Has Jordan De Goey announced himself?

More like the dollar-shop clearance sale version of Swanny :drunk:

Well i was trying to be polite

no disrespect to Dusty, in fact a compliment, he is a great player and if he turns out to be a poor mans version of Swanny he has had a great career

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Well i was trying to be polite

no disrespect to Dusty, in fact a compliment, he is a great player and if he turns out to be a poor mans version of Swanny he has had a great career
Swanny is one of my all time favourites outside of Richmond. He’s a tiger fan these days...
A2120CE2-6857-4279-B506-3608F3163A64.jpeg

Carson Dial

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Glad he’s put all that Hells Angels driving a motorcycle (without a helmet) down King street stuff behind him.
Now he can concentrate on scoring more

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
De Goey isn't as good as Judd was at the same age, delist.

/sarcasm

In the end he's a genuine young gun, all 18 teams would give their left nut to have him, and he almost won them a flag.

Looking forward to his development and hope his off-field issues are behind him.
Nothing but a downhill Skier. The last quarter of the granny a window to his soul.

Frank Gallagher

Diamond Encrusted Unobtainium Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not really as Judd is more of a pure midfielder whereas Dusty and JDG both spend lots of time up forward and have much more similar traits.

A quick Google search:
View attachment 605646
View attachment 605647
View attachment 605648
View attachment 605650
View attachment 605651
View attachment 605652
View attachment 605653

A few paragraphs from different websites:
View attachment 605654
View attachment 605655

And the AFL uploading a video comparing the two for good measure:
View attachment 605656
They're very similar IMO, obviously JDG isn't at Dustins level yet but he has plenty of time, in the coming years i'm expecting JDG to spend more and more time in the guts.

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
They're very similar IMO, obviously JDG isn't at Dustins level yet but he has plenty of time, in the coming years i'm expecting JDG to spend more and more time in the guts.
Yeah I feel that will be the case as well. Collingwood are in a good position at the moment because they have the luxury of playing JDG as a permanent forward. He will probably have stints in the middle but you could get away with playing him deep forward the whole season due to your depth in midfield.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Actually, Dusty played a lot up forward in 2013. Back then we had guys like Cotchin, Deledio, Jackson, Foley, Tuck, Ellis, Conca and Grigg playing predominantly midfield. It wasn’t until 2016 when Dusty could completely run out games.
He didn’t kick 48 goals though

Mar 1, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Dusty was always the attacking, goal kicking mid in his first 5-6 years. Was a bit inconsistent at times and probably didn't get enough of the pill to tak Charlie home, though. Richmond's overall performance didnt help him.

But then in about 2016 he just went bang and upped his possessions by about 5 a game. But still kept kicking the goals. Became the whole package. Won the Brownlow in 2017 and backed it up with a great season in 2018.

Dunno if it was a change in gameplan, or if he finally developed a massive tank after 5-6 preseasons, or a bit of both.

De Goey could very easily tread the same path. The similarities are undeniable. That said, I think Dusty's tank was better at 22.

Dusty was always the attacking, goal kicking mid in his first 5-6 years. Was a bit inconsistent at times and probably didn't get enough of the pill to tak Charlie home, though. Richmond's overall performance didnt help him.

But then in about 2016 he just went bang and upped his possessions by about 5 a game. But still kept kicking the goals. Became the whole package. Won the Brownlow in 2017 and backed it up with a great season in 2018.

Dunno if it was a change in gameplan, or if he finally developed a massive tank after 5-6 preseasons, or a bit of both.

De Goey could very easily tread the same path. The similarities are undeniable. That said, I think Dusty's tank was better at 22.
Dusty didnt keep kicking goals in 2016. It was like 2016 was the year he was determined to get more pill then in 2017 once he'd found the confidence he added his old goal kicking ways to the mix.

Coach_Required

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool & Boston Celtics
Not really sure why people believe De Goey and Martin are the same type of player and should be compared. Is it because they have similar body builds? These 2 talented and freakish players are poles apart in both positions played past and present.

De Goey is more of a forward, a very good one at that. Anyone who kicks 48 goals in his 4th season knows how to play. Martin has never played mostly as a forward instead he rests up forward or is used to throw a bit of confusion on the opposition.

You only need to look at their stats to realise just how different these two players really are. Martin has never played a season and had less than 425 disposals (which was his first season) enough with the comparisons please.

DeGeoy is a forward plain and simple, strong hard to match up on and quick which allows him to take plenty of uncontested marks and kick goals inside 50, has he announced himself? I'd say yes in 2018 he added a dimension to Collingwood they probably werent aware of until they lost a couple of small forwards and I would say did it even better those those players in their absence.

The Swert

Premiership Player
May 3, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Did you see his first quarter?

No literally, was he playing in the first quarter? He had 0 touches and wasn't seen on the TV screen.

Hardly dominated, just played a vulture game.

Back