're not going to accept criticism of the player, you are clearly unable to debate the topic rationally.
Says the guy getting emotional and swearing lol

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Nice melt champ, and rational to boot.
Thanks for your input, I'll be sure to take it on board.
FW.

Are you?

You say nothing to the poster saying Jack Martin will be better than Dusty. I then respond by saying he hasn't been tagged yet and MAY have trouble shaking one because of his build so I think Dusty has him covered. You then tell me to stop with pissing contests because I had the opposite view. Well, from where I'm sitting, you have a serious issue with accepting criticism of this player. There was no need to respond to my comment in the first place. I was giving an opinion of where Jack may have a weakness. What's wrong with that? Isn't that what the thread is about?

Are you?

You say nothing to the poster saying Jack Martin will be better than Dusty. I then respond by saying he hasn't been tagged yet and MAY have trouble shaking one because of his build so I think Dusty has him covered. You then tell me to stop with pissing contests because I had the opposite view. Well, from where I'm sitting, you have a serious issue with accepting criticism of your club's player. There was no need to respond to my comment in the first place. I was giving an opinion of where Jack may have a weakness. What's wrong with that? Isn't that what the thread is about?

Stop, just stop.

I follow Carlton, it says so on that thing on the left :handpointleft:

Kicked 9 goals in the first 3 games last year when the Suns were rolling then barely touched it until he was moved back. Sure it wasn't an easy team to be playing forward in but that was pretty disappointing, even if it did turn out to help him.

He's been lucky he's a bit hidden at GC because he would've got the full Watts and Tambling treatment if he played in Victoria.

Seems like he's been given enough time to become far more physical and he'll now start to benefit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back