Has Jack Martin finally arrived ?

Remove this Banner Ad

You would considering yoUs knowledge of footy. amcre Point is spot on but has flown over your head. I don't blame you though considering you have been watching Carlton games.

And I’m laughing...again.

Trust me...Carlton have shown way more ‘wins’ and ‘flags’ in my time on this planet watching the game then your team has...ever!
That dick measuring is pointless with me.

I understand his point and he’s entitled to it...but I don’t agree with him. I also don’t feel the need to discuss it further with him or you.
Take your pathetic grammar, lame and predictable arrogance on your bandwagon and get back to the school yard.

And I’m laughing...again.

Trust me...Carlton have shown way more ‘wins’ and ‘flags’ in my time on this planet watching the game then your team has...ever!
That dick measuring is pointless with me.

I understand his point and he’s entitled to it...but I don’t agree with him. I also don’t feel the need to discuss it further with him or you.
Take your pathetic grammar, lame and predictable arrogance on your bandwagon and get back to the school yard.

If he is entitled to his opinion, then show him respect without the tired trolling one liners.

As to my grammar, lol. I am posting on the phone and can't be stuffed fixing the missed keys. Nice melt though.

One last point, I have seen 8 flags so far, how many have you seen?

If he is entitled to his opinion, then show him respect without the tired trolling one liners.

As to my grammar, lol. I am posting on the phone and can't be stuffed fixing the missed keys. Nice melt though.

You were alive in 1943 then ??

I've gotta show someone respect who's not showing Eddie Betts any respect...ok!!
Yeah your grammars shameful...not our fault you can't type efficiently...so if you get called out for it than cop it.
If me sitting here laughing is having a 'nice melt'...than so be it.
8 flags hey...guess that burns my notion of you being on school holidays then. But something tells me you're telling porkies.
I've seen six by the way...

Is he a midfielder who can't find the ball?

Or a forward who doesn't kick goals?
We’ll find out this year I think.
I would think an 80/20 forward mid.
Probably needs to get it 20 and average 1.5 goals per game with 8 to 10 score involvements to earn his coin.
Should be hitting his prime now so there isn’t any excuses bar injury.

We’ll find out this year I think.
I would think an 80/20 forward mid.
Probably needs to get it 20 and average 1.5 goals per game with 8 to 10 score involvements to earn his coin.
Should be hitting his prime now so there isn’t any excuses bar injury.
at 25 the young/potential excuse is void

Be interesting to see what happens

Strange title. Hasn't played a game for Carton and his best season for Suns was 2017. I guess geographically, yes - he's arrived... in Melbourne. But I suppose anyone who's flown into Melb has 'arrived'.

Maybe we should start a thread "Has Johnny Farnham Finally Arrived". I believe he also went to Victoria a few times, and he has much more chance he'll return to form.

Strange title. Hasn't played a game for Carton and his best season for Suns was 2017. I guess geographically, yes - he's arrived... in Melbourne. But I suppose anyone who's flown into Melb has 'arrived'.

Maybe we should start a thread "Has Johnny Farnham Finally Arrived". I believe he also went to Victoria a few times, and he has much more chance he'll return to form.
The title relates to the point in time the thread was created which was in 2017 after Martin strung together some games for GC and looked as though he might have found form. It’s lost relevance somewhat by being bumped for no special reason in late 2019.

I've gotta show someone respect who's not showing Eddie Betts any respect...ok!!
Yeah your grammars shameful...not our fault you can't type efficiently...so if you get called out for it than cop it.
If me sitting here laughing is having a 'nice melt'...than so be it.
8 flags hey...guess that burns my notion of you being on school holidays then. But something tells me you're telling porkies.
I've seen six by the way...

I corrected that and stated 6, so that debunks how superior your side is. Also we have the added benefit of not cheating for our flag like 95*. Now you got caught out trying being a tool to amcre then started melting. I would advise to stay on topic of this thread and my points still stand. Your knowledge of Richmond and its players is less then none and you are way over rating Martin's ability considering what he has shown so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I corrected that and stated 6, so that debunks how superior your side is. Also we have the added benefit of not cheating for our flag like 95*. Now you got caught out trying being a tool to amcre then started melting. I would advise to stay on topic of this thread and my points still stand. Your knowledge of Richmond and its players is less then none and you are way over rating Martin's ability considering what he has shown so far.
Ummm...6 in what time frame bud....as we still have more success in my time on this planet than what Richmond have provided...so how has that debunked my original comment exactly?
We never got caught cheating in 95..prove it!?
I didn't melt...i laughed...there's a difference but you're not getting it.
I have been on topic of whats been discussed in the thread and my points still stand - at this stage Bett's is spoken about as one of the all time great small forwards...despite Castagna's premiership success, I never hear of his name in the same discussions and I highly doubt I ever will...chew on those facts.
At what stage have I over rated Martin's ability...please quote any post I have made on him where I've done this?

Come at me all you like...you won't win as I run with facts.

The title relates to the point in time the thread was created which was in 2017 after Martin strung together some games for GC and looked as though he might have found form. It’s lost relevance somewhat by being bumped for no special reason in late 2019.
Ahhh, that makes so much more sense. "Arrived" means 2017.

Ummm...6 in what time frame bud....as we still have more success in my time on this planet than what Richmond have provided...so how has that debunked my original comment exactly?
I have been on topic of whats been discussed in the thread and my points still stand - at this stage Bett's is spoken about as one of the all time great small forwards...despite Castagna's premiership success, I never hear of his name in the same discussions and I highly doubt I ever will...chew on those facts.
At what stage have I over rated Martin's ability...please quote any post I have made on him where I've done this?

Facts? Lol.

Thanks padawan

Betts is better than Castagna. Yes obviously Betts has had a better individual career (although Castagna’s team career shits all over Betts’). At their peak Betts was a far far better player, no one is disputing that.

But the argument is about 2020 and either you or another Blues poster claimed that Betts would walk into our side cause he is better than Castagna right now...which is clearly false.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Betts is better than Castagna. Yes obviously Betts has had a better individual career (although Castagna’s team career shits all over Betts’). At their peak Betts was a far far better player, no one is disputing that.

But the argument is about 2020 and either you or another Blues poster claimed that Betts would walk into our side cause he is better than Castagna right now...which is clearly false.

Jack Martin will be the better player(remember him).

Betts is better, career wise and in the last season played...more goals, tackles inside forward 50, goal assists, contested possessions, contested marks, clearances...how is this clearly false!?
For a small forward he's 'better'.
You guys bang on about how good Castagna is as a defensive forward...for someone that is clearly a more 'outside' player than Betts...Castagna's defensive aspect isn't better than Bett's' as proven by tackles and contested work rate. And considering what the first and foremost role of a small forward is to kick goals...Betts wins this stat hands down!
Even Betts at 32 years old is better than Castagna at 23....and Betts isn't even at his peak anymore!

As for Jack Martin...he's actually got more impressive stats than Castagna...huh.
I know Martin spends more time outside of the forward line...but considering this, Martin might actually be a better all round player!

Again...your 'clearly false' statement is clearly wrong.
Can we put this debate to bed now that I've gone out of my way to prove you wrong again with facts!?

Back onto Martin...he's apparently training very well and fitting in nicely with the players.
Look forward to seeing him run out in Navy!

Betts is better, career wise and in the last season played...more goals, tackles inside forward 50, goal assists, contested possessions, contested marks, clearances...how is this clearly false!?
For a small forward he's 'better'.
You guys bang on about how good Castagna is as a defensive forward...for someone that is clearly a more 'outside' player than Betts...Castagna's defensive aspect isn't better than Bett's' as proven by tackles and contested work rate. And considering what the first and foremost role of a small forward is to kick goals...Betts wins this stat hands down!
Even Betts at 32 years old is better than Castagna at 23....and Betts isn't even at his peak anymore!

As for Jack Martin...he's actually got more impressive stats than Castagna...huh.
I know Martin spends more time outside of the forward line...but considering this, Martin might actually be a better all round player!

Again...your 'clearly false' statement is clearly wrong.
Can we put this debate to bed now that I've gone out of my way to prove you wrong again with facts!?

Back onto Martin...he's apparently training very well and fitting in nicely with the players.
Look forward to seeing him run out in Navy!

Off season does funny things to ppl. Seeing as you believe you have the better player in Betts in your team, there’s no excuses for him now then. I can’t validate your stats cause I don’t know them off hand. Also using those same stats, I wonder which other forwards Betts is apparently better than.

To each their own, I think the recruitment of Betts was horrible considering the other younger small fwds on offer. Aren’t Carlton supposed to be developing ‘green shoots’? You obviously don’t rate Castagna and that’s fine, but I guarantee that for the rest of their respective careers Castagna is going to do a whole lot more than Betts

If your one selling point/point of difference as a player is that you bring frontal pressure the chances are you’re not much chop.

Not every player is blessed with the skill, composure and goal sense as Eddie Betts, some are lucky the increasing micro-management of player positioning has enabled them to carve out a career out of something as basic as showing up each week and forcing opposition defenders into making errors. Anything else is a bonus.

Off season does funny things to ppl. Seeing as you believe you have the better player in Betts in your team, there’s no excuses for him now then. I can’t validate your stats cause I don’t know them off hand. Also using those same stats, I wonder which other forwards Betts is apparently better than.

To each their own, I think the recruitment of Betts was horrible considering the other younger small fwds on offer. Aren’t Carlton supposed to be developing ‘green shoots’? You obviously don’t rate Castagna and that’s fine, but I guarantee that for the rest of their respective careers Castagna is going to do a whole lot more than Betts

Comical...
You tell me it's 'clearly false' that Betts is better than Castagna...yet you don't even know the stats that prove I am factually correct.
I would be daft to suggest otherwise that Castagna will do a lot more than Betts for the remainder of their careers....considering their respective ages!!
But I cant see Castagna surpassing Betts' career in its entirety.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back